eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

14KF Marking... What does it mean?

I have a mens wedding band that has 14KF marked in it. I've received 2 different answers... What does this mean? 14K Gold Filled.... Or 14K Fine?? What does 14K Fine mean?
Thanks
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to zachsafras
If it was gold filled, it usually says 14 k 1/20 GF...meaning it has one twentieth of gold in the ring..never saw a gold filled ring marked that way.Are you sure that F is not a P? that would be the vintage marking of Plumb, meaning the ring meets the standards set for 14 kt gold. Dee

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to zachsafras
thanks Dee,

It's a F for sure.... I took it to a local jeweler today and they said the F was part of the hallmarking that the ring is 14K...... I'm going to get a second opinion but sounds like the ring is 14K gold.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to zachsafras
Yes, F is probably just a mgfr's stamp. D.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: 14KF Marking... What does it mean?

in reply to zachsafras
I also have a wedding band marked 14kf and intent to sell on Ebay, but i want to give the right description..........does anyone else have a definite answer? denzil62
@cvalley.net
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to zachsafras
Make sure it does not say 14KP Which Means Plumb.... :smileyhappy: Usually It would say 14 KGFE Just a thought.... ---- :smileywink: ---Brizz

in reply to zachsafras
In case anyone is still wondering...I found out today that jewelry stamped 14kf with a small triangle next to it is real 14k gold. The "F" and the triangle is the Friedman's Inc. hallmark. If you are still not sure, take the item to a jeweler and have them run an acid test.
Please use plain text.
elias11
Community Member

in reply to zachsafras
Regardless of any information we may be able to give you here about the stamping, always keep in mind that stamps have been faked for centuries.

I wish had a dollar each of the gold plated chains (marked 14K) that I have encountered over the years!

Before you list it on eBay or offer it for sale anywhere else, you should have it tested for gold, as suggested in the previous post. You are responsible for the gold content, regardless of whether it is stamped or not!

Elias
Please use plain text.
elias11
Community Member

in reply to zachsafras
Correction:

I wish had a dollar for each of the gold plated chains (marked 14K) that I have encountered over the years!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to zachsafras
Yes, it should be tested if there is any doubt. All that a 14kf stamp means is that somebody stamped it with a stamp that said 14kf. It may have little to do with the actual metal content. Best regards, Lee
Please use plain text.