eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Why did ebay put a "grayed out" effect on the ENDED WISH LIST ITEMS?

I have posted this request/comment on "tell us what you think" and I have called ebay.  I encourage you to do the same...

PLEASE REMOVE the "grayed out" effect on the ENDED WISH LIST ITEMS.  It is impossible to view the listings at a glance.  When an item is light in color,  small or very detailed, you cannot see it.  It's like having cataracts or looking thru a fog.  It is very annoying and hurts the eyes.  This is the first thing I look at when signing into ebay.  I check to see what has ended.  I look at this just a much as my active items.  This is definitely a detriment to my experience on ebay.

Please use plain text.
raduska75
Community Member

Re: Why did ebay put a "grayed out" effect on the ENDED WISH LIST ITEMS?

in reply to judy5425
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to raduska75

Not a browser issue.  I have a MAC that uses Safari and a Dell desktop that uses IE and it's that way on both.  

There are postings by others that have the same issue...thanks

Please use plain text.
**catman**
Community Member

in reply to judy5425

The "grayed-out" effect is worse than useless...it is Irritating...like many of ebay's "improvements."

CM

Please use plain text.
raduska75
Community Member

in reply to judy5425

judy5425 wrote:

Not a browser issue.  I have a MAC that uses Safari and a Dell desktop that uses IE and it's that way on both.  

I don't have it. Lucky you, looks like you have been selected to test some sort of beta.:smileytongue: Does anybody keeps count of these ebay "improvements" (that are supposedly requested by customers) ?

Please use plain text.
fan_fanatic99
Community Member

in reply to raduska75

raduska75 wrote:

judy5425 wrote:

I don't have it. Lucky you, looks like you have been selected to test some sort of beta.:smileytongue: Does anybody keeps count of these ebay "improvements" (that are supposedly requested by customers) ?

It is amazing how Ebay blames the customers for all of these useless so called improvements. Sure, like we're going to be begging for a grayed out effect. :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
thistleandfrog
Community Member

in reply to fan_fanatic99

I HATE this. it hurts the eyes so bad. I use the ended items regularly. they might as well just not let you keep ended items any more because they are useless greyed out.. 

I want to turn it off. does anyone have any ideas as to how to get rid of it?

I sent some hate mail about it. 

Visit my collection at: www.thegildedcurio.com
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to judy5425

I use FIrefox. When I choose to "view in IE tab," the ended items are not "grayed out." 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ebuyer2042

Sorry.  IE tab worked once.  Now I can't duplicate it.  Ended items are "grayed out" again.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ebuyer2042

If you add the "Fire IE" add-on, and go to the  Fire IE "options", then "IE Options" choose IE 7,  the ended items look great.

Please use plain text.