Antiques and Research
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Help Please with Greek Letters On Pin

Hello, I am looking for help please with some Greek letters on a Pin. I know the first is Mu and the last is Kappa, but I have no idea what that second letter that looks like a "C" is and I have not had any luck with searching so far. I would appreci...

2015-05-03 019.JPG 2015-05-03 018.JPG

any more info on 10 inch chalkware asian child ?

hoping to find more info on 10 in ch tall chalkware asian child figure.....i cannot find any signatures...but it may have been rubbed off from bottom ? are there any instances where esther hunt or others whose work is similar... DID NOT sign her chal...

Kitchen Whatsit? Butter or Cookie Press? Folk Art or Primitive? Can't decide

Ended up with 2 truck loads of items from a flea market seller who was retiring so no information on provenance.Going through a box this morning I spotted one of these at the bottom and first thought was butter press but not so sure after some search...

cookie press 001.JPG cookie press 003.JPG cookie press 007.JPG cookie press 004.JPG
User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help Please With Signed Bronze Lizard Or Horn Toad-Any Info at All Would Help!

Hi ya'll! I got this piece today. Saw it and just had to have it. It is a bronze lizard or, more likely, a horny toad. It is signed on the bottom, but it is really hard to make it out. It has a bale so I think it is a pendant. A really big, heavy pen...

IMG_8617.JPG IMG_8627.JPG IMG_8624.JPG IMG_8616.JPG

Is this a tiffany scarab?

To me this looks like a loose tiffany scarab, but I haven't seen one this color. It's 1.5" long, unsigned (which in my understanding is typical for these), and you can see kind of a white substance that comes off if you touch it, around where it woul...

what are these things

this is a pair of something, they appear to be brass have lions feet , they measure 6 inches tall, and the base is three inches in dia, I have racke my brain , first I though candle holders without the top ,then I thought some sort of bathroom fixtur...

007.JPG 007.JPG 007.JPG 007.JPG
User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

early 1800's blanket chest, SHAKER?

I got this a couple years ago at the Salvation Army. If you google, Antique Shaker Blanket chest ANTIQUES ROADSHOW, you will see one that looks like it could have been made by the same person but I'm not a Shaker expert so Please give me your opinion...

Any Info on this Brass Pin?

I tried this on the Military group page but no replies. Does anyone recognize what this pin is from? It has laurel wreaths and interlocking "CP" pr "PC". Thanks in Advance for your help!!!

insignia2.JPG insignia1.JPG
Most Marked as Helpful Authors