cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Happening to Ebay??

nateowens1
Enthusiast
I can't believe what is happening to Ebay, this site was once a god send for entrepreneurs and people strapped for cash and they are nothing now but overpriced corporate bullies, I mean seriously, what is going on at these strategy meetings up there with Ebays to dogs. I have never seen a business try so hard to completely destroy their brand, screw their base and murder their business. The stuff they are pulling with the DSR's and limiting small seller accounts and fees on shipping and putting holds on peoples money is just crazy, they are nothing but big bullies. Think about it, they are destroying so many peoples businesses and for many in this economy, an only source for cash. what kind of people do that? Its really sad, I know for me this was such an important source of cash, I lost my job and because of a few bad buyers that Ebay now chooses to protect my family is quickly going under, I wish someone up top would take a few and reflect on the pain they are causing so many, especially in these very hard times. I have come to realize that Ebay is a dying business, you cant deny it, look at their stock over the last 2 years, look at their business practices, some that I am pretty sure are not even legal like discrimination or allowing and encouraging buyer fraud. Yes Ebay is huge but believe me, they will fall. Just like when Google took out Yahoo or when Facebook slapped down My Space, its just a matter of time, and hopefully it will be sooner rather than latter, what they have become is sad and awful. After 11 years Im saying goodbye, and it actually hurts, this was important to me, for many years, and I put in alot of time and energy like so many others that Ebay is stepping all over now. Goodbye
Message 1 of 147
latest reply
146 REPLIES 146

Re: What is Happening to Ebay??

This thread is older than my nephews are. And Nate actually did leave. Wish him well out there.

Message 136 of 147
latest reply

Hello

can you tell me which one?

thank you

Message 137 of 147
latest reply

they are dictators,

Message 138 of 147
latest reply

I hadn't bought for awhile.... and tried today.... they wouldn't let me into my account first, then after reopening an account w/new psswd, they won't let me ask a seller a question without getting my home address and landline... this is outrageous. I am done with eBay.
Message 139 of 147
latest reply

Ebay has always required those things, this is nothing new.

Message 140 of 147
latest reply

Where are these free websites?
Message 141 of 147
latest reply

I switched to Reverb.

Message 142 of 147
latest reply

Message 143 of 147
latest reply

@gcmsam wrote:

I switched to Reverb.

It was announced today in the music trades magazines that Reverb was bought out by Etsy.... as a fellow reverber, I'm not sure how I feel about that.  I liked the fact that Reverb was not corporate, but was owned by one of the bigger mom and pop music stores in the country... hope they don't go downhill now.

Message 144 of 147
latest reply

Gpg I wish you luck. I’ve never been to the other E. Only thing I’ve heard about them is from the boards. Hopefully it doesn’t affect you much.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 145 of 147
latest reply

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:
Gpg I wish you luck. I’ve never been to the other E. Only thing I’ve heard about them is from the boards. Hopefully it doesn’t affect you much.

Thanks.  I have no idea what to expect so far.  I do know that Reverb has been an awesome venue, and the only one I've ever seen that could keep up with or surpass here in terms of users and sales... to the point that eBay lowered the fees in the Music instruments category in order to match Reverb's rates.  But I like both venues and would like to stay at both places... there are a LOT more school band customers here than there are on Reverb, for one thing.  Not that there aren't those customers on Reverb, it's just that it's mostly guitar stuff over there, and that's OK, that's really where they got their start.  Most of my sales are in music instruments, but over the last year I have started picking up stuff to resell when I'm out and about... I have some of that stuff up here now... and I've done OK for the most part with that, although I tend to only stick to stuff I either can look up quick and confirm I should get, so that I don't get in to anything too deep, since we all know your profit is in what you pay initially for your items, rather than in what you sell it for.  I hope Etsy doesn't make sweeping changes to Reverb, it's a nice community, I hope they leave it alone and keep it as it is. 

Message 146 of 147
latest reply

Ebay has become virtually useless.

It imposes unrealistic DSR's, removes all traffic if you fall foul. Recovery time used to be around 12 months, now there is no recovery.

The main issue with eBay, is they do not run a business in the traditional sense. It's run by people that do not understand business.

Message 147 of 147
latest reply