cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer with single rating claiming item defective. Any advice?

I did a topic search.  I know this topic has been discussed over and over again.   Apologizes in advance for walking this well trod path.

I sold a cell phone with case, used for $50 with free shipping.  Buyer indicates it is defective.  Buyer has only 1 rating.  Is there anything I can do to protect myself in the future?

1.  Refuse to ship to buyers with less than 10 ratings?  I suspect the buyers can put in a dispute for non-shipment
2.  Do not accept returns?  Buyer can still claim defective under Ebay A-Z protection policy.

Can I put in a dispute with Ebay because this buyer lacks ratings?

I sell about 10 items a year.  Not enough for a seller discount.  Do I just accept this is the way it is with Ebay?

Thanks in advice.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Have they opened a case?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I JUST went through this with an expensive antique.  Buyer was brand new that day with zero feedbacks. Stirred up a big controversy because I shipped it "Signature Required". since "Refuse to ship to buyers with less than 10 ratings?" isn't a choice.  Anyhowm the guy has had it 6 days now- still no OMG notices from the buyer or ebay. Maybe, jusy maybe, he's a regular nice new buyer? 

I am who I am- those who matter don't mind. Those who mind, don't matter.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Everyone has to start somewhere. On eBay it’s at 0. Hopefully you have no issues with your buyer. Antiques and cell phones are 2 totally different kind of buyers.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply