cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preventing "0" Feedback people from bidding...

I thought I remember that in the past, I had changed a setting that prevented people with lower than a certain feedback score from bidding on my items. I wonder if that's still in effect.

I just had an item sell for about twice the price that other people are selling it for. The item was bid up by two people from Canada (item is in US) who have a total combined Feedback score of "3". One of them has had an account since 2006 and never bought anything.

Of course, being that I want to get this out by Christmas (it's NIB, so very giftable), my options are limited. Of course, the item still hasn't been paid for by the winner. Technically, I have to wait for the winning bidder, but my gut tells me it's not a real bid. If I make a second chance offer to the last "legitimate" offer, and the winning bidder then pays later, I'm at fault.

Any suggestions? And how can I prevent this from happening again?

Message 1 of 120
latest reply
119 REPLIES 119

Re: Preventing "0" Feedback people from bidding...

@hondamedic wrote:

@e-doggy wrote:

I've gone two ways with this.  If the item bid on is not that much money (under $100) the Zero Feedback bidder must contact me within 12 hours of their bid.  If no contact, then their bid is cancelled and they are banned.  Sorry, tough world out there,  If the item is above $100 I ask that the Zero Feedback bidder place a refundable $25 deposit into my Paypal account for assurance.  If they win the auction it counts as part of their payment, if not..... I refund it.  If they mess up my auction and don't pay.... I keep the money to cover fees, and wasted time. It's really that simple in my book.  Either your genuine or your not, there is no gray area.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=e-doggy&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

So you're tellin' me you insist on a 10% non-refundable deposit and they pay?

Alrighty then! Smiley Very Happy  I'd back-arrow out of any listing that had such ridiculous terms in it so fast... There's way too many seller fish in the Ebay sea to put up with that.

@e-doggy wrote:

I've gone two ways with this.  If the item bid on is not that much money (under $100) the Zero Feedback bidder must contact me within 12 hours of their bid.  If no contact, then their bid is cancelled and they are banned.  Sorry, tough world out there,  If the item is above $100 I ask that the Zero Feedback bidder place a refundable $25 deposit into my Paypal account for assurance.  If they win the auction it counts as part of their payment, if not..... I refund it.  If they mess up my auction and don't pay.... I keep the money to cover fees, and wasted time. It's really that simple in my book.  Either your genuine or your not, there is no gray area.

OR, list everything as fixed price with IPR and never deal with non-paying buyers again.  It's much simpler.

Message 92 of 120
latest reply

Quit making excuses for scam artists. Its people like you that let EBAY get away with murder in not protecting sellers.
Message 93 of 120
latest reply

@jman128 wrote:
Quit making excuses for scam artists. Its people like you that let EBAY get away with murder in not protecting sellers.

No, eBay does that all on their own.

Yes, there are scam artists , & what little sellers can do about them are in threads that litter this board.

Some choose to adopt the BIN w/ immediate payment, others the Non Paying Bidder functions , reporting and BBL-ing the offensive bidder.

Others , like you, contend that being a rude little twit will solve all your problems.

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 94 of 120
latest reply

@komokwa wrote:

@jman128 wrote:

No, eBay does that all on their own.

Yes, there are scam artists , & what little sellers can do about them are in threads that litter this board.

Some choose to adopt the BIN w/ immediate payment, others the Non Paying Bidder functions , reporting and BBL-ing the offensive bidder.

Others , like you, contend that being a rude little twit will solve all your problems.

Twit---  a small pregnant bird !

Message 95 of 120
latest reply

Twit---  a small pregnant bird !

And ....

twit.jpg

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom. ~ Sir Terry Pratchett
Message 96 of 120
latest reply

The PT board is so informative ~ I learn something new everyday!

Twit ~ a pregnnat bird!

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 97 of 120
latest reply

I also learned that a twit is a pregnant goldfish ~ very informative silly.gif!

Message 98 of 120
latest reply

Since we are talking about "twits" ~ I wonder if we are "twitting"?  If so, I

think that I will just twit myself to a ~

Message 99 of 120
latest reply

I'm a quicker keyboarder than Hidy 🙂

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom. ~ Sir Terry Pratchett
Message 100 of 120
latest reply

Spoiler
SNIPE ~ OK, call me a twit ~ it was worth it!  laugh.gif devil.gif

Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent 0 feedback people from bidding!

Message 101 of 120
latest reply

I now will retire to the slow typist corner and wear the twit hat for the rest of the day ~ congrats fly, well done!

Spoiler
I wonder if the sniper king will be amused with our antics?

Message 102 of 120
latest reply

According to my browser I got the SWOOOOOSSSH!

006.jpg

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 103 of 120
latest reply

Well, honda ~ either your browser or my browser is a "twit" because my browser shows your post as number "89"!

Community Member

in reply to au-artifax

@e-doggy wrote:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=e-doggy&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

So you're tellin' me you insist on a 10% non-refundable deposit and they pay?

BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute

Message 104 of 120
latest reply

you're browser BLOWS !

Fly got the snipe !

I run Chrome Super Sniper Mode 17.5 Terabytes...!

You run a Rolodex !!

Heeheehehe!!!!!!!

Message 105 of 120
latest reply