cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My auction says No Returns, isn't that my right !

Even though the option exists in your listing of " No Returns ", unfortunately that does not mean No Refunds !!

The Ebay Buyer Protection Plan over rides your policy, and almost guarantees that a claim filed against you ( such as a SNAD..) will result in the buyer getting a refund without having to return your item to you.

While this is not fair, you can prevent this from happening in the future by changing you auction listings to ' accept returns'.

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 1 of 461
latest reply
460 REPLIES 460

Re: My auction says No Returns, isn't that my right !

Another seller with a neg, read #2> http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Feedback/Undeserved-Feedback-From/5100052829

Why? Look at the auction, NRA (No not the gun owners organization, No Returns Accepted.)

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 196 of 461
latest reply

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Ebay-Chat/Buyer-Protection-Policy/5100062495

It is sad to see eBay do this to Mom's trying to sell kids stuff they no longer use.... http://www.ebay.com/csc/lufty227_123/m.html?_ipg=25&_from=&_nkw=&_armrs=1&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc But the seller listed them as VG then posted they had scratches... Glad I don't sell in that tough market!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 197 of 461
latest reply

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker

Cuz, some Seller's just don't get it...

Message 198 of 461
latest reply

This was a dumb topic eleven months ago...

And nothing has changed.

You don't have to accept returns, but you DO have to give Refunds.

What is so difficult to understand?

OMA, you're the only one here who thinks I posted a dumb topic , & I might agree with you except for the fact that new and old sellers alike keep showing up here with no concept that eBay runs the show,  and what they put in their TOS is written in stone.....just because they say it is !

No Returns shouldn't even be a choice in any listing but until such time as it's taken off the table.....this thread will still have merit .....whether you think so or not !

Grrrrrrrrrr !!!

Message 199 of 461
latest reply

This was a dumb topic eleven months ago...

And nothing has changed.

You don't have to accept returns, but you DO have to give Refunds.

What is so difficult to understand?

...The reason this is not a Dumb topic OMA is Nidget sellers still think they can get away with it.

Item.> http://cgi.ebay.com/itm/110862155831

Buyers story:

I bought and item with an offer that was accepted and once I received the item I realized it was of very low quality. I was content to keep it since they had a no return policy and chalk it up to a learning experience. I have never left neutral let alone negtive feeback I guess because I have been a very understanding buyer.

I was able to secure a refund because I found an error in the listing. (the 3/4 sleeves listed were actually long sleeves) Only to be told and I quote "As we strive for 5 star postive feedback, we are willing to make an exception to our return policy and allow you to return the item for a refund of the purchase price ($40.00), in exchange for your positive 5 star feedback.

This Nidget seller not only tried to pull the wool over a buyers eyes they then pulled a policy violation, FD Extortion, out of their dupa ! I would hope this seller didn't know what they were doing, and if they didn't, this thread a good starting point to learn how not to get their selling privileges pulled.

Message 200 of 461
latest reply

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Ebay-Chat/Buyer-Protection/5200085798

I recently bought an old CRT monitor and it was DOA. The on/off switch didn't even work right, which makes me wonder if the item was even inspected before it was shipped. The seller deals in a lot of older electronics.

The seller says "No returns or exchanges, but item is covered by eBay Buyer Proterction".

How does this work? Can't a selelr just sell broken stuff and let eBay handle the complaints/refunds or whatever?

What can I expect?

DOA? Buyer can expect a full refund...And more!> http://cgi.ebay.com/itm/280869656721

Message 201 of 461
latest reply

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Feedback/Warning-On-Feedback/5100076420

Read Post #1, good advice, then Post #2, he's saying EBAY didn't contact him before issuing a refund. 

That's right> http://cgi.ebay.com/itm/251055349049 

No returns or exchanges, but item is covered by eBay Buyer Protection

Seller's policy is no returns and eBay's is refund the buyer if that's what the seller wants!

Message 202 of 461
latest reply

Now theres gonna be a new "return item" immediate option?

New way to manage returns right from My eBayStarting the week of May 28, eBay will begin introducing a new optional way to manage returns that is intended to be the long-term return solution for all transactions on eBay. This new process virtually automates returns for you and your buyer—even automatically refunding your final value fees.

Here’s how it works:

To initiate a return, your buyer simply clicks “Return this item” next to the transaction in My eBay, chooses a reason, and prints a return shipping label and packing slip. You’re automatically notified. eBay pays for the return shipping upfront and then either charges the buyer’s PayPal account or adds it to your next invoice, depending on who you specified pays for shipping. When you receive the item, you simply click a button to issue a refund. Your final value fee for that transaction will show as a credit on your next seller invoice and a portion of your PayPal fees will also be refunded.

Message 203 of 461
latest reply

It occurs to me that the day is coming where a buyers program will buy from a sellers listing and then turn around and upon receipt  ' return this item' all without the buyer or seller even being aware what happend !

Make sure we all set our preference to Buyer Pays for Return Shipping !!!

Message 204 of 461
latest reply

Now theres gonna be a new "return item" immediate option?

New way to manage returns right from My eBayStarting the week of May 28, eBay will begin introducing a new optional way to manage returns that is intended to be the long-term return solution for all transactions on eBay. This new process virtually automates returns for you and your buyer—even automatically refunding your final value fees.

Here’s how it works:

To initiate a return, your buyer simply clicks “Return this item” next to the transaction in My eBay, chooses a reason, and prints a return shipping label and packing slip. You’re automatically notified. eBay pays for the return shipping upfront and then either charges the buyer’s PayPal account or adds it to your next invoice, depending on who you specified pays for shipping. When you receive the item, you simply click a button to issue a refund. Your final value fee for that transaction will show as a credit on your next seller invoice and a portion of your PayPal fees will also be refunded.

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Part-Time-Ebay/2012-Spring-Seller/5200070789?start=50#msg5100801454

Plagiarist!;-)

Message 205 of 461
latest reply

Sorry Honda...I could blame that on 100 different things...but it only comes down to one thing....."stupidity"......?......or is it age....?...hmmmmm....ok...."AGE".;-)

OOPSIE.....my postal memory lacks long term.

Message 206 of 461
latest reply

How many mistakes can a seller make?> http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Feedback/Received-First-Neutral/5100077278

So eBay sent a reminder on day 2 & buyer sent 1 on day 4 & threatened an UID.

They paid late and then two days later asked for a refund or exchange when the listing states no returns accepted.

Seller forced them to pay, see any flaw with that, along with the no return policy?

They gave us a neutral rating because the shoes didn't fit and our policy is "returns not accepted."

Or are we stuck with this unfair neutral rating because the buyer din't read our policies?

Seller lucky it was only a Neut!

We sent a message on the fourth day and said if they didn't pay according to the stated 3 day payment due period we would have to follow up with ebay proceedures.

Message 207 of 461
latest reply

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Seller-Central/Would-You-Take/5100082466

From the OP:

I had a buyer who bought clothing and a few weeks later asked to retun it becuase she just didnt like the way it looked on her. Ebay sided with her and I had to accept item back and refund her even thouh she sent it without tags (it was brand new in sealed package).

Please remember that the item must be returned in the condition sent, if not you can appeal:

Buyers and sellers have one opportunity within 45 days from the day the case is closed to appeal the decision by providing the appropriate documentation via the eBay Resolution Center.

It is the buyer's responsibility to ensure that the item is properly packaged and shipped. If the item is not delivered to the seller's return address in the condition in which the buyer received it, the buyer may not be eligible for a refund.

Post #10 is interesting, first time I've read a seller won 'em all!:

I have a no return policy. I've had a handful of SNAD claims over the years. I have never been forced to refund. I've won any and all claims. Might not have been many but I won them.

It seems to me if you have a return policy, Ebay then tends to allow returns for any old reason.

Message 208 of 461
latest reply

old_man_arthur,  Please do forgive my being blunt and do understand this comment is not intended to show disrespect towards you in any way. I feel you must be having a bad hair day (I have them quiet often myself) 🙂 But to show up here, in a thread you obviously do not like, just to make it known you, in your opinion of course, feel the thread is dumb. Then go even further by making another statement which, as far as I am concerned, trys to imply you are a more superior human being, so superior in fact that you seem to get what others do not.........;\  But...... in fact you seem to be the one who does not get it after all so Im going to try to simplify it for you. Okay 😄

As we all know, Ebay is vast... Worldwide.. WOW HUH! That being said, every new day brings  many new members, buyers and sellers alike... All the information within this thread is not only very informative but its also has given many members some fun, relaxation and yes, another chance to joke and laugh while helping those who showed up needing help, as do many threads within this forum.  I am reminded of a quote from a movie and it goes like this. "Stupid is is what stupid does".

So instead of dragging on with this reply that I quiet honestly have really enjoyed writing. To sum it up. Although your opinion is that of a dumb nature, whats worse is its stupid for you to reply to this thread seeing how you think its dumb, in fact your time would be better spent applying your energy to a thread  that you enjoy... I hope you now have a better understanding as to why this thread gets bumped so often. 😐

Life is to darn short to stress the small stuff.... 🙂

Message 209 of 461
latest reply

I would have said sweat but for some reason stress seemed more likely fit in this given situation. Clearly... 😉

Message 210 of 461
latest reply