cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has it been Slow this month for you????

I sell a little bit of everything and Ive noticed that this month it has been really slow. has anyone else noticed a big drop in sales?

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Has it been Slow this month for you????

Yup big time & have not seen sales so down nor the amount of people looking for a partial refund for ridiculous reasons. Will get worse closer to the time the kids go back to school. Twice a year people commit to not spending money.One is after Christmas (they & I spent it) second when school starts (spent it on tuition,books,supplies and clothes already.) Now you can add in the cost or Obama care (suppose to have been free,) No more printing of money (which the expert say will drop the price of gold to 750.00 oz,) Unstable stock market & economy.The chance of getting your pension (you worked decades to earn) being taxed. Wonder why sales down , how much have you bought lately ????? Dollar stores doing great,last I looked EBay stock down 7%.
Message 16 of 34
latest reply

yes, especially since eBay did not provide free listings for me in July. I had been doing well with book sales just posting 30-day buy it now items once a month.

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

@mintrobmint wrote:

@jacke407 wrote:

What do you mean, you yanked all your items that were flat.  Do you just put them in unsold, do you end them, or is there a way to put them in inventory and then pull them out at a later date without being charged the month(s) in between?

Yep & Yep......if you run selling manager or pro, you can keep them in your unsold folder for up to 90 days and relaunch them at a later date.

Items that have little or no views for the first 15-20 days go stale....and with Cassini they can effect all of your listings like a cancer. I pull those items....let them rest for a month or so...then relaunch using the "sell-similar" format on the item. I dont use "relist" because that takes a stale item directly back to it's "stale" location.

Basically.....you cannot replace cancer with cancer....you need to replace cancer with remedy...and "sell-similar" is the remedy.

Hi all!

I am at my wits end here.  the items I have listed oare now in their second week as relisted.  I even made a few edits, lowered my prices, etc.  I'm too depressed to even make the effort to list other items and trying to determine if I need to open a sellers account on another site or not.  I have a huge variety of items and categories so, it is not like "handmade jewelry is not moving well at this time of year" thing or being stale in the same category.  Even lists in different places on eBay, I still get zilch.   You would think that SOMETHING should sell.  Last two weeks I had a tigers eye choker listed for $4.99 - jeez, even that did not even get more than a couple views.  I wonder if I should try what you suggested using "sell-similar" link.  Does it guide you step by step?  And, what does it do that is any different?  Put your item in a different place?  Sorry if I did not "get" what you explained.  Thanks for any suggestions about other selling sites and/or the 'sell-similar"  link here.

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

I am SO curious.... Can you please tell me HOW do you list 90 items in a night? I am sure most of the work was done before, but still...... Also, that leads me to ask you and anyone else. Any tips on how to list as many items as possible in a day, for instance? I sure would appreciate it!
Message 19 of 34
latest reply

Explanation:  When I said I have a huge variety of items, I meant inventory, not what is listed.  

Message 20 of 34
latest reply

Angel if you have been using RELIST on thoose, and the views have been dead, i suggest trying a NEW listing just create a new one from scratch and copy paste everything over.
this should have a better chance than a sell simmilar, also is the item your selling already being sold by china sellers at 99cents? might want to check into your competition and see.
Message 21 of 34
latest reply

but if you have a lot of listings like that then, maybe use sell simmilar for some of them and try a new listing on a few and see if it helps any with the views.
Message 22 of 34
latest reply

slow as well here. I also noticed, for used parts. That shipping is unspecified if "calculated". I generated some sales by either flat rating or free shipping. But its not enough. At times ebay seems to be not worth the headaches.

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

What is the best items to sell on ebay? I want to get started and I need some expert advice.

Thanks!

Message 24 of 34
latest reply

Hi cyberblasters - you will find lot's of good information on this board with lot's of advice.  It would be best if you started a new topic.  Go to the top of the page and click on "New Message" and repeat your question.  It will be much easier for other sellers to answer you question with your own thread.  Welcome to the Part Time Sellers Board!

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 25 of 34
latest reply

My sales steadily declined starting in January~~in Jan. I was averaging $2500.00 for 31 days sales.  In July I sold 12 items for a total of $300.00-$400.00. 

I blamed it on all the free listings they were handing out and the fact every category was saturated with items for sale.

I decided I needed to do something different to get better exposure so I changed to 1 day handling time and 30 day returns.  We have to accept returns for 45 days anyway so what's the difference?  My sales really went up.  I shipped 9 items on Monday and another 11 yesterday.  My sales average for the last 31 days is up to just short of $1300.00.  I have a ways to go yet but it has been a drastic improvement over the previous 31 days.

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

Maybe it's the type of items you are selling I am have a record month best ever.

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

It has been slow I have sold two cross stitch kits and one antique book. I hope sales pick up in September.

"Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies" Gene Hill
Message 28 of 34
latest reply

Very slow for me too i sale little of everything also

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

Every month got better and better but then September got really slow.  ( I sell mostly pre-owned clothing)

Message 30 of 34
latest reply