cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos in Return Request?

Unfortunately, I got a Return Request from a guy. Even though all my auctions are "As Is, no return or exchanges".
I sell stickers. I had a guy buy a couple and he is using the "item doesn't match the listing description" excuse to get a refund. He says there is a tiny flaw in the sticker (I know there isn't I make each one myself). Anyway. I asked him to send me photos of the stickers. No way in hell am I going to offer a refund or anything if he already made any attempt to put thme on.
So... he said he added photos to the request. I am not seeing them at all or anywhere on the page to view them if he did add photos. I see a place that I can add photos, but nothing to view what he may have sent.

So, am I looking in the wrong place? I am looking at the page that has the list of our conversation.

I do not like that policy. Even if there is a small flaw in the sticker, that is completely different than "item doesn't match the listing description".

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@swinslow  Hi, swinslow ~ thanks for visiting the Part Time eBay Sellers Group...we are always happy to help with questions or advice.

The pictures should have come through with his message and if they didn't, the buyer either didn't send them or somehow screwed up when uploading the pics...but it really makes no difference because eBay's Money Back Guarantee overrides your "no return" policy for NAD (not as described).  A no return policy is only valid for remorse returns.  Unfortunately, eBay does not require a buyer to furnish pictures of damage when opening a return request.

You said:

I do not like that policy. Even if there is a small flaw in the sticker, that is completely different than "item doesn't match the listing description".

Not really!  All flaws should be disclosed in the listing to make the buyer aware of what they are receiving.

Many buyers will abuse the return policy by claiming not as described in order to avoid paying the return shipping cost.  Until eBay wises up and makes the buyer pay return shipping for all requests, just as PayPal does, the abuse will continue and there really isn't much we can do about it.

In order to avoid a deadly "case closed without seller resolution" strike, you will have to suck it up and provide the buyer with a return label and once you get the item back, you will have to refund...really sorry this happened to you.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Ha that is almost word for word what I was going to say. Thanks for beating me to it. 😀

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

do you make bumper stickers and tshirts I have some really funny ideas for photos with captions crazy funny. some picts i allready have from from films i produced

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I don't. I make vinyl cut stickers. I do sell some t-shirts on teespring though.

So, I sent him a return label. I still don't like it. I know the sticekrs I sent were not flawed. When I get them back, I am anxious to see what condition they are in when I get them. I know they were good when I sent them out. I make each one myself. 

A while back I did have one other guy get his stickers and the post office had mangled them. Luckily he was courteous enough to just send me a message and photos (it was an amazing mess, I think the post office's maches ate the cardboard envelope and then a truck ran it over). He asked for a refund or new stickers, we chatted and I sent him new stickers and everything was good.

This guy though, he has bought a bunch of stickers from a bunch of other people too (according to his feedback page), I just hope he isn't pulling the same **bleep** with them too.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply