cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay sales Dropped Why so Slow?

Picking up on a thread that was recently closed down pertaining to Slow eBay Sales.  I have been selling on eBay for years and have noticed a dramatic decrease in sales.  I sell mainly winter gear and normally have several sales in Sept at least that is how it has been since 2009.  This year nothing...  I am in the process now of clearing out my remaining inventory here on eBay.  Hopefully they can turn it around as many small sellers are also buyers.  I buy on eBay when I sell on eBay.  When I don't sell on eBay on don't buy on eBay.  Am sure this is the same for many small to mid size sellers.  

What are the rest of you seeing on your end as small to mid size sellers?

Message 1 of 125
latest reply
124 REPLIES 124

Re: Ebay sales Dropped Why so Slow?

Ditto
Message 121 of 125
latest reply

>tap tap tap<..... is this on? Hey are any of the old folks still even around?

Message 122 of 125
latest reply

The regular PT Group members are still here... never left.

Message 123 of 125
latest reply

Since Sept 25, the slowest sales Ive had in years consistently.  I cant break $1000 a day and have no sales or no questions for 12 hours. Before the big "upgrade" My sales were hitting an all time high, up and up, month over month. Ive been selling for a decade or so here and Im pretty sure they broke something, changed algorythms, etc..  I know they keep breaking things as theyre "upgrading" the system.  The markdown manager went away, promotions was broken, big sales slump. I have 5000 items to edit and they took away the "500 at a time"  option. Half of CS says theyre bringing it back and it wasnt on purpose, half says, its gone to save bandwidth. Editing 5000 listings in bulk 200 at a time took hours and is something I wont be doing frequently. What business takes editing away tools?

Message 124 of 125
latest reply

This happens every time they do upgrades that have not been beta tested and it is around this time of the year that they do it. September is always slow unless you sell school supplies. Now is a good time to start thinking about what the hot item for Xmas will be and start stocking up as this is always a buyers market at this time of the year. I have been slow since last month also so don't feel alone or neglected it's just that time of the year.

Message 125 of 125
latest reply