cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay sales Dropped Why so Slow?

Picking up on a thread that was recently closed down pertaining to Slow eBay Sales.  I have been selling on eBay for years and have noticed a dramatic decrease in sales.  I sell mainly winter gear and normally have several sales in Sept at least that is how it has been since 2009.  This year nothing...  I am in the process now of clearing out my remaining inventory here on eBay.  Hopefully they can turn it around as many small sellers are also buyers.  I buy on eBay when I sell on eBay.  When I don't sell on eBay on don't buy on eBay.  Am sure this is the same for many small to mid size sellers.  

What are the rest of you seeing on your end as small to mid size sellers?

Message 1 of 125
latest reply
124 REPLIES 124

Re: Ebay sales Dropped Why so Slow?

I am seeing the same thing - as with my husband who runs a store on eBay. We count on eBay to pay our bills...this is our living. We are both scratching our heads wondering why things are slow. 

Any ideas? We've been selling on eBay for 10 years - we're not pros, but we certainly aren't new to this. We all expect ups and downs, but this is bad. I called eBay "Marketing Department and they didn't help me at all. 

Message 16 of 125
latest reply

No, I don't think eBay is in serious trouble. Their stocks are doing very well. Because the sellers are slow, doesn't mean eBay is not doing well.
Message 17 of 125
latest reply

My sales has been very slow. It has almost stopped. I just don't understand what is going on.

Message 18 of 125
latest reply

@snowbirdmn74

If I may suggest, you need to change your titles and put the brand name first.

Also, you can not just relist. You would need to file an UID

UID - unpaid item dispute 

you can file in 48 hours, but need  another 96 hours before you can relist.

ADMIN: Stop the jumping!😩

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 19 of 125
latest reply

Why do you need to be so mean?  Their concern is like all of ours.  We saw a significant drop a few weeks before the election.  

Message 20 of 125
latest reply

Oh good grief!

There is a slow sales post every minute of every day of every week of every month and has been for 14 years.

Pick one:

1. It's the election (whatever year)

2. The sun is shining.

3. The sun isn't shining.

4. eBay hates me

5. The weather is too nice

6. The weather is too bad.

7. It is the fault of the Chinese

8. It is the fault of the post office (UPS, whatever)

9. It is the flu season

10. It isn't the flu season

11. It's my cousin Fred's fault

12. Everybody wants pink and I only have purple

Radine

Message 21 of 125
latest reply

I can't speak for you, but I shipped seven items Monday and another since. 

I'll usually sell one or two items for a couple weeks and then have a bunch all together.

But them I'm selling out, so maybe my prices are cheaper or something

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 22 of 125
latest reply

I was wondering why the popular thread where a bunch of posters have actually become friends stopped sending notices. Why would they shut it down? It was incredibly active and old, but what does age have to do with anytihng? 0.o Maybe it was due to people complaining about things? I sure hope not. Are any of the old people still here now? I had to get here by searching the old name and some kind person restarted the thread. Lostnfound101, minifreek, spectralmedia, susansteiner86, mrmuffinmanvw, marcfl29 and so many more, any of you still here? Theres a lot to talk about

Message 23 of 125
latest reply

@mdav_ba

Creating your own group

To start your own group:
  1. Click the "Log in" link at the top left of the main group page.

2. Click the Start Group button located at the top right.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/groups.html

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 24 of 125
latest reply

YES Alive not really kicking in sales anymore.

My attention has been elsewhere (mostly family). Sort of gave up on selling for 3 months.

Just relisted a few items on my other 3 accounts this last week end, But I have made the shift completely out of eBay Canada and I am now in the UK and USA.

I get far more hits and sales had picked up on all the items I had shifted over first about 3 months ago.

As it was hit and miss most weeks on the Canada site.

Dead for months then 5 sales in 2 days then dead again for 2 weeks then 3 sales the same day. Tried lidting in Canadian dollars but the postage raes out of here are crazy high so har to compete.

I'm still convinced there is some kind of roving blackout on sellers.

I have notice that eBay has extended the Chinese Sellers deilvery times now to over 2 months, So now if you do not get an items in the time they state you will recieve it. It is too late to complain and get your money back.

It has happened to me a few time in the past 2 months.

So what gives?

Can any of you put a 2 to 3 month expected delivery time on your shipping time. I certainly can't!!!!

Message 25 of 125
latest reply

(Sorry hit post by mistake before I edited it)

YES Alive not really kicking in sales anymore.

My attention has been elsewhere (mostly family). Sort of gave up on selling for 3 months.

Just relisted a few items on my other 3 accounts this last week end, But I have made the shift completely out of eBay Canada and I am now in the UK and USA.

I get far more hits and sales had picked up on all the items I had shifted over first about 3 months ago.

As it was hit and miss most weeks on the Canadian site.

Dead for months, then 5 sales in 2 days, then dead again for 2 weeks, then 3 sales the same day. Tried listing in Canadian dollars but the postage rates out of here are crazy high so hard to compete. You would think with our dollar at 33% off things would move. But sadly no.

I'm still convinced there is some kind of roving blackout on sellers.

I have notice that eBay has extended the Chinese Sellers deilvery times now to over 2 months, So now if you do not get an items in the time they state you will recieve it. It is too late to complain and get your money back.

It has happened to me a few time in the past 2 months.

So what gives?

Can any of you put a 2 to 3 month expected delivery time on your shipping time. I certainly can't!!!!

Message 26 of 125
latest reply

Heya Mini,

I wanted to share something that seemed to help me far more than I could have expected. What I did is cave in and took all my stores items and put them into "Promoted" listings. You can choose 1-20% fee, the more you give the more hits your item gets on pages. So I picked 1% just for giggles to see what would happen. (Expecting nothing honestly) but check these numbers. 24,606 impressions, 569 clicks and 29 Sold !!! This is over the last 27 days. My stuff is real inexpensive so it only came to $101.21 in extra sales but I will take it!. Dig this, another kicker, since I packed this afternoon and shipped I got 4 orders. ALL 4 from promoted listings. 1% extra fee is nothing, experiment like I did and see if you get any results, can't hurt.

Message 27 of 125
latest reply

Duplicate

Message 28 of 125
latest reply

Hi it's mrmuffinmanvw I was wondering what happened why they closed that thread. I know it got off track alot the time. There was also lots of unhappy ebayers on there venting there frustrations. It did become like a family at onr point lets see where this goes. Terry

Message 29 of 125
latest reply

Heya Terry!

Great to see you again, been a while now. I think Lost is going to be checking in, Mini already has and I sent messages to a few more of the freinds made on the old thread. Hope it revives some! I think if it is kept simple and informative as well as freindly we can have some fun here again. Things have been going well for me over the past month. It was going down little by little each month until I was at about 1/2 what I was getting every month, steadily for a few years. I am so happy it picked up and I actually am above my monthly goal for this last 31 days. Have not seen those numbers since last Feb! Keeping my fingers crossed it stays good. As I wrote earlier I joined the "Promoted" listings thing and it actually had a huge impact. Over $100 in sales (29 orders) in 27 days which cost me $1 (1%) in fees for those sales. I am so happy I tried it.

Marty

Message 30 of 125
latest reply