cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the EBay $25 Shipping Supply Coupon be really $25 or Discount?

On the surface the $25 sounds like it will take away the sting of the $12/a quarter store price increase. But will it be a "real" $25 coupon or one of those $25 off with $100 purchase of over priced supplies (like Staples and Office Max always offer)? I would think since this is advertising for EBay they would be similar quality that Amazon uses. Hopefully if really $25/free a quarter that has a selection of varied box sizes. I hope this "Ebay-branded shipping supply is more than tape and stickers. I did submit my store for the E-mail updates/notification.

Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Re: Will the EBay $25 Shipping Supply Coupon be really $25 or Discount?

@ramonv wrote:
Will the prices and quality be competitive with what else is out there?

Hi Ramonv - We have tried our best to make sure we are delivering on quality, price and convenience for our sellers. I think you'll be very pleased with what we bring to you 🙂

Thank you

Aparna

Message 16 of 69
latest reply

This is just another way eBay hopes to minimize our own branding. 

I use my own boxes with my own branding. We, as store subscribing sellers, should have our logo visible in search like the big box retailers. Hell, I'd even pay extra for that. 

Even if a seller wanted to use eBay branded boxes it is impossible to account the value of a coupon without knowing the cost of the branded supplies. They could be competitively priced quality boxes or they could easily be sub par and over priced.

It probably looks good to shareholders, especially concerning all the Amazon branded boxes showing up day after day across the world. But it isn't necessarily a benefit to sellers, especially sellers like me.

ES

Message 17 of 69
latest reply

No. Those are free and require USPS Priority Shipment.

eBay is selling boxes with eBay branding that can be shipped by any method.

http://recode.net/2016/04/05/ebay-selling-branded-delivery-boxes/

ES

Message 18 of 69
latest reply

Um, I did specify which boxes I was referring to. I figured that since  nobody from eBay was going to come back with any information about what the new boxes will look  like, the next-best thing was the current Priority boxes..

In past discussions about showing eBay on the package (e.g., those Priority boxes, or even the postage label), most sellers figure it has a protective function, saying to a potential thief:  "This is just old garage sale stuff, not nice shiny new electronics like in an  Amazon box."

I'm having trouble picturing 10 different boxes that will be useful for non-Priority Mail shipments.  I could use some good boxes for First Class, though. I do a lot of shopping online (I hate retail shopping!).  About half of my First Class packages go out in re-used Amazon boxes.

Message 19 of 69
latest reply

What are the new box sizes that Ebay will be offering?
Message 20 of 69
latest reply

Why force me to pay more and then offer me supplies that I don't really need. I would rather procure my own supplies and have lower fees. It's like done amusement parks charging $8 for a bottle of water when I gave already payed $75 entrance fee. Could we not just opt out of supplies and receive lower fees
Message 21 of 69
latest reply

@thriftyboy32 wrote:
What are the new box sizes that Ebay will be offering?

Found them! Seller IID is ebayshippingsupplies.

http://stores.ebay.com/ebayshippingsupplies/_i.html?_sop=2&rt=nc

Message 22 of 69
latest reply

@trbatman wrote:
Why force me to pay more and then offer me supplies that I don't really need....

Advertising.

Message 23 of 69
latest reply

Why would you pay for thes USPS boxes when you can get them for free from the post office WITHOUT the advertisng for Ebay ??

Message 24 of 69
latest reply

THAT'S AN EXCELLENT IDEA!!!!

Can this be done?

@trbatman wrote:
Why force me to pay more and then offer me supplies that I don't really need. I would rather procure my own supplies and have lower fees. It's like done amusement parks charging $8 for a bottle of water when I gave already payed $75 entrance fee. Could we not just opt out of supplies and receive lower fees

Message 25 of 69
latest reply

Also. Can this $25 coupon be transferable to another seller?

@windyman55 wrote:

THAT'S AN EXCELLENT IDEA!!!!

Can this be done?

@trbatman wrote:

?

Message 26 of 69
latest reply

@windyman55 wrote:

Why would you pay for thes USPS boxes when you can get them for free from the post office WITHOUT the advertisng for Ebay ??

For shipping First Class.

Message 27 of 69
latest reply

I can get them cheaper without the eBay brand

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 28 of 69
latest reply

Since I very rarely need boxes and bubble mailers I'll go ahead and use my coupon to purchase ebay branded supplies, but then resell them...undercutting ebay's prices just to recoup some of that money to pay for the increased store fees.  Wonder if that is (or will be) a violation of TOS.  

Message 29 of 69
latest reply

What a great idea.

Message 30 of 69
latest reply