cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't give feedback to sellers until they give it to you.......

Time and time again, I buy something on Ebay, I pay immediately with PayPal, and the seller does not give me any feedback until after I leave it for him first.

This is agains Ebay policy I am almost sure. A bit ago Ebay changed policy so sellers could not leave "retalitory" feedback, that is giving a buyer bad feedback who paid quickly, just because they gave well-deserved bad feedback for a good reason.

This ruined the feedback system for ebay, making it useless.

Now, apparently most sellers simply hold off on giving feedback as long as possible. Are they hoping the buyer gets tired of waiting? Are they hoping the buyer simply slips up and leaves it before they are supposed to?

Whatever the reason, there is no GOOD one for not leaving positive feedback for a buyer that pays lightning fast with PayPal. The buyers job is done at that point, and done very well.

Then it is up to the SELLER to pack the item well, ship it promptly, and have the item be as described in the auction.

If the seller screws up or sells something that is not as advertised, then they damn well deserve bad feedback so that the next buyer can be informed of the bad apple.

So in a nutshell, if you are a buyer on ebay, lets start holding that feedback back until the seller does what they are supposed to for a prompt-paying customer. And if they do not leave feedback, lets report them to Ebay so the feedback system is not compromised as it once was, and so buyers can be properly informed of a sellers performance when they are shopping.

Thanks
Message 1 of 425
latest reply
424 REPLIES 424

Re: Don't give feedback to sellers until they give it to you.......

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Legit buyers who have good intentions and are truly happy with their purchase would leave an appropriate feedback everytime. Buyers can only get positive feedbacks. They can never get negatives thus they have no reasone not to indicate via the feeddback system weather they are satisfied or not with a transaction. Those buyers that withold feedbacks do so with intent because they are up to no good. They most likely are poised to leave the seller a negative then carefully word their emails in a way that forces you to give a discount or a full refund without returning the item they claim they are not happy with.  I Leave propper feedbacks for everyone who lets me know via feedback they have  received the item they ordered via ebay, good or bad. I will not leave feedbacks randomly just because the buyer actualy paid they way they are required to by ebay policy.  I always work with my buyers to get it right every time. A few times I was tricked by crooked buyers who used veild refferences to feedbacks to force me to give refunds. Just take your time do not rush to leave feedbacks. Email your customer and keep positive lines of communication open always. Positive responses to buyers go a long way on ebay.

Message 106 of 425
latest reply

What about on the other hand when people like me pack the items, ship them out within 24 hours of close, smother the package with stamps ( if the buyer collects them instead of a printed out sticker you get from the post office ) so the buyer gets something extra for nothing....scans a picture of the package so they know what to expect in the mail and sends it to the buyer via the ebay message system so ebay has it on record and lastly we leave feedback. In return from the buyer, we get no feedback, no message saying it arrived safely so we have to keep all pictures on our computer and all emails and messages in ebay until 90 days expires and then it is off the ebay system.....By the bidder not leaving feedback, we sellers have no idea if it arrived safely or not as we are not telepathic in any way....If sellers live up to their end of the bargain and do everything and even more like i do, then why cant bidders simply acknowledge the fact it arrived ....On top of that, how do we know that a bidder will not just leave a negative for the fun of it and try to hurt another sellers reputation....I have experienced that in the past simply for a stamp not been stuck down in a straight line on the package .. it would have been a tiny bit tipping over to the left...If one can picture the time, 11.58pm, that was how crooked it was....Needless to say if i see her bids on one of my lots, i wait until just before 12 hours prior to the finnish of the auction and cancel her bid....I then block her until the auction is closed and then lift the block...We sellers have to protect ourselves as the bidders simply dont care about any of the sellers in ebay and want to find any reason to leave a negative....Lastly i was accused by someone years ago clogging up their email with a 65kb picture of their package...needless to say they left a negative....If this is not proof to show what bidders are like and they dont appreciate the lengths we sellers go to to make the transaction a safe one, then they should not be allowed in ebay and ebay should block their ( the bidders ) ISP adress ... Have a nice day amd i hope this has been some help to fellow sellers in ebay.....OIO

Message 107 of 425
latest reply

I received feedback from a person in alabama and i know they have not recieved the item yet as it was posted about 16 hour ago....I guess there are some people that abuse the feedback system and others that simply dont have any idea on how to use it.......

Message 108 of 425
latest reply

Up until a few weeks ago, i gave feedback immediately the package was completes and the seller was notified ( WITH PICS OF THE PACKAGE ON WHAT THEY ARE TO RECEIVE IN THE MAIL ) that it had been shipped....So many times i have left feedback for bidders and nothing has been returned....In my point of view, if a bidder has not left feedback, then how does the seller know it had arrived safely...Bidders want the cheapest way possible for goods to be sent but dont leave feedback....if we state priority mail and a signature is needed, then people will not bid.....So now i am speaking for all sellers on ebay that no more feedback is to be left for bidders until it is left for the sellers first....There is only one way we will know if the bidder has received the item and that is that they have to buy a plane ticket ( if they live out of state or international ) and pick the item up personally from the sellers place of business. Naturally if the bidder lives in the same state as the seller, they can always drive to the destination.....however i do feel someone in columbeu ohio is not going to drive to pick it up from me in clevelan ohio...The petrol or gas will outweigh the possible certified mail cost....However it is what the bidders want to do and we will just have to reciprocate with the feedback and the actions they make on sellers...I am still waiting for nearly 100 feedback from assorted buyers and the earliest date is 27th November 2013. Now if ebay thinks that is fair, i think they should have a good close look at the feedback system as it has a lot of faults.......have a nice day as now i have aired my thoughts, i am going to have a great day....OIO

Message 109 of 425
latest reply

i noticed you dont leave feedback anymore to start with....What about the winning bidders that leave it for you??? Do you return feedback for them only???? OIO

Message 110 of 425
latest reply

Rick, simply supply a picture of the package both back and front and then the site will know it was shipped....I have been doing that for nearly 9 years and have all pictures of all packages ( both sides - back and front ) listed on a portable hard drive to keep for 7 years as an ebay sale is a legal binding contract.....I have folders named months of certain years and once the month is over, I delete the last one...Example, it is jan 2014 now.....I would delete all of January 2007 once this month is over and so forth....Hope I have helped you....OIO
Message 111 of 425
latest reply

We should not have to leave emails for the buyer to leave feedback...What i do is scan both sides of the package so ebay has it on their record and if the bidder says they never got it, then that is not fault of ours....if it needs a customs form, then a scan of the customs form ( stating the customs form number in the message ) plus numbers are placed in a message direct from ebay messages so ebay has it on record...I am at the stage that i dont care if the buyer has it on record as i am just protecting myself to make sure my money stays where it is and i do not get blocked....Many times bidders want the sellers to send to a third party ( or another adress other than stated in their ebay account ). This is because it is a present and they are to mean and lousy to pay for added shipping from their end to go to the final destination ( being the third party ) ....EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE!!!!! Ebay will not cover your items if it sent to a different adress than stated in the bidders ebay account and you will definately have no leg to stand on.....DO NOT DO WHAT THE BIDDERS REQUEST AS THAT IS AGAINST EBAY LAWS...There will be no prrof it was received by the bidder themselves....If something goes wrong, you will get a negative and it is not worth it. You must only send to the adress in the ebay details...unless the adress is the same in paypal, please ignore that different paypal adress.....I am telling you all that if you do not abide by these rules, you will be sorry as some bidders will hold this against you and not only will you lose your product, you will have to refund them as well and have a strike against your name. This is simply as that 3rd parts adress was not listed in ebay details and you sent the product elsewhere...I know i am repeating myself but i have to get the point across somehow..On top of that, some bidders move adress and dont update their new details in their information....Sellers are not telepathic nor can read minds and if the items go to the old adress in the ebay id, that is no fault of ours.....These type of people are quick to give bad comments but when something has to be done like changing an old adress to a new adress, they are simply too darn lazy...NO MORE AND NO LESS......Have as much back up and records of each transaction as you can and make sure it is sent to the winning bidder via the ebay messages so ebay has it on their records including pictures of the package with the adress stated in the details on that date. if the bidder changes the adress after it has been sent, ebay will see this as all information and relative dates are recorded..If anyone or seller wants to ignore all what i have said, then when all this happens to you from the bidders i will simply have 4 words for you and they are .... " I TOLD YOU SO!!! " ...have a nice day everyone, OIO

Message 112 of 425
latest reply

I don't worry so much about delivery because I send everything with tracking.  I only sell very few items that go first class.  I watch the tracking like a hawk and often contact my buyer if I see a problem.  I just had one package get destroyed in transit and I saw it sit for two days and immediately sent a replacement to my buyer.  The package came back here and all is well.  But as far as feedback goes, I have been burned by vicious people.  Not only on ebay but on amazon as well.  I do not leave feedback until I find out what the person on the other end might say.  Often I never leave feedback.  Buyers, in my experience, can be dangerous and you must protect yourself at all costs.  I don't care what anyone else has to say about it, I go with my own experience.

Message 113 of 425
latest reply

Please dont judge and say every other seller as i do not think you have bought from every seller in every country on EVERY contirenant that the world has ..... if you are going to make a statement, then gauge it to your sellers you have bought off as you would have no idea what sellers i have bought off or everyone else on the planet...DO YOU...Therefore you dont know everything...have a nice day...OIO

Message 114 of 425
latest reply

You have it in 1... The bidders just do not care as i have over 40 items i have left feedback for ( and sent weeks ago ) and i have still not received feedback from the buyers showing me the items arrived safely...Sellers are not mind readers or telepathic.....However as so many people say feedback is voluntary, i tend to disagree as it is only a polite way of indicating to the necessary parties ( whether it be the bidder or seller ) that the item has been sent or received........As the feedback system is being so misused by bidders, the true meaning behind it has fallen to the wayside.....have a look on another angle... it the buyer wanted to place a negative, you would see smoke after he or she would type the relevant keys on the keyboard that it was done so fast...just face it that bidders show no care and simply want to find a way of leaving a bad comment to which ebay condones. That is why i send all messages via the ebay message system and scanned pictures of their packages so ebay has it on record...The pictures are definately not for the bidder as they dont care about the sellers ( by not leaving feedback ) ...The pictures are simply to show ebay that if they never got the item, then they moved adress and did not update the new one which is an ebay violation and i have to report them like buyers would do to sellers for breathing the wrong way...Most bidders are lousy and cheap and  frown at a type of shipping that requires a signature or priority mail that can be tracked as it may cost a nickel extra...So now i send by first lass mail as the bidders are stingy so to speak.....They would prefer to have a cheaper shipping price and have it lost or broken in the system than pay a bit extra that can be tracked...personally , i prefer to pay a bit extra and have the availability of tracking the package but i guess i am the 1 in a trillion...YES you got it....1 in a  1,000,000,000,000....You bidders will continue your merry way but remember when something goes wrong, it will not be the sellers to blame, it will be you buyers that do not update your new change of adress in ebay details....have a nice day....OIO

Message 115 of 425
latest reply

So you are saying if you are a buyer , then you withold placing feedback....Does the same go for the sellers when they go to all the trouble of scanning the package and sending the picture to the buyer so they know what is expected in the mail??? We do that out of our good heart and i am not getting paid for it nor is it in ebays rules.....I know i get no thanks for things like this but i have learnt to expect it after experiencing the australian ebay system and bidders.....USA people have a few more manners than that but still i will not stop wearing out my scanner, using excess electricity because of others that do wrong....As well, as all of that, i purposely smother my packages full of stamps so the bidder gets something extra , other than an adhesive printed sticker the post office prints out and useless to any collector...BUT STILL....NO FEEDBACK RECEIVED....i have somewhat given up on the feedback and as long as i send the picture of the package and notifying the bidder with the unique paypal confirmation number ( as ebay can look that up because they own paypal )  that the payment had been received is on ebays files and records...It stays there for 90 days and then gets taken off.....However if the bidder leaves feedback, then i delete their emails, relative messages from them in my ebay message folder the picture on my extended hard drive and the actual auction as all has been completed. It is about time the sellers grew a pair and show some respect. Maybe sellers should do what the buyers do to them. ...The actual saying is called " Hoist on your own pettard " look that up if you want to and you will see its meaning but something tells me you will not be bothered as you may miss a bit of jerry springer , jeremy kyle, maury pauvich or steve wilkos...lol....I must say i really enjoyed composing this for others to read . I have to sign off as it is  jerry springer time soon ( 31 minutes to be exact ) . Other than all of that, have a most wonderful and lovely day ....OIO

Message 116 of 425
latest reply

Hi, To hoist you on your own pettard, the word is spelt SPELT and not SPELED like you placed in that message below.....As you are in ebay, may i suggest you try to look for a dictionary and preferably one in english as i think you may get a lot of good use out of it??? Have a lovely day...OIO

Message 117 of 425
latest reply

Personally i feel if a bidder pays the money, then they deserve the recognition of having feedback left for them...But nowadays they dont do it for the sellers and that leads me to believe the goods never arrived....Now i do have some feedback that are still owing from 2 over months ago and i really feel that something would have been done by now if the goods were not received...but i have had it up to my eyeballs about bidders refusing to let sellers knowing if their packages arrived...... I have now approx  f60 backs to receive and i somehow think i will never get them..I guess in a way like another person said in here, NO FEEDBACK IS BETTER THAN NEGATIVE...correct??? I also go to the lengths of scanning the package on all relevant sides and sending the winning bidders those pics through the ebay message system...This is not because i am a nice guy, it is simply to show ebay the goods were sent and if the bidder decides to say it was not received, then there could be a couple of reasons...1 THEY ARE OUTRIGHT DISHONEST AND WANT THE GOODS FOR FREE AND MONEY BACK....2...THEY  MOVED RESIDENCE AND DID NOT UPDATE THEIR NEW DETAILS TO THE EBAY ACCOUNT SO SELLERS STILL SENT TO THE OLD ADRESS AND THE NEW PEOPLE LIVING THERE JUST EITHER KEPT THE GOODS OR THREW THEM OUT 3. IF THEY HAVE PEOPLE LIVING WITH THEM AND THEY HAD AN ARGUEMENT, THEN THOSE OTHERS SIMPLY THREW THE GOODS AWAY....I experienced that last one when i was living in australia when i shared a house with 2 other guys so be careful please ..... Sorry for the caps but i wanted the 2 reasons not to get lost in the writing and make it all stand out.... There is no need to block anyone as they did nothing bad...However from now on, scan a pic of the package that has details or writing on it and send via ebay messages with the note saying their goods are on the way.....If it is for overseas, scan the customs form as well as the number of that form will be there for ebay officials to see......It is the only way to protect ourselves as ebay will have it all on record.....take care...OIO

Message 118 of 425
latest reply

First of all, for some of us this is not a full-time job. It is a hobby or a way to supplement our income. We are not sitting at our computers waiting for that person who bought our item to leave feedback. Most of us could care less if you leave feedback unless it's negative and in that case, we are REALLY interested in feedback. We all just want to get the highest price for our items (as sellers) or the lowest price we can find (as buyers). I have had buyers 'nag' me into giving them feedback, ok, I gave you feedback, now go away. 

However, I must point out that feedback is VOLUNTARY!!!!! It is not a necessity!!!! It took me forever to get to 500. I think it might be the whole a want it now attitude of these younger people. They want the 500 feedback, but they don't want to earn it. Sorry kiddos, you have to wait just like the rest of us. It's not a game you can cheat and buy 'points'. You got to earn it!

Have a GREAT day and happy Ebaying!!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 119 of 425
latest reply

I personally think you are wrong. However thaty is only my thoughts. Just like you are sick and tired of sellers not leaving feedback showing the item or items have arrived safely as sellers cannot read minds, sellers are also sick and tired of bidders not leaving feedback so the seller can see it arrived safely to its destination....I have come up with a plan and have been using it just a little under 2 years and so far, it has done well. However it is a little bit of work and i know most people are so lazy they dont want to go to any extra effort for themselves , let anyone else....Instead of leaving the feedback for bidders and not receiving any in return, i now send a message to the bidder via the ebay message system so it is on ebays records and files....Not only that but i scan a picture of the package and attach it to the message so ebay has it for proof it was sent....After the item or package is sent, we sellers no longer have any control as it is in the post office system.....The bidders in general are stingy and mean and want the cheapest form of shipping or postage used and when the item is not registered , certified, priotity mail etc etc etc so it can be tracked, sellers cannot take any blame for it if the package goes astray.....The fact i do send pictures of the package and if necessary a customs form so ebay has the customs number on fiile, covers my backside so to speak. if someone really causes me trouble, i also send it directly to their email and send a message via ebay that it was done.....I mark that the package as sent and the  the payment was received....As ebay owns paypal, i also mention the unique paypal transaction number so ebay can trace it....it is a shame sellers have had to go to this length but the few rotton apples on the tree have made it hard for everyone.....As bidders want to report sellers so quickly, as soon as 48 hours closes after the auction has ended, the bidder is reported for non payment so ebay has it on file.....I know we sellers are expelled from leaving a negative or neutral feedback and are forced to leave a positive but there are other areas in ebay which can place a blemidsh on a bidders account if it is needed to do so...There are also people in ebay that have multiple usernames and they leave bad feedback just for the fun of it....It is against ebay policy to place such names in here and if you want to find out who they are, then start selling and you will possibly see who places the fraudulent bids. As ebay has made it a biddres paradise and all bidders can do and say as they please, i do believe that the sellers are only fit to wear solid orange jumpsuits or black and white vertical striped outfits with a huge chain and ball around their ankles as all sellers are guilty before innocent in the bidders and ebays view.....It is a shame ebay does not realise that without the sellers , they would get no fees, and without the payment of fees coming into the company, then there would be no money to pay the ebay staff their wages. And if the staff does not get paid, then they look for another job until finally the company has a skeleton crew running it and slowly dwindles into oblivion.... If ebay wants to make this happen in the future, then let them stay as they are......however if they want to become as big as they were about 8 years ago, then they should think very carefully on how they should treat the sellers instead of just sitting around a boardroom table and possibly telling jokes and playing cards all day....I know it is not up to me personally to do anything but if the world community unites together and they stick up for each other, then ebay may take off their blinkers and will be able not to have tunnell vision. I have possibly wasted my time here but at least it got rid of a lot of stress built up in me.....Lastly theree are some bidders that pay very very quickly and they do not come into the equation....It is the people that let 48 hours go by and do not pay.... I experienced one person that loved to leave negative for any old reason that she complained the stamps were that were on the top right corner on the front of the envelope were not stuck in a straight line....It was obvious she was looking for an excuse to leave any negative possible and she found it. Deep down she is more than likely threw the envelope out in the garbage but wanted to get her thrills by placoing a negative...Anyway, she is blocked from bidding on any of my items..... It is people like this that ebay side with and i simply cannot understand why they do so....They do not keep ebay in business ...THE SELLERS DO!!!!!! Like i said before, if the sellers would go to another site and not put up any auctions in ebay, then ebay would lose out on fees and the company would slowly dwindle into oblivion....have a nice day you all...OIO

Message 120 of 425
latest reply