eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: WoW...What a RIP-OFF eBay has become. No fun or money to be had here.

in reply to buck389

YOU GOT THAT CORRECT!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to buck389

You are correct! eBay is a GREEDY business that cheats the sellers with their enormous fees! $33.00 to sell a $250.00 item

that hasn't even been paid for yet! Wish I could find a better

auction site than this greedy, tricky eBay!

They make their method of accounting so darn complicated

that it takes a math genious to figure it out.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to buck389

I agree TOTALLY!  If I didn't have so much stuff I still have to sell, I'd never use eBay again.  Buyer protection is a JOKE as well.  I have had to open 2 cases because the seller lied.  The first time about the measurements & eBay sided with them anyway.  The second time the seller said they'd shipped priority.  A week later & 2 messages later they said they would ship next day.  AGAIN they didn't ship so I sent another message.  Finally got eBay involved.  Said I wanted my money back, don't ship, I was tired of all of it.  Seller shipped.  I asked seller if they wanted me to return it or keep it for small refund.  They agreed to refund.  Then they decided to let eBay make the final decision.  THEY LET THE SELLER GET AWAY WITH IT!  Yet, not once have I done anything about the MANY of buyers who never paid.  I'm selling cheap and getting out of eBay.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to buck389

i agree , more fake products, prices sometimes double what they are at retail store. Everything is "vintage" " shabby chic" to up the price. Tried to charge me $30,000 for shipping from UK for an item that was $12.50 .I was outbid when i was first and only bidder.

I notice i am coming to ebay less and less and hardly bidding on much anymore, have been ripped off on perfume several times.

suntzzu

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to buck389

Yes Ebay should make a profit... but why should they (paypal) be able to get paid on shipping costs. Shipping costs should be deducted and we should only be charged on the actual cost of the item.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to buck389

Its too high this is how I do it on my website

Do to high fees on ebay we no longer use ebay for our parts outlet
 we are also phasing out paypal to save on transaction fees
by not using ebay and paypal we are able to maintain our low pricing

we accept personal checks as well as Bank, International & Postal Money Orders, Personal Checks are held to clear

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to buck389

Taking a cut of the postage is flat-out criminal.  They tried doing it in England, but there are more clear-cut laws against that kind of thievery.  There's no rational justification for it.   They say it's to keep people from charging exorbitant shipping fees, and they tell you to do lame-ass things like doubling your minimum bid and offering free shipping.  It's just scummy.  Ebay forgot what made them great, and now they're crap of the worst sort.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to buck389

How do you figure 400% profit the stuff has to come from some where and what they sell is not free they need to buy what they sell.

I manufacture some of what I sell,

I sell it for $35.00 it cost me $15.00 to make plus my time, ebay and paypal take what 5.00 6.00 bucks  that puts 15.00 in my pocket now what about the cost of the machines and to run them, then there is a slush fund to replace the equipment as it get old and worn.

ebay fees are just too high way too high

Feedback is a joke

Remember the back bone of ebay is the feedback and since the feedback is a joke that makes ebay a joke one of the fastest grow jokes in the industry

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to buck389

Yes E-Bay has became a large scale ripoff.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to buck389

I can't imagine they have to pay a lot in staff since they seem to outsource everything. I called a couple of times and it was pretty easy to figure out that the person on the other end was not living in this country.

I agree ebay needs to make money but I don't like the whole charging for shipping fees. I use flat rate boxes. I don't make money off of flat rate boxes. It's a flat fee. I don't get it.

Please use plain text.
oz_in_ohio
Community Member

in reply to buck389

1. Yes the feedback is definately a joke....ONLY GOES ONE WAY AND THAT IS TOWARDS THE BUYER

2. You stated you spent 23.00 plus paypal fees...call it 25.00 all up...ARENT YOU HAPPY WITH OVER 400% profit???? Ebay is a business....arent they ( ebay ) allowed to earn anything as they have heaps of staff to pay wages to???. The average shop or business in a shopping centre only works on close to 200%

3. If packages are getting lost, then scan each package so you have them on file and send a pic of the package to the winner so they know what to expect in the mail. But really you should have them tracked if you are unhappy with the USPS system....You could send the winners of the auction a message via the ebay message system stating you have sent the package by normal mail at buyers risk as that is what they wanted to have. In the feedback make sure the paypal payment reference number if the bidders want to play with no shades of grey.....There is always things to do if you want to cover your backside .....But i guess you dont want to do the extra work....Have a wonderful and lovely day and dont stress out too much....

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to buck389

I would definitely expect ebay to make money off us.  I think that is fair.  What is not fair is they are a monopoly and they can do whatever they want.  When we start to get into stuff like getting charged to pay or be paid for something then we become very different then the way the country does business.  I'v been trying to use craigslist.  I live in Vermont and cannot compete with the sellers from the city.  The fees ebay charges combined with paypal have made the decision for me, I cannot start a business here...

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to buck389

Print your labels through eBay or PayPal .. tracking is only .19 cents and you shouldn't be going in the hole if you are charging for shipping .. After all that is what you charge shipping for.

**FEEDBACK IS ONLY PRIVATE BECAUSE THIS A FORUM POSTING ID ONLY! ** =0)
Please use plain text.
buck389
Community Member

WoW...What a RIP-OFF eBay has become. No fun or money to be had here.

I made $132. in sales this November and I owe $23.

AND that's not even figuring in Pay Pal fees.

USPS is a sinking ship and packages are getting lost at an alarming rate.  I can't afford to track every package so refunds are a constant worry.

The feedback system is a MASSIVE joke.

I still can't believe eBay has the nerve to make money on shipping fees.

I could not be more disappointed and frustrated.

Please use plain text.