cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
33 REPLIES 33

USPS denying delays in the mail...

Correction:

The guy appointed to run the USPS into the ground for political reasons denies delays in the mail.

The administration responding with "What you see with your own eyes isn't really happening" is called gaslighting. Interestingly, gaslighting is considered psychological abuse. Is anyone actually surprised at this point? I kind of doubt it. I don't know how someone could go 3.5 years and then suddenly wake up to the reality of this - whatever "this" is.

Posting ID
Message 2 of 34
latest reply

USPS's major problem is being required to fund years of future pensions no one else has to.  Without that they'd be profitable. 

I am seeing some delays, I have one PM to the west coast going on six days now and one that went via Chicago took five.   Others have been mostly normal.  

The biggest issue I have with USPS is often what they show you on the website and what you can buy at the counter are two different things.  I got in an argument with a clerk because Priority Mail International allows three boxes at the Small Flat Rate price but he wouldn't let me ship that way in a large video box because it didn't say Small Flat Rate on it.  Had to print the label myself; go back and drop it and of course it shipped fine.  And I had one first class for Canada, the girl couldn't find first class parcel on her computer, I had to do the same thing and print a label myself.   Whether that's because she's relatively new or it's not actually in their computer I don't know. 

I normally don't ship in enough volume to print labels all the time; what it would cost in ink and labels and at this point probably a new printer vs. going to FedEx Office and printing up from a PDF at 15 cents a page doesn't make sense.   

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

The delays in the mail service is being caused  by  the covid virus pandemic  with fewer employees working . To even suggest that the president of the United states is actually trying  to drive us all mad using the U.S.P.S. as his weapon of choice  is super far fetched  as well as it  makes no sense . Tulips 

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

The delays in the mail service is being caused  by  the covid virus pandemic  with fewer employees working . To even suggest that the president of the United states is actually trying  to drive us all mad using the U.S.P.S. as his weapon of choice  is super far fetched  as well as it  makes no sense . Tulips 

No amount of gaslighting is going to change reality. It doesn't work that way - just like less Covid testing will never mean fewer Covid cases.

Posting ID
Message 5 of 34
latest reply

The long term goal of many interests is to force USPS to privatize by wrecking its ability to do its job.  The forced funding of long term pensions is just one effort to destabilize USPS.  There are others and the planned coming electoral debacle, yes planned, may only hasten this demise of a government institution which, when left alone from politics, does its job quite admirably.

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

No amount of gaslighting is going to change reality---   aldente 

You just can't be serious  with this gaslighting  and  drive everyone mad assertion . Postal delays  began to  seriously increase as the covid virus  began taking it's toll  on nearly  every business. . To try and blame the delays on the president because he wants to drive everyone insane  is absurd . There's a certain  point where someone can  take partisan biased based accusations only  so far  until it becomes ridiculous . Tulips 

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

No delays in the USPS and COVID-19 is under control ... should go away on it's own  shortly.

(This came from a high-ranking government official.)

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 8 of 34
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

You just can't be serious  with this gaslighting  and  drive everyone mad assertion .

I never asserted anything about "driving everyone mad". That is entirely in your mind and I have no idea what it means.

OTOH, the gaslighting is quite obvious. There is no attempt to be subtle about it. Again - denying it can't change it. That's not how reality works. Going on about it is akin to banging your head against the wall. It doesn't affect me...it only hurts you.

Posting ID
Message 9 of 34
latest reply

I have a First Class Package mailed on July 21 from Indiana going to Tennessee that is still "In Transit Arriving Late". I opened a search request with no luck thus far. Another package, that went Priority 2 Day from Indiana to Utah is still in transit having finally showed up in San Jose the other day and now is again in transit. So no, they aren't having any problems. Maybe eBay and the USPS should merge and both entities will finally crash and burn since they both have the same pathetic management. 

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

If you want to get political about this, go over to the Soap Box.   That is where you can air your gripes about politics, not here.    This is not the place to slam the President of the United States with your opinions.   I had a 40 day (that's correct 40 day) delay on one of my items going from Wilmington, NC to Ypsilanti MI.   It was stuck in Fayetteville, NC sort facility.   I called the PO responsible for delivery to the address of my customer, and I kept getting the same answer....everything is backed up in the sort facility as there are not enough people to process the packages due to covid 19.   The Postmaster at that post office URGED me not to file a lost package.  I told her I would give it 30-days and after that, I am filing a lost package.   I filed the lost package report on the 31st day and  USPS refunded me.    

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

"To even suggest that the president of the United states is actually trying  to drive us all mad using the U.S.P.S. as his weapon of choice  is super far fetched  as well as it  makes no sense."

Actually, what does NOT make sense is appointing an individual to run the U. S. Post Office, who has a vested interest in seeing that the Post Office should fail, based upon the vast amount of stock which that individual (and his wife) hold in UPS -- a direct competitor of the Post Office.  Based only upon his stock holdings, this individual should NEVER have been set loose inside USPS.   Definitely "the fox inside the chicken coop." 

And, if you wish to read the EXACT instructions on what the new Postmaster General has ordered for USPS employees, read his July 10, 2020 internal memo -- it is perfectly clear that NO overtime will be allowed for deliveries, and that ALL undelivered mail shall be returned to the local postal unit at the end of each delivery day, for delivery (perhaps) the next day.  Or not.

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

@1786davycrockett wrote:

And, if you wish to read the EXACT instructions on what the new Postmaster General has ordered for USPS employees, read his July 10, 2020 internal memo -- it is perfectly clear that NO overtime will be allowed for deliveries, and that ALL undelivered mail shall be returned to the local postal unit at the end of each delivery day, for delivery (perhaps) the next day.  Or not.

But reading that would ruin the narrative . . .

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

They could easily fund the pensions if we would charge China international rates like we pay to ship there.This would mean instead of losing money on every item shipped to the U.S. and maybe make some profit. Oh wait Chinas a third world country lol

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

You are wrong! Delay is not because of the pandemic, delay is because donald trump is sabotaging the postal office and fired all the previous manager and pointed a new postmaster general to caused caos inside and cutting payment to usps workers thats why all mail and packages are been delay, we need to remove the current president out of his office. 

Message 15 of 34
latest reply