cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To my unsung hereos on this new years eve

Although I disagree with Castle more than I agree with him. I do wish everybody a happy new year and may it be better than the year before.

My  hereos.

My dad. God please rest his soul he deserves it. Korean war. Gave his life as LA County sheriff.  raised 7 kids worked 3 jobs to do it so my mom could stay home to raise us kids instead of a stranger at a daycare.

My mom. Raised 7 kids. I have one. Don't know how she did it. Love you mom.

My brothers and sisters who have always been there when I needed help. Even when I did not ask for it.

My dog. Buzz the beagal. When things are bad. I don't know how he knows but he will come and lay by me or get me to take him for a walk or ever a screetch behind the ear.

And well my teenage daughter. I never new a kid could hough and puff so much. "Leave me at the corner and I will walk the rest of the way."

"Nope." Drive her right up in the driveway. roll my window down after she gets out and scream. "I Love You."
She is my hereo because she definetley keeps me alive.

Every single Milatary Man and Woman. Because of them I am able to post here.

I see a vet in the bar. If I have the cash. I buy them a beer.

The fireman. We bring them dinner during the holidays at their station to say thanks.

They saved my life when I was on fire.

Most of all to Jesus. Because without him we would not have a way to God.

Sorry I just don't see eBay as unsung hereos for how they have been treating there sellers lately.

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Most of all to Jesus. Because without him we would not have a way to God.

I couldn't agree more.

Sorry I just don't see eBay as unsung hereos for how they have been treating there sellers lately.

I was recognizing and appreciating the Community Team.  People.  While they represent Ebay, they are not Ebay and they may have nothing to do with policy.

Message 2 of 37
latest reply

Kudos to you paul - it's often those who do the most for us and are in the background that are overlooked - be it family, the military or others who risk their lives to keep us safe - these are the real unsung heroes.

Wishing them all a Happy New Year!

Not taking anything away from the blues as I appreciate their support here and it's a much better place than it's been in the past - but Ebay finally got something right in making sure posters here have support. These guys get the holidays off - real unsung heroes don't - their doing their jobs to keep us safe.

Message 3 of 37
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

Kudos to you paul - it's often those who do the most for us and are in the background that are overlooked - be it family, the military or others who risk their lives to keep us safe - these are the real unsung heroes.

Not taking anything away from the blues as I appreciate their support here and it's a much better place than it's been in the past - but Ebay finally got something right in making sure posters here have support. These guys get the holidays off - real unsung heroes don't - their doing their jobs to keep us safe.

Not taking anything away from those in the Military, or family, but IMO, the blues here do (at least in MY opinion) their best to keep us in the *know (thereby keeping us safe, so-to-speak) by doing their jobs, too.    Toward that end, there's no reason why a member can't make a post or a thread thanking them for all the hard work and effort they put into helping us, without having negative comments made about their post.  

Message 4 of 37
latest reply

And, to the heros that are never thanked - the ones who are never around, have just disappeared, after it is over.  The ones that help with a grocery bag or help someone up after a fall or pull someone from a car wreck.  When it is over, you turn to thank them and they are nowhere to be found.  All the big and little things that help or prevent or show caring, that save lives or just pull a heart-string, and the people who do them that you may never know or see again.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 5 of 37
latest reply

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

@tunicaslot wrote:

Not taking anything away from those in the Military, or family, but IMO, the blues here do (at least in MY opinion) their best to keep us in the *know (thereby keeping us safe, so-to-speak) by doing their jobs, too.    Toward that end, there's no reason why a member can't make a post or a thread thanking them for all the hard work and effort they put into helping us, without having negative comments made about their post.  

Is that just not what you did? Maybe I`m confused or missing something here. It happens.

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

@tunicaslot wrote:

I believe I addressed that already - but thanks for your input.

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

@ineedahero99 wrote:

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

@tunicaslot wrote:

Is that just not what you did? Maybe I`m confused or missing something here. It happens.

Yes, you're confused and missed the meaning behind my post but it's ok.  It happens.  

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

@tunicaslot wrote:

I believe I addressed that already - but thanks for your input.

If you already addressed that, isn't that something like making a "duplicate" post?  

Message 9 of 37
latest reply

Not sure how this has escalated but castles post was only about the community boards.

We all know, including castle, that there are many unsung heroes who have nothing to do with the community boards.

Message 10 of 37
latest reply

@*madison wrote:

Not sure how this has escalated but castles post was only about the community boards.

We all know, including castle, that there are many unsung heroes who have nothing to do with the community boards.

@*madison, It actually started innocently in post # 3 of 47 in castle's tribute to the unsung heroes thread she started.    "Don't want to leave out the Board legends. You know who you are. I'd like to name you all off the top of my head, but I am afraid I would miss someone and I don't want to do that."

I didn't have a problem with what castle said.   She was, IMO, covering ALL  unsung heroes.   Very kind of her to do that.  

Message 11 of 37
latest reply

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

@*madison wrote:

@*madison, It actually started innocently in post # 3 of 47 in castle's tribute to the unsung heroes thread she started.    "Don't want to leave out the Board legends. You know who you are. I'd like to name you all off the top of my head, but I am afraid I would miss someone and I don't want to do that."

I didn't have a problem with what castle said.   She was, IMO, covering ALL  unsung heroes.   Very kind of her to do that.  

Oh, so something that was posted in another thread has now been carried over to this thread? Yeah, it`s a no wonder I`m confused.

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

@*madison wrote:

What does one person acknowledging board legends have to do with somebody else acknowledging the people they see as heroes (non-eBay folk according to the OP). What the heck is a board legend- is it one of those silly titles they give us like Guide or Rockstar?

Can somebody please clue me in with a reply or a message? I'm trying to follow, but I got lost along the way.

Message 13 of 37
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

@*madison wrote:

What does one person acknowledging board legends have to do with somebody else acknowledging the people they see as heroes (non-eBay folk according to the OP). What the heck is a board legend- is it one of those silly titles they give us like Guide or Rockstar?

Can somebody please clue me in with a reply or a message? I'm trying to follow, but I got lost along the way.

To me, a Board Legend is a person who has lots of experience posting to/on a message board and has been here a long time and has helped tons of people through very frustrating circumstances.    A Board Legend, to me, represents a person who has spent lots of time and effort helping others.   If you want to call a Board Legend by another name (Guide or Rockstar) that's fine with me.  <shrug>  

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

paul - I've already thanked you for your comments. 

A hero - or legend - is left up to each person's own interpretation. There are many I admire here and have given of themselves for a long time but I don't consider them heroes nor legends - they are just people I admire and am greatful to - but that's solely my opinion. 

There's an under current that is noticed by many - but many don't know both sides of the situation. The feeling that sellers look bad due to many posts here affects all of us. Anyone reading these boards would question whether buying here or selling here is a good idea. They definitely wouldn't want to buy from these bad sellers nor would they want their reputation tarnished by being affiliated with a site where these bad sellers have their businesses.

Most buyers and sellers on Ebay are great. There are a few rotten apples - but you can find them anywhere. Sellers especially shouldn't be made to be the villian on their own board. The sellers that post on this board cut no favors to sellers who come here and are in the wrong - we tell it like it is as we don't want those type of sellers on the venue as they make us all look bad.

Message 15 of 37
latest reply