cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSR

oops, i hit TRS again, lol, i wonder how long that will last with all the new policies and shopper's trending returns?  anyone want to start a 'pool'?

truly tho, there are some very funny return reasons out there ... like the one "...the dog bit the package to hard getting it from the mailbox and it never made it to me in good condition."  blame the dog or the postman or seller?  seems the buyer was restricted to wheel chair and had the dog trained to go to the road and bring back mail / newspapers etc.  ebay approved it because seller free returns and it was not remorse from what i understand.  

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

TSR

Actually that one is sad. I would have refunded. Anyway , good luck with TRS. Make sure you get plenty of rest and eat healthy so that you can jump through all of those hoops.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

TSR

@ms.rodriguez* 

hoops?  i want firey rings like in the circus, heh, appropriate?  😄

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

TSR

What new policy change do you think is going to affect your TRS?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

TSR

@mam98031 wrote:

What new policy change do you think is going to affect your TRS?

hi mam, that's an easy question.  it's ebays c/s interpretation of policies that now seem to encourage returns and such by approving a buyers every reason or request for return without regard to facts in a case.  c/s has a very bad habit of telling you something like ".... there is nothing we can do with the request right now.  you will have to wait until the case is closed and then appeal it".  and appeals 98% of time for most sellers doesn't work regardless of facts or proof.  appeals will just tell you "we can't see the item that was returned to you and what condition it is in ... nor did we see it before you sent it out to the buyer so we can't back you up."  😕

getting tsr just puts me back into the playing field with all the other sellers, lol

funny thing is, got tsr back yesterday ... and yesterday an individual contacted me re a complete lock set and ignition for a car ... said they weren't keyed alike, or oem.  i took the lockset out of a police crown victoria ... it was oem ... it was keyed alike for all locks and ignition.  so i think the individual is getting ready to send me back his old set of locks.  by the time shipping, $100 return i don't need. 

(anyway, i sent him a nice message asking what he would like to do about it and that i tried very hard to keep customers happy.  just waiting on him now...)

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

TSR

I think you are blaming things on the TRS status that just aren't realistic.  But that is just my observation from what you have posted here and on other threads.

Your buyer of the ignition may not have even known you are TRS.  Unless they look at your FB page, they don't know.

As for the return policies and how CSRs are handling them.  That changed back in the Fall of 2018.  So it has been around for a while.  I call it the no fault return system because basically that is what it is.  For any reason, true or not, a buyer can file a SNAD and get a return for refund or a refund and keep the item.  

This has NOTHING to do with TRS.  Zero, Zip!

And yes, as of the Fall of last year, if we disagree with a SNAD, we need to let it process and then afterwards we appeal the SNAD.  Up until the Spring Seller Update for 2019, if Ebay ruled in the seller favor, they would refund the seller the money and that was about it.  But now, if the appeal is ruled in favor of the seller, the SNAD gets removed from our records, both the Dashboard and for the Service Metrics.  That is a big deal.  Or so says the Spring Seller Update.  I haven't had the opportunity to test than and I'm in no rush to do so.  LOL

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

TSR

that is an extremely big IF ... and now is the point we agree to disagree and let all continue on in the ebay world 😉

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

TSR

Sorry.  I thought you wanted to understand what or why something was happening.  I see you've decided what the issues are and what is to blame, no matter what the actual facts are.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

TSR

@mam98031 wrote:

Sorry.  I thought you wanted to understand what or why something was happening.  I see you've decided what the issues are and what is to blame, no matter what the actual facts are.

fortunately there are no facts since it's a murphy situation.  there was no blame placed.  just the fact that i stated i would rather have  fiery hoops instead of plain.  and 'lo and behold i get a fiery hoop on the first day.  that is nothing but a murphy coincidence ...

then i answered your question ... and now is a good time to ...

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

TSR

@dasarock wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

fortunately there are no facts since it's a murphy situation.  there was no blame placed.  just the fact that i stated i would rather have  fiery hoops instead of plain.  and 'lo and behold i get a fiery hoop on the first day.  that is nothing but a murphy coincidence ...

then i answered your question ... and now is a good time to ...

That isn't correct, but if you aren't willing to entertain the information provided you, there isn't much anyone can to do assist you.  But then I don't think that is why you started this thread.  

Message 10 of 10
latest reply