eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Ebay's losing seller's and not gaining any new ones!

in reply to spautoradio

Find me that site I will sign it I have lost 2 thirds of my business quickly,slowly leaving ebay,,try eBids.com,,

Spoiler

Community Member

in reply to ape-man

I am done as a seller. I have had it with E-bay policies and their biased towards buyers as if they can do no wrong. The fees continually go up and they control your account. Well, not for long. I am discontinuing my Pay Pal acccount and no longer selling on E-bay. There are too many other places to sell that do not take my money and have no recourse when a buyer does not complete their end. Good luck staying afloat with these type practices.

Community Member

in reply to ape-man
Ebay is terrible for sellers who abide the favor sellers a company needs to come along that takes better care of sellers rights and fees this us ridiculous
Community Member

in reply to ape-man
I have had far to many issues with eBay TRIPLE billing me for a sale and dealing with the hassle of getting a refund. This has been consistent. Between that and what seems like a consistent change in increased fees. I can't afford to selling eBay. It forces me to look elsewhere to places that don't take away from so much of my profit. Between that and dealing with the hassle of people not paying, from my perception, it's not worth it.
Community Member

in reply to mhaf007

the fees are 55p to sell a 99p item..then you have to pay postage too

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to mhaf007

Ebay has deterioted to the point of where individuals (not stores) cannot not afford their fees and their coerced return policies for sellers.

-

Meg Whitman is the one who started to destroy this company. Now they have a bunch ofphone handlers who just give you the runaround while they tap you Palpal to refund fickle sellers at a drop of the hat.

-

An "Auction" is not a store where you can take it to the return desk when you decide you don't like what you got.

An "Auction" means you bought the dammmmmed thing and it's yours now!!!!!

Community Member

in reply to mhaf007

Community Member

in reply to ape-man

im new seller ...didint take long enough to run me out of this ste..so long ebay.

Community Member

in reply to ape-man

I have ran accross some of the situations you have all mentioned on here and are about 50/50 with stuff. Been here since 2002. Cant wait till February of next year, gets better for seller. Just wanted to give you a quick note. You think amazon is better. In some ways it is yes but other areas its not. Here at ebay when you get tracking and it shows it delivered your in the clear mostly. But at amazon even if tracking shows delivered they will still side with buyer 99% of time even if it shows delivered if they say they didnt get it and even if its signature confirmation. If that person didnt sign for it, it could mean they could open case and you lose. Now granted this doesnt happen all the time and i do sell there too. Plus there deposits in some cases are weekly. So you dont have your funds instantly. Plus there a to z guarantee is not all its cracked up to be. Overall both of them have faults. Just make sure to read there whole policy.    

Community Member

in reply to zunguzung

Sellers are tiered of giving stuff away. They are here to make a living, pay bills etc. I still see deals. Look around. If you are looking for something "cheap" (literally) just narrow your search option to sellers from CHINA only. I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for, you may need to wait a little longer to get it delivered but I'm sure you'll get a "DEAL".

Community Member

in reply to cell-tech2u

eBay stinks now! Too many over-priced auctions that close with Zero bids, and then the sellers just re-list them the next week.

It's now a waste of time to wade through all this garbage.

What happened to the deals?

Community Member

in reply to oddstuff13

This is so true!  I hear from my hubby who sells (but not as much as he used to because of the darned fees!) that Ebay just favors the buyers.  I am tempted to sell items but after reading all of the seller experiences am having second and third thoughts.  And as a frequent buyer on the bay, I really cant stand seeing ALL of the cheapo listings from Taiwan and China that come up in my search BEFORE I finally get to US sellers.  Let's face it, the items take ALOT LONGER to get to the buyer and sometimes, NOT AT ALL.  I did have some issues with that so now I really try to buy from US sellers with great feedback.  How can any seller compete with someone over seas selling a 99 cent bracelet and a US seller is selling that same bracelet for $5.99???  And alot of the items are made overseas.  But I still favor the US sellers because of the shipping.  And it is awful the way Ebay can change your feedback like that because of one **bleep**py, dishonest buyer.  My husband and a friend of mine (who also sells on Ebay) both had that happen.  You get one nutcase and there goes the show.  It was so different for me, at least as a purchaser in 2006 BUT it got progressively worse, sad to say.  It is ashame when one a-hole runs the show and the **bleep** runs down the hill.  Rules, rules, rules!  Biting themselves in the **bleep**.

Community Member

in reply to stophoardingtime

Has anyone heard about another class action suit against eBay coming up over this?  The loss of business from all of the dealers wrongfully dimminished by eBay's tactics is going to be a huge one.  Somebody even had a Facebook page, but took it down after a few days.  Now I can't find anything listed.  Anyone else? 

Community Member

I REALLY HATE EBAY NOW AS YOU MAY TELL YOU PHONE THEM ONLY TO SPEAK TO SOME ONE WHO HAS NO IDEA WHAT YOUR SAYING AS THEY CAN NOT SPEAK ENGLISH AND JUST MUTTER RUBBISH OF THERE SCREEN IN MUMBO JUMBO R YES O R YES THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE SAYING AND FOR ME I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE SAYING SOME TIME I HAVE NO IDEA IF ITS A LADY OR A MAN TALKING TO YOU 

Community Member

[ Edited ]

EBAY YOUR SHARES ARE DOWN AGAIN I REALY HOPE YOU FALL FLAT ON YOUR FACE ,THEN WHAT WILL THE SCAMMERS DO TRY SCAMMING SELLERS ON FACE BOOK I REALLY WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT AS THERE IS NO POSTING JUST PICK UP SORRY TO YOU SCAMMERS YOUR FINISHED

Community Member

in reply to 7673carol

EBAY got greeeeeeeeeeedy with there fees AND THERE RETURN POL is a joke people sending empty boxes back to you by the time you have realise its to late you have signed for it and feebay have refunded the SCAMMER there money back SORRY your money back to them SO  they have your iteme and your money GOOD OLD FEE BAY  iv started selling on face book and its great they pick up the item its free no fee-bay fees no paypal fees SO SORRY TO SAY STUFF EBAY YOU HAVE HAD YOUR DAY AND NOW ITS COMING TO A END 

Community Member

in reply to ape-man
Well that sounds truly great for some that is truly hard for some if they make 10.00 or a 100.00 a month they need that little bit.
I plan to not renew in nov 2015
I am selling on bonaza, close 5, offerup , amazon.
Me making money for ebay is over starting AUG 2015.
Sept 2015 i do let everybody know i am closing my store in the listing headings.
And will be letting people know starting sept in all my package's we are closing our store on EBAY😢
Community Member

in reply to ape-man
Yes you are right
Sellers need to stand up for there rights and CLOSE THERE STORES DOWN.....POINT BLANK
Community Member

in reply to ape-man
😌 you go boy
Community Member

in reply to ape-man
😔 you are so right my fees are like 2,3 hundred and better.
Always paid on time and before, now its a struggle.
Ebay may have to close
They are not DUM THEY SEE THE NUMBERS.
EVERYBODY NEED TO PUT IN THERE HEADING BEFORE THE NAME OF YOUR ITEM ...
CLOSING OUR STORE. ....THAT WILL TRULY GET EM BECAUSE THEY SEE IT. .
ITS IN ALL MY LISTING AND IN MY SHIPMENT I LET THE PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO REACH ME FOR FUTURE SALES..😊