cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make sure you are opted out of this:

Make usr to opt out of ad choice.

EBay collects data on each and every eBay user.

This has been happening for a while but there are some people that do not know about it.

What happens is everything you search, view and/or show interest in is sold to adchoice.

EBay does this in order to make more money (It also helps other platforms target you in the products you view)

Have you ever noticed that if you view stuff on some sites you begin seeing it everywhere?

Well it is most likely adchoice or another data collecting platform on YOU and everything you VIEW.

You can opt out of it here:

https://www.ebay.com/adchoice 

Leave It To Me
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Sorry for the misspell in the first line.

It should be *sure*

Leave It To Me
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

It's no different then what Google, Face Book and a lot of other sites do.

Looked up something on Google the other day and all of a sudden Face Book was full of ads for it.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

It's everywhere and hurts nothing. So, why care? 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I know. /:

I would rather people like eBay not be tracking me everywhere I go and the SELLING MY INFO to OTHER people.

It just doesn't seem right that eBay gets to sell what i search to others.

It is just my personal opinion.

I know that all the other sites do it but if there is a way to make it stop on one site then that is fine with me.

Leave It To Me
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I know

Leave It To Me
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Then I assume you use one of the top-rated operating systems and browsers for privacy, or at least whatever version of an "incognito" browser you have available, and/or you delete all cookies and browsing history every time you shut down your device for the day? You shun Google and instead use a more secure search engine? You don't allow any sites to save your user name or password? You don't create accounts or subscriptions that utilize your email address? And when a website has a pop-up regarding their cookie policy, you decline all cookies?

And you do all of that (and more) just to avoid seeing some ads? Uh, okay . . .

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Well you should probably stop using electronic devices completely. Someone somewhere always tracks your movement, records your browsing history, knows what you bought, etc...

Amish living the good life with no Ads.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

No way lol

Leave It To Me
Message 9 of 9
latest reply