cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lesson for Today

Never eat lobster tail with butter & lemon without some kind of bib.

Especially if you're sitting at your computer trying to do eBay stuff lol

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: Lesson for Today

@fern*woodwrote:

My lesson of the day is to never question one ebay rep or another will post to tell you to mind your own store.   I'm not kidding.

Smiley SurprisedSmiley Sad

Message 31 of 47
latest reply

sometimes it is 6.99 a lb in a korean supermarket call H MART,if you can find it in your town/city/6.99 for large size
Message 32 of 47
latest reply

@lookng2015wrote:
It was very close, but I'm fast.

That would have been a hard mess to clean out of there.

Message 33 of 47
latest reply

Those blue crabs are really strong. I've had to hold down the pot so they couldn't try to escape. 

Message 34 of 47
latest reply

@castlemagicmemorieswrote:

https://www.google.com/search?q=rock+lobster+lyrics&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS698US698&oq=rock+lobster+lyrics&...

those lyrics just seem fishy to me.

I just cast the hook.

"If you found my reply useful, please give it a Helpful.

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 35 of 47
latest reply

@lancelotmewrote:
sometimes it is 6.99 a lb in a korean supermarket call H MART,if you can find it in your town/city/6.99 for large size

Last year we were getting them off the boats for about 3.00 a lb. I like going to the lobster towns and getting them off the boat, and setting up my big pots on the beach rocks, full of boiling sea water. Lobster, foil wrapped roasted corn on the cob, and Potato salad.

Message 36 of 47
latest reply

@timemachine777wrote:

@lancelotmewrote:

Last year we were getting them off the boats for about 3.00 a lb. I like going to the lobster towns and getting them off the boat, and setting up my big pots on the beach rocks, full of boiling sea water. Lobster, foil wrapped roasted corn on the cob, and Potato salad.

I don't like lobster or potato salad, but I'm all for the wrapped, roasted corn!!

Bring on the butter!

Message 37 of 47
latest reply

@timemachine777wrote:

@lancelotmewrote:

I don't like lobster or potato salad, but I'm all for the wrapped, roasted corn!!

Bring on the butter!

If you ever had them fresh off the boat and boiled that day in sea water, you might like them more. They have way more flavor, vs the ones that have been living for weeks in filtered water. All seafood that's kept alive in filtered water, get flushed out to the point, that they lose that distinct taste.

Message 38 of 47
latest reply

@timemachine777wrote:

@timemachine777wrote:

@lancelotmewrote:

Bring on the butter!

If you ever had them fresh off the boat and boiled that day in sea water, you might like them more. They have way more flavor, vs the ones that have been living for weeks in filtered water. All seafood that's kept alive in filtered water, get flushed out to the point, that they lose that distinct taste.

Sorry to disappoint, I grew up in a coastal town.  All the fish and lobster, etc., you could possibly want.  Big lobsters with the wooden stakes in their claws, little ones with rubber bands.  Sharks.  Swordfish.  Porgies.  Blue Gills.  Lobster houses, fish houses, etc.  Scallops and mussels and squid.  Crabs.  Plenty of fish in the freezer, lobsters whenever.  Lobster roll, crab roll.  Just never cared for anything like that.  I recall someone would bring in containers of the shredded, deshelled lobster to me where I worked as a gift, and I would give it away.  

Message 39 of 47
latest reply

@timemachine777wrote:

@timemachine777wrote:

@lancelotmewrote:

Bring on the butter!

Sorry to disappoint, I grew up in a coastal town.  All the fish and lobster, etc., you could possibly want.  Big lobsters with the wooden stakes in their claws, little ones with rubber bands.  Sharks.  Swordfish.  Porgies.  Blue Gills.  Lobster houses, fish houses, etc.  Scallops and mussels and squid.  Crabs.  Plenty of fish in the freezer, lobsters whenever.  Lobster roll, crab roll.  Just never cared for anything like that.  I recall someone would bring in containers of the shredded, deshelled lobster to me where I worked as a gift, and I would give it away.  

I'm a big sea food guy. I use to go deep sea fishing every weekend. I recently messed up my shoulder which put the kibosh on that for a while.  

Message 40 of 47
latest reply

@timemachine777wrote:

@timemachine777wrote:

@timemachine777wrote:

@lancelotmewrote:

Bring on the butter!

I'm a big sea food guy. I use to go deep sea fishing every weekend. I recently messed up my shoulder which put the kibosh on that for a while.  

My Dad used to take his boat out a lot.  Pretty big one.  He loved it, too.  I got deathly seasick every time I went out, just laid on the engine box, with a bucket nearby.  I was little and thought I was going to die.  Dramamine didn't work on me.  But I have fond memories.  Those were the days.  

Message 41 of 47
latest reply

@timemachine777wrote:

@timemachine777wrote:

@timemachine777wrote:

@lancelotmewrote:

Bring on the butter!

My Dad used to take his boat out a lot.  Pretty big one.  He loved it, too.  I got deathly seasick every time I went out, just laid on the engine box, with a bucket nearby.  I was little and thought I was going to die.  Dramamine didn't work on me.  But I have fond memories.  Those were the days.  

I don't know many people that get seasick. I've fished rough waters, and have caught some of my biggest fish while doing so.

Message 42 of 47
latest reply

@postingid2017wrote:

I like lobster and crabs, but I am afraid to buy them live.  Years back, my mother brought some live crabs to cook.  Well she opened the pot and one got out - she ran screaming "catch it" LMAO!  

Hope it was good!

I think it was on Friends~Phoebe said she cooked lobster by throwing a cup of vodka in the water; at least let them be plastered and they won't care about being cooked!  Gets them all loose and mellow.

Message 43 of 47
latest reply

@timemachine777wrote:

@timemachine777wrote:

@timemachine777wrote:

@timemachine777wrote:

@lancelotmewrote:

Bring on the butter!

I don't know many people that get seasick. I've fished rough waters, and have caught some of my biggest fish while doing so.

Yes, that was my Dad.  My parents taught me to look at the horizon; that is supposed to stop you from feeling seasick.  That didn't work for me, either.

I would get car sick as well.  Finally grew out of all that.  

Message 44 of 47
latest reply

@timemachine777wrote:

@timemachine777wrote:

@timemachine777wrote:

@timemachine777wrote:

@lancelotmewrote:

Bring on the butter!

Yes, that was my Dad.  My parents taught me to look at the horizon; that is supposed to stop you from feeling seasick.  That didn't work for me, either.

I would get car sick as well.  Finally grew out of all that.  

Inner ear issues can play a big role in motion sickness.

Message 45 of 47
latest reply