cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm mad as H3ll and I'm not going to take it anymore.

Well, no, I’m not really mad at anything. But things have been going so swimmingly well that I just can’t shake the foreboding sense of impending doom that these boards seem to portend. Nothing special. Just Murphy’s Law periodically sneaking up on us.

So I thought I would join the chorus of those who complain for no real purpose other than seeing their name in print.

That does seem to be what others do and it works quite well for them.

It REALLY irks me when (stick a “dead horse” issue here)

And it REALLY bothers me when (stick a misinterpretation of a legitimate fact here).

And don’t even get me started on (stick an invalid cliché here)

THERE now I feel better.

sarcasm.jpg

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

I don't have anything to complain about, so I'm going to complain about that !!! Honestly, I used to complain about my issues until I went to a VA Hospital and saw men without legs who gave so much for their country. Whole different perspective.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

@candd205 wrote:

I don't have anything to complain about, so I'm going to complain about that !!! Honestly, I used to complain about my issues until I went to a VA Hospital and saw men without legs who gave so much for their country. Whole different perspective.

Of course. Grandma trying to sell her jewelry here and getting ripped off for $1500 isn't as bad as someone losing their legs in Iraq.

But it's still not something we should be laughing about or minimizing.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

No one wants to be scammed or ripped off. That's just wrong.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

@espresso_warehouse wrote:

@candd205 wrote:

Of course. Grandma trying to sell her jewelry here and getting ripped off for $1500 isn't as bad as someone losing their legs in Iraq.

Then forgive my bluntness but you were not paying attention.

My barbs were aimed at:

those who complain for no real purpose

beating dead horses

misinterpretation of a legitimate facts

invalid clichés

Nowhere did I suggest that VALID complaints were to be ignored or minimized. But legitimate issues are being buried under so much Tripe.

Sorry you missed the point.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

@candd205 wrote:

I worked in a medical clinic for some years, and once I was up in one of the doctor's offices delivering some paperwork.  I was standing in the waiting room when I saw a man creep along, barely moving, leaning on a walker.  He wasn't super old, just very ill.  He crept by a middle-aged couple sitting waiting to see the doc, and the (presumably) wife said to her partner in a very low voice "No matter how bad you think you've got it, there's always somebody worse off."  Her husband just nodded, his eyes big with sympathy, watching that man struggle along.

I've never forgotten that bit of everyday wisdom. 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Maybe Dee Snider was the first one to complain here on the boards. 

😀
Message 7 of 25
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

Maybe Dee Snider was the first one to complain here on the boards. 

😀

My twisted sister loved that song.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

@richard1rst wrote:

@espresso_warehouse wrote:

@candd205 wrote:

Then forgive my bluntness but you were not paying attention.

My barbs were aimed at:

those who complain for no real purpose

beating dead horses

misinterpretation of a legitimate facts

invalid clichés

Nowhere did I suggest that VALID complaints were to be ignored or minimized. But legitimate issues are being buried under so much Tripe.

Sorry you missed the point.

I didn't miss the point at all. Your intent is clear.

Personally, I would like to see things improve but not everyone feels the same way. You like it how it is.

All good. That's fine I probably should stop posting and let you guys have your space.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Most of the people complaining on here are the ones that don't get enough sales or think that eBay is screwing them in "hidden" fee's or that eBay is punishing them for whatever reason. These are also the same people who, when you take a look at what they are selling, it's all horrible stuff that people don't want. They have horrible photos, Very little or no description at all and the price is bad. This isn't 1999 anymore where you can throw up a pez dispenser and sell it instantly. If you're not listing stuff that people want or need at horrible prices with horrible photos and descriptions and a bad return policy then you aren't going to get sales, let alone consistent sales. If you want consistent sales and traffic all of the time you have to list consistently every single day, list things that people like/want and with good photos, good description, good price and good return policy. I have not missed a day listing in 14 months and my traffic and sales have increased and have stayed consistent the entire time. People spend so much time blaming eBay for everything when really it's them that's the problem.

Cheers!

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

I have a legitimate complaint.........

it was 38 freaking degrees here today!!!! I have melted.

Replace cone with a KoalaReplace cone with a Koala

ETA: That is celcius [100.4 to you guys]

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 11 of 25
latest reply

"I worked in a medical clinic for some years, and once I was up in one of the doctor's offices delivering some paperwork.  I was standing in the waiting room when I saw a man creep along, barely moving, leaning on a walker.  He wasn't super old, just very ill.  He crept by a middle-aged couple sitting waiting to see the doc, and the (presumably) wife said to her partner in a very low voice "No matter how bad you think you've got it, there's always somebody worse off."  Her husband just nodded, his eyes big with sympathy, watching that man struggle along.

I've never forgotten that bit of everyday wisdom. "

I got tears in my eyes reading that.  Going through some crud, and feeling sorry for myself from time to time I remind myself that it could be SO much worse.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

"it was 38 freaking degrees here today!!!! I have melted."

100 here one day last summer, we just kept the house shut.  8 inch thick walls and double paned windows.  We are on the coast and it broke a record.  People inland died from the heat.  Stay safe.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

What drives me nuts are the people who ask a question, get the (right) answer, and then argue about it for pages and pages.  There is a thread going right now and the OP is so very wrong but just keeps arguing and is especially obtuse.  Why come here for answers if you know it all?  Arguing just to argue...

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Kinda like saying "If it is June in January - you are probably in Rio de Janeiro" ( or Sydney).  Can't recall who said that but i remember that saying from  many  moons ago - might  have been on the Ed Sullivan show before The Beatles made their first appearance  in the US but it was some time after Ellvis Presley did his first appearance on that same show - and both were in B & W.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 15 of 25
latest reply