cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't leave negative feedback???

dmc06041969
Thrill-Seeker

I have buyers that never pay and never communicate.  When I go to leave feedback, all I know get are the choices of "positive" or "I'll leave feedback later".  Why can't I leave negative feedback anymore?

Message 1 of 691
latest reply
690 REPLIES 690

Re: I can't leave negative feedback???

You know, as much as you can get emotional because buyer refused to work with you over problems, letting out your anger on a reply and calling the buyer a 'psycho' makes you look just as bad, not really professional if you ask me.

@buttecreeksilver You don't, you just need to know that you're safe from everyone with two or more in a whole year, that's plenty of protection right there. Also, Google is your friend when it comes to finding your perfect selling venue, best of luck.

A reason why strikes are not shown publically is probably to avoid discrimination and preventing more wars where sellers get negative for backing out of a sale because buyer has at least one strike.

When up against non-payers, file UPI cases ASAP, do the right thing for the wellbeing of you and other fellow sellers.
Message 241 of 691
latest reply

wow....no support at all.
Message 242 of 691
latest reply

@zyonite wrote:

And by that flawed logic, you believe sellers are superior to buyers

scarletts-spell's logic isn't flawed at all. It IS the buyers who generate eBay's revenue. Sellers list the item, then a buyer purchases it. In that order. Nowhere in that statement is there an assertion that buyers are superior to sellers, for both are necessary for revenue to be made.

You keep your feedback private, so you're obviously not a seller, and perhaps you don't understand the seller's point of view. I have been a buyer and a seller on eBay for almost 15 years. In the first 14, I had no deadbeat buyers. In the past year, I've had three. Are the buyers getting worse, or do eBay's policies allow this to happen? I can't say for certain, but one thing is very clear to me—the playing field is slanted toward the buyer in that, generally speaking, a few bad sellers make things a lot harder for all sellers, but a few bad buyers have no effect whatsoever on all buyers.

Oh, and you'll notice sellers can't keep their feedback private but buyers can.

Message 243 of 691
latest reply

@clinke wrote:

@zyonite wrote:

And by that flawed logic, you believe sellers are superior to buyers

You keep your feedback private, so you're obviously not a seller

Really? You've never met an eBayer with more than one ID?

Message 244 of 691
latest reply

I got scammed out of $70 by a low life that filed a bogus claim with the protection program. So...Ebay took my $70 from me and refunded it to her because the item 'was missing pieces (BS!).....I opened another case against the buyer claiming an abuse of their protection system...the resolution was that when they send me my items, they get to keep their money. If they keep items, I get my money back. Buyer posted some BS numbers and letters on the shipping tracker, clicked "submit"....got another $70 refunded from me by Paypal. Im out $140 (original $70 from the auction plus another $70 due to glitch in Ebays system), buyer kept my items, plus buyer left me negative feedback. Ebay wont help. Paypal wont help. Both systems refuse to let you talk to a real person...they just send you in circles from page to page full of rules and regulations and this and that, usually with a box at the bottom of each page that says "Is this what you were looking for?"

If the powers that be could ever unite, Ebay would have a massive class action lawsuit from sellers who get scammed by buyers because Ebay does absolutely NOTHING to protect us. 

Its so easy....buy something cheap on Ebay...then open up a case claiming you didnt get what you bid on or it never showed up. You (the buyer) will get a refund almost instantly. As for the seller, they can argue and post facts and open claims and do everything they possibly can to protect themselves and its just like talking to a brick wall. 

Its turned into a horribly insecure website rampant with fraud. Ive been on enay a long time, it was horrible when it first started out. Then it got better once all the kinks and scams were worked out. Now its back to being full of scams and insecurity, mostly at the hand of Ebay itself because they wont do anything to fix it. 

13 years on Ebay, 687 positives, one negative. 

Message 245 of 691
latest reply

Hi,

I do not think the buyer is always right! I had a buyer that would not let me know how she liked the item I sent her. Come to find out she does not leave feedback for anyone she buys from. I think this buyer is rude so I blocked her from bidding on my items. Sellers should have rights to!

Message 246 of 691
latest reply

Yes, buyers are not always right, but negative feedback is not the answer, it does nothing but giving sellers satisfaction of being able to take revenge 

Ebay is improving the situation with all that feedback updates allowing negative feedbacks to be removed, be patient and do not breach their trust by introducing your rule-breaking 'workarounds'.

When up against non-payers, file UPI cases ASAP, do the right thing for the wellbeing of you and other fellow sellers.
Message 247 of 691
latest reply

I'd love to start a class action suit against E-Bay. I'm an honest person and E-bay has set such standards that I believe they would back me up if need be. Customer Service stinks! New laws that protect the buyer and nothing to let sellers stick up for themselves. I'm no longer a Top Seller, I can only list 25 auctions, or sell $160 per month, which ever comes first. I raised my shipping amount for the first time in 6 years from $2.50 to $3.00 and had four complaints out of 200. If anyone starts a class action, let me know .

Message 248 of 691
latest reply

@buttecreeksilver wrote:

OK great so where is this place that I can sell my items for FREE????

Its called your yard or if you are fortunate enough your "Garage".

Always free always open, never a middle man. The only way is your way or the highway.....

Just sayin.

Honest Abe

"Four Score and 10 years ago ebay was once a fun enjoyable place to do business." - NOW - "The Beatings will continue until seller morale improves." And if there is no improvement the Cassini Search will delete all your listings from its Search results.
Message 249 of 691
latest reply

First, why did ebay not have the buyer return the item and give the money back, you'd have the item at least to resell. Second, if paypal double dipped me for a second $70 I'd be on the phone every day all day and I'd run through every person there that picked up the phone. Finally I would tell them I am filing a complaint with the attorney general and possibly your own attorney and if found guilty you would be asking for a lot more than $70 Next, I'd have the clown on the phone who took my money and put it to them in very certain terms that they could either send back my money or the item but if the keep my item and my money it would not be a move in their best interest. Next I'd have an attorney simply write a short letter on their letterhead to the buyer asking for a resolve of the situation before it became necessary to file charges which would also include payment of any attorney fees upon winning the case. Finally, I'd consider a short overnight vacation to the buyers home. Just a polite personal visit onsite and in their face asking for my money. If that didn't work I can think of a lot of other things I'd do but I won't post here. I hate getting ripped off and generally I don't get even I get ahead even if it takes me years. I hold a grudge like a $1,000 dollar bill, tight in my fist. And I have a memory like an elephant which never forgets. But, I try to work out any situation to a fair resolve.
"Four Score and 10 years ago ebay was once a fun enjoyable place to do business." - NOW - "The Beatings will continue until seller morale improves." And if there is no improvement the Cassini Search will delete all your listings from its Search results.
Message 250 of 691
latest reply

I have been selling on ebay for over 10 years. In the past year I have had to deal with more deadbeat bidders than ever before. I cannot leave negative feedback for them either. WHY?? This makes ebay a VERY frustrating experience...I wish there were worthy competitors for ebay...then ebay's quality would HAVE to improve. As it is now...ebay has become like the post office... Little regard for the customers and a nightmare of red tape to get any problems resolved. SHAME ON EBAY for such poor customer service...And just try and reach out to "customer service."  What customer service??? Ebay has really gone downhill...

Message 251 of 691
latest reply

I think its all about what you sell?. I will not sell cars on ebay anymore because buyers tend to want to win just for the fun of it, or buy a few cars then go and view them!. They usually say i will think about it and go off to buy another they prentended to buy!. Also any kind of event tickets is a nightmare too!. They buy, then claim the tickets didnt arrive and get a refund through paypal too easily!. I have had this done to me on 4 occassions. One time the couple who bought the tickets were sat in front of us at the concert on the seats I sold!. I Actually asked them did they buy from ebay and they said yes!. Low and behold the day after the concert they claimed the tickets didnt arrive!. Never again!.
Message 252 of 691
latest reply

I have reported/blocked MULTIPLE non-paying bidders, only to have other SELLERS contact me regarding feedback I left the 'buyer', to say they have had the exact same issue with them. So this whole 'buyer protection' nonsense is clearly inclusive of NON PAYING buyers (oxyMORON much?)...blocking and reporting appears to be as ineffective as the joke of a feedback system we are forced to work with. So frustrating to love the work I am blessed enough to do, and be met with such disdain by the powers that be.
Message 253 of 691
latest reply

I been with eBay since the beginning and can say this is truly unfair. I could not believe when I started selling again.i had a perfect 100%  positive score for over 10 years. Then I sold item shipped in the allowed time frame stated on the action and cause the shipping carrier took longer than normal I was left negative feedback. I did everything I was supposed to do, I received negative feedback and buyer was abusive. Seller can not respond and leave his opinion of buyer that's completely unfair .

I even offered a full refund buyer declined every offer and was determined to leave negative feedback. I sorry but just because some one has a bad day or in a bad mood and that person leaves feedback that seller is at fault for the shipper carrier that the buyer paid for. That's completely unfair

plain and simple. Both seller and buyer should be able to leave negative feedback. How can this be arguable.

Its clearly unfair to only let buyers leave negative feedback.

All sellers should work together in a legal and friendly manner to flood eBay with emails and requests change there policy so both buyer and seller have the same rights

Message 254 of 691
latest reply

buyers can leave uncalled for negative feedback with no recourse. there are many people that just want to use the system to be abusive and ebay sellers have no protection . ebay should be ashamed

that's completely unfair!

i am going to email ebay daily till something is done about this one sided ebay policy

Message 255 of 691
latest reply