cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't leave negative feedback???

dmc06041969
Thrill-Seeker

I have buyers that never pay and never communicate.  When I go to leave feedback, all I know get are the choices of "positive" or "I'll leave feedback later".  Why can't I leave negative feedback anymore?

Message 1 of 691
latest reply
690 REPLIES 690

Re: I can't leave negative feedback???

So what about the wonderful buyers such as myself who pay for their item immediately after winning who never get any feedback at all because the seller did something wrong? I had a seller 2 states from me who for some reason wouldn't drop my necklace in the mail. It could have gotten here in just a couple of days but took well over 12 days. That's not fast shipping. I did my part but am being punished by them for paying quickly and doing eveything right.

I have never left negative feedback for anyone and have been on here since 2008. They are afraid I am going too so I am not going to get the positive I deserve. Not fair.

Message 226 of 691
latest reply

I'm only back on ebay because the feedback has changed, i buy everyday and always pay within a day or two. And i want to feel free to leave neg feedback if i feel it's the right thing to do (seller would have to be very bad for me to leave neg) without worrying about the seller neg me back.

If i go and shop in John lewis  and i moan about something i wouldn't expect them to call me names or have a go back!

It's only right it's the same here. 

But there should be a way sellers could do more about buyers who don't pay up, they give us good customers a bad name.

M.J

Message 227 of 691
latest reply

EBAY now $uscks. I have all dead beat buyers and can't leave any feedback accept positive. Ebay just wants $$$$$$$ money , money , money. They really don't care about sellers. I am leaving Ebay after I sell these next few items, and I will be happy I did!!!!

Message 228 of 691
latest reply

Alhough I do understand that in part it's done to prevent trolling on buyers. But there are certain buyers who's behaviors should be made public. Just as there are bad sellers out there, there are just as bad buyers.

I too am facing a wave of terrible buyers whom don't pay and refuse to communicate. It should be allowed to leave negative feedback on such buyers so that all (not just sellers) are aware of these bad buyers. Why eBay has decided to hide these scrupulous individuals under thier blanket of protection boggles all logic. Reporting them makes little sense as it doesn't do the job of exposing these folks and opening a case is a lengthy, time wasting, process that still doesn't publicly expose them.

Message 229 of 691
latest reply

Like so many of you guys on here, I'm SO fed up with non paying bidders.  I started selling just two months ago (after buying on eBay for years), just to get rid of some lightly used clothing that I no longer wore.  I estimate about 1/3 of the winning auctions end up being unpaid. Like right now, I have 5 ended winning auctions that ended 2 days ago, and only 2 have been paid for.  I have unpaid item assistant set up, so after 4 days, the claims will automatically open. After that, some more people end up paying.  And a significant portion still don't pay.

Here's the kicker: I already have my blocks in place, to block people from 2 strikes against them from bidding, and to block people with policy violations from bidding. I thought it would weed out the non paying bidders and leave me with just paying buyers, but it's still this bad!  My theory is that many sellers just don't file unpaid item claims, because eBay does NOT make it easy for you to find it.  (Or buyers just set up new accounts to continue their pointless bidding/non-paying hobby.)

Ugh.  I'm just selling on eBay to clear out my closet and make a little money on the side, but I can imagine what a nightmare it is for you sellers who actually have a business on here.  I really urge everyone to PLEASE set up the unpaid item assistant, or to manually file unpaid item claims when buyers don't pay.    These buyers need to have the strikes against them so they can be weeded out as much as possible.

Message 230 of 691
latest reply

You are in-correct. The sellers generate revenue for Ebay, not the buyers.  The buyers pay for the item. The sellers pay the fees.

@fforce wrote:

GUESS WHAT ALL YOU SELLERS BROUGHT THIS ON YOURSELF BY LEAVING A NEG FOR EVERYONE THEY GOT AND THAT IS WHY IT WAS CHANGE .MOST SITES ONLY THE BUYER CAN LEAVE FEEDBACK AND SAYING THAT WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO LEAVE A NEG FOR NON PAYING BIDDERS ONLY WITHOUT GETTING BACK ONE BUT E-BAY DOES NOT WANT TO LOSE ANY MORE BUYERS AND IF YOU CHECK YOUR LISTING THEIR ARE VERY FEW LOOKERS LET ALONE BUYERS.LETS FACE IT SELLERS ARE A DIME A DOZEN .ITS THE BUYERS WHO MAKE MONEY FOR E-BAY .NO BUYERS NO E-BAY AND THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE AND E-BAY KNOWS THIS.ON THE OTHER HAND THEIR ARE TO MANY RULES AND TO HIGH OF FEE'S TO MAKE ANY MONEY .SO WHY ARE YOU HERE ???? THEIR ARE FREE SITES OUT THEIR .THE ONLY REASON I AM HERE IS I HAVE A PRODUCT THAT ONLY SELLS ON E-BAY AND I MAY HAVE THE ONLY STOCK LEFT SO WHEN GONE SO AM I .

Message 231 of 691
latest reply

And by that flawed logic, you believe sellers are superior to buyers and thus, Ebay should make changes according to sellers interests? Here's a reason why Ebay is fair: no matter whether you're a buyer or a seller, Ebay will not make rule changes just because you said so, and everyone is free to give them suggestions whether they are a buyer or a seller.

Rule change? If it means their interests, maybe.

When up against non-payers, file UPI cases ASAP, do the right thing for the wellbeing of you and other fellow sellers.
Message 232 of 691
latest reply

Oh puleeze.....I've had buyers that once I checked their  so called 100% fb, I saw tons of, didn't pay, ruined auction, and plenty more. I call them serial npb'ers. They purposely bid on many many differents aucions, and pay for none. Ebay doesn't do a **bleep** thing anymore. We sellers should be able to leave neg fb for the npb'ers, but they took away our leverage. Now they bid, and laugh at all our attempts to get paid. I've had over 104 npb'ers in the past year alone. 104...still makes me mad as hell.

Message 233 of 691
latest reply

Chances are other sellers are as weak minded as you are and either too lazy or too afraid to file UPIs which not only helps you but also millions of other sellers. And no, I don't defend non-payers, I hate them with a passion, but you have no right to complain if you don't follow the correct instructions as set by Ebay in dealing with non-payers and maximising your selling experience.

Let's recap why it was taken off back in May 2008 - too many sellers were taking advantage of it to avoid negative feedback when offering below average service, bringing negative feedback rights for seller back will just bring those bad sellers back too. If you're really a good seller, you should be glad that the bad sellers are gone and you get less competition, perhaps you're overestimating yourself as a seller?

When up against non-payers, file UPI cases ASAP, do the right thing for the wellbeing of you and other fellow sellers.
Message 234 of 691
latest reply

I didn't know you have to pay ebay and PayPal. I thought you pay ebay and that was it. I have sold 2 items so far so the fees must not be much because i have not noticed much money deducted.
Message 235 of 691
latest reply

I agree 100% that eBay is doing nothing for the seller. It makes no sense that I can send a package 2-3 day prioeity mail and receive a 1 start rating when the package arrives the day after it is mailed. Same with price, I sell a brand new item in the box at 50% less than any other seller and receive 1 star rating for over priced item. How do I ever know who and why a **bleep**py taring.

Another buy fails to pay and I can leave POSITIVE or nothing but cannot warn other sellers.

I check with other sellers and find they also had a no pay with the same buyer.

This eBay policy only helps dud buyer while doing nothing for the seller.

HOW ARE SELLERS SUPPOSE TO KNOW WHO TO BLOCK UNTIL THEY GET THE SHAFT THEMSELVES???

Message 236 of 691
latest reply

and just how are you suppose to know how many strikes a buyer has?? There is nothing to show and no where to check for a fail to pay.

Message 237 of 691
latest reply

OK great so where is this place that I can sell my items for FREE????

Message 238 of 691
latest reply

I had a buyer return an item 40 days after purchase and claimed it did not work.  I received it back and worked fine, and I refunded payment as soon as I got it back.  Buyer kept harassing me via the message system that she wanted back MORE than she paid and return shipping costs.  On my listing, it stated buyer is responsible for return shipping, as well as I pointed her to a link on ebays system that stated buyers are responsible.  She did not want any of that.  Wanted more than she paid back and return shipping, after I finally told her to stop harassing me, she left me negative feedback.  I have reported this feedback to ebay, and they have yet to do anything about it.  Sellers get punished by bad buyers, and good sellers can do nothing about it except to follow through with buyers demands or get punished with a negative feedback.  #UNFAIR

Message 239 of 691
latest reply

ebay is useless for sellers with deadbeat buyers.  You can't do anything they do nothing.  Such a poor business model, but they get away with it...for now

Message 240 of 691
latest reply