cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Re: Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

t_coleman1945 , EXACTLY RIGHT!!! Corperate greed!!! Pure and simple!

Those charges have **bleep** me off as well! They are strong arming us. It's sort of like the Mafia coming into your shop sayingng they want a cut of your action. I can understand charging a reasonable fee... but charging based on postage, which they said was because of people cheating on their charges (people charging $4.00 for an item but 60.00 for shipping). Heck ebay knows how much I pay in postage because I buy it through them! So they know that I'm not cheating. It's just plain GREED from a corperate elitist entity. They've become too big and need to be regulated. It boils down to that strong arming that I mentioned earlier. We can complain until the cows come home and pigs fly but they will continue to be mega greedy because they can. They have no interest in listening to, or addressing our concerns. So much for the fair business practices of a social justice California based company. Further proof that it's all **bleep**    --- MONEY is all that matters to them, even if some of it comes off of OUR backs and is based on UNFAIR practices! 

Message 1156 of 1,161
latest reply

donsdetour,

reread my quote (which you included in your reply). Ebay KNOWS that I'm NOT cheating because I buy the postage through THEM. They see exactly what I am paying for said postage... and given that I DO NOT CHARGE MY CUSTOMERS POSTAGE how then can I cheat ebay out of fees???

Message 1157 of 1,161
latest reply

Ebay "beeped" me so let me rephrase...

"ticked" and the second bleep of a "B." and an "S." (yes, they beeped two letters) shall be henceforth known as bovine - excrement.

Message 1158 of 1,161
latest reply

It all boils down to percentages, ebay has multimillions (if not billions) of buyers and sellers. If only a small percentage complain they could care less that their fees policies are HARMING poor little old retirees just trying to supplement their pittance of Social inSecurity. You know, that money which was by law decreed to remain untouched by legislators - but was raided by said legislators...

but I digress.

We are but a small percentage of the overall scheme of things in ebay's world. We are the gum stuck on the bottom of their shoe. They obviously pay little, if any, attention to this thread.

Or any of the other similar "complaint" threads. They are the mega giant corperate entity, emassing vast wealth of the backs of the poor pleabs who are just barely scraping by. Hmmmm... how's that social justice working out for ya??????

Message 1159 of 1,161
latest reply

I too miss PayPal and its instant payouts.

Ebay holds OUR money, drawing interest on it during the wait-time. Just one more greedy sticky fingered business plan to line THEIR pockets.

Message 1160 of 1,161
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 1161 of 1,161
latest reply