cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Re: Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Crazy you know I sold $400 they ebay and PayPal charge me $80 that is crazy for real
Message 1111 of 1,161
latest reply

I've read several of the latest replies and tried to give each a thumbs up (helpful) and it strikes me as odd that I am the first and only one to do so. Could it be that ebay has turned off that function so that people won't see hundreds or thousands of thumbs up to these comments criticizing ebay's high fees? Not saying that is the case... Just wondering why?

Message 1112 of 1,161
latest reply

Where have all of the thumbs up ratings gone??? After doubling back to check on comments that I had marked as "helpful" several months back, I now find that they have ZERO thumbs up scores. Something's very FISHY!

Message 1113 of 1,161
latest reply

I agree eBay's fees are way too high sometimes I can't believe what I have to pay at the end of the month.
Message 1114 of 1,161
latest reply

eBay is for buyers not seller's, seller's loose out all the time.
Message 1115 of 1,161
latest reply

Yes goodbye eBay selling. All my stuff is going to be sold somewhere else. They took close to 30%, fing nuts!
Message 1116 of 1,161
latest reply

I agree. I have been on Ebay since 03 and don't sell much, but now find with the Paypal fees and the final fees its closer to 13%? With them taking their cut with the shipping and with Paypal, I am done selling on here. I am small taters compared to most sellers.
Message 1117 of 1,161
latest reply

They should raise them higher, that way nobody will use ebay.

Message 1118 of 1,161
latest reply

I'm leaving EBAY due to their fees. I do better on FB . Screw ebay.

Message 1119 of 1,161
latest reply

Definitely! Sold an item for $900 and ended up with $700 in my account after taxes and “fees”. Ebay is hustling us. I AM DONE.

Message 1120 of 1,161
latest reply

Holy moley!  I was going to sell something on ebay.  But some hunch told me to check the fees.  10% final value fee, and maybe more fees on top of that, are you kidding me ?!   And then Paypal fees on top of that.   I'll be looking into other options.

Message 1121 of 1,161
latest reply

t is just crazy. If you add all final fees on Ebay and Paypal you come up to nearly 40%. That's just crazy. So I am working for them instead for myself. It leaves me no other chose then to look elsewhere to sell. And the smokescreen they create about there fees is just incredible. Than alone is raising a red flag. It is just impossible to understand it.
There is a huge gap in the market here. If there was a very simple market place wich allowed buyers and sellers to deal with shipping and payment through a message system it will take over all market websites like ebay within a very short amount of time. If you have millions and millions of buyers and sellers and you would apply a steady monthly fee of just 10$ a month for sellers and no other fees you will be rich very quickly.
Ebay is just impossible.

Message 1122 of 1,161
latest reply

Same here. Im ending my account after i pay the $300 final value fee. I sell movies. I dont sell enough to justify a bill that big. Seems like Ebay and Amazon are more for big business and companies than us. Fun while it lasted I guess.

Message 1123 of 1,161
latest reply

An update from my original posting 2 years ago as I've tried to give ebay another go, mostly out of desperation to sell. Still looking at any alternative. Repeating my original post-still could do better throwing my items away-at least ebay wouldn't make any money from my things anymore, because they are the only ones who are. It's no better now than it was 2 years ago. I look forward to the day I can be completely done with it. What a shame, it was a good startup idea, but apparently their success has also bred tremendous greed.  The only way to stop ebay from doing this is a massive number of people leaving it. I will, hopefully after this year once and for all, and have discovered tremendous motivation to find other ways to sell, a gift from eBay's money-grubbing fees. and the type of buyers I have been finding-are so rarely serious enough to actually buy or even bid on something.  Overpricing seems to be the rule-but even if your overpriced item sells, you'll only be forking over more money to them, what's the point?

Message 1124 of 1,161
latest reply

Yes. All their fees really add up. I have been using Ebay for years to sell my bowling equipment as I replace it with newer stuff (every couple months). However the last few times I have found my self paying every thing I made to Ebay. I have equipment to move now so I listed it on Mercari. We'll see how that goes. Everyone needs to remember Ebay isn't their only outlet. Perhaps then Ebay will come to their senses.
Message 1125 of 1,161
latest reply