cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Held Funds & PayPal Balance Problems

Just wondering if any other sellers are having problems getting eBay held funds released and/or are having problems with their PayPal balance due to those held funds. I sure am.

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Yes, my funds are also being held. I was a power seller with 100% positive feedback, with an above standard rating. One negative feedback and now my funds are hold, my feeback rating has dropped and I'm now below standard. Also, I now cannot take advantage of special days with a free listing fee. I've been selling and buying on ebay for 13 years!

The buyer who  filed a dispute received a paypal full refund, including shipping, and was allowed to keep the merchandise.

p.s. the merchandise she filed on was in perfect condition.

Message 2 of 44
latest reply

Wow. One negative with feedback score of over 2200. On a $10 item??? You are obviously a huge risk according to eBay's bad seller guidelines.

Message 3 of 44
latest reply

Read this for some answers:

http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y11/m12/i16/s01

Message 4 of 44
latest reply

4011jenkins
Enthusiast

I'm HOT!!!  I have been selling on Ebay for over 6 years, and I have a absolutly 100% positive feedback here on ebay.  Tonight I get an email from paypal letting me know that due to new policy rules and changes they are now going to withhold my payments on the items I sell for upto 21 days. This is total CRAP!  I called paypal up to find out why, i wasn't satisfied with my answer I got and request to talk to a superviser, I talked the superviser, and they said that i had just sterted re-selling on ebay after not selling anything for the last 6 months. So because of that I have to wait for 21 days or recieve verification that my item was recieved by the buyer.  Thats it!!!!  After I sell the remaining 6 items i have up on ebay, I will never sell another thing on Ebay!!!  And I will only use Paypal as a way to purchase items!!!! 

I hope Ebay and Paypal is taken to court with a class action lawsuit, and that all Sellers on ebay call Paypal and overwhelm them with complaints and phone calls!!!  What it boils down to is that Ebay doesn't care for the sellers but only the buyers!  Time there was a Revolution against Ebay and the Evil sister Paypal.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 44
latest reply

yep , me too !

Message 6 of 44
latest reply

what , exactly, is the point in holding up funds??? snd how is this deternined???

Message 7 of 44
latest reply

file a complaint with the state Attorney you live in .

I filed with Texas

https://www.oag.state.tx.us/forms/cpd/form.php

Message 8 of 44
latest reply

hfdd1
Enthusiast

I received the same email...12 years on Ebay and now I'm being penalized for no volume in sales. Usually when someone says "if you don't do 'this'....I'm going to do that", most people would call that extortion.

I sell to put food on my table...or pay a bill...I'm am not a big volume professional. I am over 60 years old and just try to get by, Ebay used to help with that...but they have lost touch with the 'Real Ebay' sellers who helped them build their company and wealth.

They hold funds to make more money...it sits in an interest account and generates cash, need I say more.

I called C.S. and got just what I expected...patronization. I am offended by the change in policy and I am considering leaving Ebay. The policy makers should consider this fact...I am a seller once in a while, but I buy alot of product...when I or we leave Ebay/PayPal thats called a 'loss'...put a hold on that and see what happens.

Ebay used to be fun.

Message 9 of 44
latest reply

they give alot of reasons that just don't hold up

Message 10 of 44
latest reply

the bottom line is they are making money off our money

Message 11 of 44
latest reply

I just got a message saying my funds are being held in Paypal until a certain date!!!!  What the H***!   My rating is 100%  what is going on ebay and paypal.   Just another excuse to hold our money!  What can we do about this.  I would be really mad if I needed the money now!!!!!  and some need the money!!!!!!1  I am upset about this what can we do!

Message 12 of 44
latest reply

A sorry excuse to find a reason to hold on to OUR money!  I'm seriously looking into another form of auction.   Ebay is beginning to act like the government.

Message 13 of 44
latest reply

yes they are giving bs reasons to hold on to our money!  what can we do. ?    if you try to contact them they give you bs......

Message 14 of 44
latest reply

what a load of crap.   ebay sure watches sellers and are fast as lightening to penalize a seller....but when we want an answer for something legitimate....it is bs bs bs bs bs and ignore and excuses that make no sense....except that they just want to hold OUR MONEY longer.    Looking into getting into another form of auction.   Hope you read these ebay, don't just read them. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!  Stop holding OUR MONEY.   You make enough with all the fees charged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 15 of 44
latest reply