cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did You Know eBay Built A Lavish NYC Pub Style Lounge?

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2019/5/1558448228.html

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

So are they making money out of it?  Somehow I doubt the drinks are free.........just another revenue.........errrrrr.........stream...........

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

This was built over 2 months ago and a contractor let it slip on his Twitter I believe. It's since been removed. I thought it was mentioned that they received tickets but I may be wrong. People have said that Ebay is a great place to work for. Maybe I should give up trying to sell and just put my resume in there!

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Meh.  It's just a beer bar.  Smiley Indifferent  You don't think they are going to put out the money for a liquor license, do you?  Smiley Very Happy

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@eunster1313 wrote:

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2019/5/1558448228.html

Not out of line with what most billion dollar companies offer. 

I've seen much smaller dot com companies with whiskey bars, cigar lounges, and putting greens. 

The Microsoft campus has tree houses; fields for soccer, softball, volleyball, cricket and bocce; restaurants; and even an auto body shop. 

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

This was built over 2 months ago .... I thought it was mentioned that they received tickets but I may be wrong. ...

The article says that the lounge was installed in 2017.  It also reveals that  Katherine Calvert, CMO at Khoros (which absorbed Lithium, eBay's Community management company), ironically a digital customer care & loyalty solutions provider, apparently unaware of $EBAY's significant cost reduction, layoffs, and scrutiny by activist investors, shared a Tweet while imbibing with eBay management. You can see "yes those are drink tickets" as well as references to Doug (dasmith) and Alan (Aisbitt) from the Community team.

Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 5.29.01 PM.png

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Alternate title: "Pirate very, very fond of replicating".

I like to imagine Elliott mgmt as Elliott Stabler, and that he and Ice-T paid this bar a visit.
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

"Today eBay suffers from an inefficient organizational structure, wasteful spend and a misallocation of resources. By increasing operational efficiency, eBay can free up capital to invest in capability- and revenue-enhancing activities."

Sounds like ebay needs to hire these guys:

1z60zc.jpg

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

All i can say is WOW ? I will leave it right there. Mom always said if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything at all. Where is my Ebay packaging Tape ?????

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Stragetic management planning :

A dismal road, Lavish spending, charging more & offering less. 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

This was built over 2 months ago and a contractor let it slip on his Twitter I believe. It's since been removed. I

LOL. 

No one let anything "slip", and no one is trying to scrub the internet of references to it. 

Walker's West appears to be open to the public and has it's own instagram page for heaven' sake:

https://www.instagram.com/walkerswest/?hl=en

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

It's open Monday to Friday from 3 to 7 PM with last call at 6:15.  I'm having trouble finding any internet presence or other indication that it's open to the public rather than just for eBay staff. 

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@tunicaslot wrote:

This was built over 2 months ago and a contractor let it slip on his Twitter I believe. It's since been removed. I

LOL. 

No one let anything "slip", and no one is trying to scrub the internet of references to it. 

Walker's West appears to be open to the public and has it's own instagram page for heaven' sake:

https://www.instagram.com/walkerswest/?hl=en

If you read the article linked - that is exactly what it says - why so combative? We may not see eye to eye - but really?

Here's an update from Ina - Update 5/22/19: As Dan Davis posted on this thread on Twitter, the page featuring details from the contractor who built the replica tavern on eBay's campus has been taken down since we published this post yesterday.

So the original release was indeed taken down. If you see it elsewhere so be it - it's not the original tweet she was referencing.

And excuse me for my faux pas of 2 months vs 2 years.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Let's face it.  Many eBay employees probably need that drink after work.nerd

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I heard that if the food is not as described, it is free to return but the server has to reimburse ebay for the meal and penalties may apply?

laughing

Message 15 of 17
latest reply