cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers not leaving feedback

camille46
Enthusiast

I have about nine buyers who did not leave a feedback.  I even emailed them and politely reminded them to do so.  I take pride in how I wrap the items I ship and I am very descriptive about what I am selling.  So I do not understand if this is a regular problem.  I leave my feedback immediately for them upon receipt of their funds and my shipping.  I even tried delaying my feedback for a few to see if they responded first.  I have had not complaints from any of these buyers.  What's up??????

Message 1 of 333
latest reply
332 REPLIES 332

Re: Sellers not leaving feedback

I get that to a point but if i were to go into a department store, pay the cashier and they said thank you I would feel the need to do the same.

To me leaving feedback is mostly about being courteous.

Some have said that it's not as easy leaving feedback since many people have made the move from computers to mobile devices,  so why not make it easier?

Message 286 of 333
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agreed, ebay needs to change the system. I never get feedback either, and I am the same, pack nicely, leave feedback for the buyer. I think they should base it on our selling without negative feedback, since we keep selling but not getting credit for it due to the buyer not leaving feedback, not fair.
Message 287 of 333
latest reply

Experienced buyers/sellers understand that the numeric reputation is only part of the equation.. the transaction history is more important. 

If you are a new seller, this obviously hurts you more so consider other platforms if possible. Once ebay figures that it is losing business, it will start to act again. It already lost quite a lot of buyers due to expensive shipping - I only shop here as a last resort for items not possible to get over Amazon, the shipping alone is easily more than $50 with no order consolidation, so I can no longer order "small" items.

Message 288 of 333
latest reply

i know what you are saying. i have to wait for them to clear funds. I am new and they hold it back to almost a month. it **bleep** you sell thing to get money from it not wait till you die.
Message 289 of 333
latest reply

So eBay what are you doing? I have 12 of my last 18 sold auctions without buyer feedback. And every buyer is a person with 100s and 1000s of feedback. Weird as they know the value. And I ship in higher grade boxes while others use padded envelopes.
eBay - where are you on this thread?
Give me some ammo to get earned positive feedback.
Message 290 of 333
latest reply

EBAY does not make it easy to leave feedback...

try finding any links anywhere... i have been looking in all over ... they hide it somehow
Message 291 of 333
latest reply

I have the same problem!!

Message 292 of 333
latest reply

As 'casual' eBayer, I think that your expectations are too high. I've made many online purchases over the years, from various sources, and I usually give no feedback. I know that especially eBay memebers value positive feedback as it contributes to their user rating and therefore I try to leave feedback for every purchase here.

But you cannot expect all buyers to do this. It is perfectly fine if a customer buys something, pays nicely, receives the item and never communicates back about their experince. This is just how online buying works for many people. I think that generally, eBay buyers leave a lot of feedback, way more than most other online shopping sites because eBay itself promotes feedback so much.

So be happy with all feedback you get, but don't get mad for customers who just receive their goods and go on with their daily lives.

Message 293 of 333
latest reply

Many eBay sellers hound buyers pursuant to leaving positive feedback - but those same sellers rarely leave any feedback to their clients ('buyers') ... it happens with such frequency that I now find it amusing when receiving written notes with items purchased (which is lovely - absolutely - but hear me out ... ) as well as 'follow-up' emails, basically soliciting good feedback - which, as a purchaser, I always provide at the earliest possible convenience.  (Note: I've never left 'negative' nor 'neutral' feedback for any purchase; if an item isn't exactly what I'd hoped it might be (which has only happened approx 3 times in years of purchases), I just don't leave any feedback at all. In my experience, those very few instances are rare, and the only exception to leaving positive feedback ( sort of along the lines of the old adage 'if you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all ...' )

However, sellers don't seem to feel that their own feedback should be forthcoming towards purchasers like me who 1) pay promptly, and 2) leave immediate, positive feedback.

It would seem disengenuous of sellers to constantly seek positive feedback when they're unwilling to 'practice what they're preaching' ...

Message 294 of 333
latest reply

You stated it very well indeed!  Sellers actively solicit positive feedback, but are then less ardent about returning the favour to those of us who 1) paid promptly for their purchase, and 2) leave an excellent review.  It is disingenuous, to say the least - and disappointing - but then human nature usually is ...

Accordingly, your solution to this is admirable: don't buy from them again - which has been my 'rule' - as it only makes sense to assume that if they don't appreciate one's business enough to leave feedback for their buyers (after endlessly soliciting it from us!), they certainly won't get repeat sales.

Thanks for allowing me to vent - this has been a point of wonder and contention for me for years, as a buyer, and am sort-of relieved to know I'm not alone in my bewildering haze over this issue.

Message 295 of 333
latest reply

The fact of the matter is that people in general only remember the bad things and rarely the good.

It's human Psyche.

Good reasoning dictates that buyers should support good sellers that supply a good service and product fulfilment experience.

Buyers need such good sellers.

Maybe sellers should offer discounts for loyal buyers?

Buyers have just as much justice as sellers. If sellers desire to use their feedback option prior to transaction fulfilment, then that is the seller's perogative. 

Perhaps sellers should wait until transaction fulfilment before leaving their feedback, and if no buyer feedback, then reflect it in the sellers feedback for the buyer.

Amen....

Message 296 of 333
latest reply

I am experiencing the same problem and the ones that negotiate me down and get a very good deal are the most demanding.
Message 297 of 333
latest reply

I have been a member for 15 years. Initially it was very rare for buyers or sellers not to leave feedback. I have noticed in the last year or so that feedback can be as little as 50%. Now  when selling I wait for the other party to leave feedback

Message 298 of 333
latest reply

I'm not going to leave buyer feedback anymore unless I get positive feedback first. Feedback can be very important to a seller account and it literally takes less than a minute to leave it. Buyers who don't leave feedback are rude, especially when they are also sellers!

Message 299 of 333
latest reply

*****bleep**** ebay sellers, no shortage of them.
Message 300 of 333
latest reply