cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers not leaving feedback

camille46
Enthusiast

I have about nine buyers who did not leave a feedback.  I even emailed them and politely reminded them to do so.  I take pride in how I wrap the items I ship and I am very descriptive about what I am selling.  So I do not understand if this is a regular problem.  I leave my feedback immediately for them upon receipt of their funds and my shipping.  I even tried delaying my feedback for a few to see if they responded first.  I have had not complaints from any of these buyers.  What's up??????

Message 1 of 333
latest reply
332 REPLIES 332

Re: Buyers not leaving feedback

Completely agree. I have always left feedback in a timely manner whether selling or buying. Lately I have had to chase people down to leave feedback and half the time they still do not. Why even have a feedback system if it isn't enforced by the site? On the flip side, if something goes wrong with a transaction you'll see plenty of feedback.
Message 241 of 333
latest reply

I agree. We sellers should get a positive rating after 90 days if buyer is too lazy to post . It hurts when you work so hard to be fair and sell good items only to be ignored in feedback. I will no longer give buyers any feedback if they refuse to give me one.

Message 242 of 333
latest reply

as a 16 year buyer and on/off seller on ebay..i dont agree with this newer trend on ebay for sellers to not leave feedback or to wait untill the buyer receives item and leaves feedback first.As a seller on ebay when a buyer PAYS for the item they want THEY HAVE FULLFILLED THEIR END OF THE OBLIGATION. I give them positive feedback right away.As a SELLER..YOU are the professional not the buyer. I just made a purchase over a week ago..received the item 2 days ago..STILL waiting for the SELLER to leave me feedback..i paid for the item right away AND i left feedback the same day i received item...so where is MY FEEDBACK for being a good buyer???.majority of buyers DO NOT leave feedback thats a fact and its been that way since day one.i dont ask or beg for feedback..but i do EXPECT IT AS A BUYER!!!!

P.S as a buyer when a seller does not leave me feedback after i have PAID..and it becomes apparent they are waiting..IT makes me wonder...hmmm are they EXPECTING the item to arrive damaged? or not as described??? ITS DOWNRIGHT RUDE FOR A SELLER TO NOT LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR BUYER!!!

Message 243 of 333
latest reply

SO DO U WANT THE BUYERS TO COME BACK AND PURCHASE FROM YOU AGAIN????

Message 244 of 333
latest reply

I am currently having the same problem with three buyers not leaving feedback and I am very frustrated what can I do any answer?

Message 245 of 333
latest reply

I sell laptops and it seems for me people think if they leave positive feedback there is no recourse if something goes wrong with it. I think I recieved 1 positive from one person and that was after a month or so I believe. Have sold a good share of laptops and I will not leave positive anymore from buyer's  who will not leave positive first. If there was a problem I am sure they would of filed a Item not as described but I have not recieved one.  So I gather they are just LAZY to leave positive. Smiley Indifferent

Message 246 of 333
latest reply

I do not do feedback as a buyer. I am shopping, not reviewing a movie. Every time I purchase groceries or go to Target, I do not
critique the checker, store, quality of merchandise, etc. When I saw
the repeated, meaningless comments of all buyers and sellers, I realized this was just another time consuming black hole that has no meaning.
Message 247 of 333
latest reply

Just think of what you have said here regarding the buyers obligation ending after they have paid for the item. Ok...so they search ebay for something they desire, find the item that you are selling and they WANT it. You've taken the trouble to describe it acurately, taken great images and offered reasonable postage rates, otherwise they would not have WANTED it. If you want something badly enough you will either steal it or buy it. In the case of ebay you will more often than not click through to paypal to complete the purchase. All pretty obvious right, but that is ALL they are doing, just like you or I do to get something into our posession. Where on earth is there the justification of sellers heaping praise and glory (as I see all the time) on buyers for simply clicking and paying for their desired item. Ridiculous. A buyer has not proved a **bleep** thing about their credibility or honesty at such an early stage of a transaction. You, as a seller on the other hand will have to prove your worthyness by offering an excellent service to that buyer by way of efficient communication, secure and tidy packaging, and prompt dispatch of the item. If the seller has done all that as they should do, then that person has earned a positive feedback from the buyer, and note that I use the word 'earned'. Now, if the buyer, once in posession of the item changes their mind and no longer wants it, or damages it and then makes out the seller didn't wrap it properly or attempt a whole process of lies in order to get something for nothing, the seller cannot retract the "Fabulous fantastic ebayer, good to do business with you, come back anytime, clap clap clap :-)" comments that they have already left.   On the other hand, if the buyer is a reasonable customer and then takes the trouble to let the seller know if they are happy with the item and service via a positive feedback then THEY have earned theirs in response. That is fair in my opinion. The reason I think so many sellers are so quick to leave a positive in response to getting payment is that they hope that by doing so the buyer will be easy on them and reciprocate. In other words they are 'crawling'. Simple as that.

This is what I do. When a buyer pays for my item, I thank them for their purchase personally through the contact the buyer message service. If it is prompt payment I tell them that I really appreciate it. I tell them that I will dispatch item as soon as possible well packaged and confirm postage details. I finish message off with 'Regards ****'

Here is a little story. A nice lady purchased an item from me at a higher than expected bid and I was delighted. After she received the item she messaged me to say it wasn't quite the colour she was expecting and could she return it for a refund. My answer was "Yes of course, as soon as I receive it back I will refund your paypal account immediately". I knew for a fact that there was a change of heart here because my images and description of the item were brilliant, which she acknowledged in the message funnily enough. However, she apologised, and I said "No problem at all". When I received item back in the same perfect condition well wrapped by her, I immediately left a positive feedback for this lady telling others she was a recommended ebayer. She behaved properly and EARNED it even though I missed other great bids on same item. I eventually sold at far less to another buyer.

Message 248 of 333
latest reply

One thing I have noticed is that when I leave feedback 1st, I have received returns for items not as listed, am leaving myself opened for blackmail, only a small amount of buyers do that, but that sure does hurt, therefore I leave no feedback until I receive one, anyways I think the feedback system sucks, to many non payers and abusers of the system.

Message 249 of 333
latest reply

I know this is crazy... but the transaction is not complete until the buyer receives their item. Therefore there should be no exchanging of feedback until the item is in their hands. I know I know.... Making rational conclusions is insanity apparently.
Message 250 of 333
latest reply

Perhaps not leaving feedback maybe to do with people using mobiles?

I rarely use my mobile for ebay but if I do I find it difficult, perhaps that's the reason?

Message 251 of 333
latest reply

well, I can only tell you why I don't give feedback sometimes. Sometimes I forget, sometimes I don't like the order but don't want to be mean and rate negative so I leave it be. Other times I wait because I want to see how the product will work for me. I believe as a seller you can rate the buyer positive if they bought their item fast and you didn't have to wait to ship.

Message 252 of 333
latest reply

Not leaving feedback for a reason I can understand but never giving it because the buyer can't be bothered is annoying. 

Message 253 of 333
latest reply

here's what I find very irritating and this has nothing to do with my buyers but everything to do with a friend of mine who buys everything he can on eBay and Amazon.  He will sit in a restaurant or in his car after a meal and spend 45 minutes determining how to word a review for YELP but he has stated numerous times to me that he refuses to leave any type of feedback on eBay or Amazon for the sellers.  That is such **bleep** to me and I've read him the riot act over that comment but it serves no purpose as he refuses to do it.

Message 254 of 333
latest reply

especially when you honor a 99 cent sale and can't even get an appreciative feedback for your loss.

Message 255 of 333
latest reply