cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers not leaving feedback

camille46
Enthusiast

I have about nine buyers who did not leave a feedback.  I even emailed them and politely reminded them to do so.  I take pride in how I wrap the items I ship and I am very descriptive about what I am selling.  So I do not understand if this is a regular problem.  I leave my feedback immediately for them upon receipt of their funds and my shipping.  I even tried delaying my feedback for a few to see if they responded first.  I have had not complaints from any of these buyers.  What's up??????

Message 1 of 333
latest reply
332 REPLIES 332

Re: Buyers not leaving feedback

If i were you i would go to ebay applications and pay for feedback reminder. It helps collect a lot more feedback.  I sell 100s of items a month. I'm lucky if 25-30 of those sales get feedback. I tend to leave buyer's immediate feedback after they pay. Only because i get the rare **bleep** who throws a fit because i havent left postive feedback. I always leave sellers i buy from feedback. I wish buyers would do the same for me. Like people have said on here. Feedback decides a lot on ebay.

Message 181 of 333
latest reply

After my first 20 or so sales with no feedback left, I stopped leaving feedback until the buyer does. Approximately 30% now leave feedback & as soon as they do I give a positive feedback pointing out & thanking them for leaving the feedback. Not certain if that is a good solution but it is the only tactic which seems to work...somewhat.

Message 182 of 333
latest reply

I also leave feedback as soon as I post item.

When I first started selling it bothered me that not all my buyer's left feedback, however, I have had some who wrote to me after receiving items to say thank you and that they could see I went to a lot of trouble to pack and post quickly.

As a buyer I always leave mostly positive feedback. If I'm not so impressed I don't leave any star ratings and say "Received today Thank you". I do this because as a seller myself I know the effort majority of sellers go to, in order to send an item. 

I have had buyers come back even when they haven't left feedback. The main purpose as a seller is to sell things and give the best service possible.If we do that we have accomplished what we're here for. Me thinks..

Message 183 of 333
latest reply

I have 70+ buyers that have not left feedback. I leave feedback as soon as I ship the item. They usually don't even email and say they have received it or anything. 

Message 184 of 333
latest reply

About 5 years ago a buyer left a negative feedback. Not about my item. It read: "Seller Did Not Leave Feedback". 

Message 185 of 333
latest reply

I'm done with ebay myself also..too much in fees..the only reason i keep my account is for buying..
Message 186 of 333
latest reply

Same here, give instant feedback and get nothing back......also, 1 neg from a buyer trying to get free stuff (and his account shows that he does this) and your percentage goes way down, others have hundreds and hundreds of negatives a have a higher percentage, they need to hire people with brains!

Message 187 of 333
latest reply

I know there are many out there, buyers and sellers, who hate this topic and wish it would just go away. Hopefully this will let them see it from our, the sellers', perspective. Now that eBay has implemented this long period of time in which buyers have to return an item (14 days!) I feel I need to leave money in my Paypal account through this time span before transferring said money to my bank account, unless a buyer leaves positive feedback before this period is up. There are times I could really use that money in my bank account, rather than just sitting out there on standby in my Paypal account.

When I first became an eBay member, feedback leaving and receiving was the norm. Now it is the exception. I count roughly 1 in every 8 buyers leave feedback. I don't think this is a coincidence. In the early days, eBay used to really promote the use of feedback as a valuable part of their whole model. They have stopped doing that. I believe this is why members leave feedback so infrequently.

Come on eBay! Some changes are not progress.

Message 188 of 333
latest reply

I think we should all contact ebay and ask them to add a simple rule.

No feedback = Positive feedback after a certain period of time.

Message 189 of 333
latest reply

This topic about 'Buyers not leaving Feedback" - I have to jump in here. Most of my 100% Feedback is from buying. As soon as I win an auction - I pay!  That in itself deserves a Positive Feedback from the seller. There was a - time many moons ago - that when you paid fast you got a Positive. Now, it's getting to be about 50/50. One half will leave a Positive as soon as you pay, the other half you have to wait until you get the item - contact the seller - request a Positive Feedback. And, even then, about half of that crowd will not respond, or they reply with some smart a-- gripe about having to leave one. I've struggled for over 1 1/2 decades to get sellers to leave me a Positive. Just recently, I have finally given up. If they do not want to give me a Positive for being a prompt buyer - then they do not get a Positive from me. I'm tired of fighting them for it. I think 16 years of putting up with these type of sellers is enough.

Message 190 of 333
latest reply

As I a buyer I have always left positive feedback. However, in the last few months I have had several sellers that don't leave positive feedback even after I leave positive feedback on the transaction. I never had a problem with sellers that waited until I leave positive feedback for them first. Just to make sure that everything is satisfactory and the transaction is truly completed. In fact,  eBay allows sellers to set up automated feedback that  triggers once positive feedback is received from buyer. So it seems that is should be simple.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/sm-pro-preferences.html

My policy now is to look and see if the seller is leaving regular recent feedback for their past buyers. If it looks like they are not fullfiling that step, then I withhold my feedback on the transaction. Treat them like any other store. I don't leave feedback for Target or Walmart, when I buy from them.

But sellers that follow the right process and leave feeback for buyers. I will continue to leave feedback for them. Speaking as someone who also sells on eBay, the sellers deserve positive feedback.

Message 191 of 333
latest reply

I have 26 ebay selling transactions in a row with no feedback.  Sellers' feedback is really the only feedback that matters, but I do leave buyers feedback immediately, positive even if they take forever.  But I sell on Amazon mainly, and there the feedback is on only about 15% of transaction, and that is consistent.  In talking with other sellers, they have told me that buyers are looking at feedback less and less when they buy, so they aren't leaving any either.

Message 192 of 333
latest reply

I do not think it matters if you are a buyer or seller. Feed back should be manditory on both ends and Ebay should make it a step in the process. Ebay told me I can be in trouble for contacting a member requesting them to leave feedback. Feedback benefits us all in buying and selling. Just my .02

Message 193 of 333
latest reply

AS A BUYER AND SELLER IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO RECIEVE APPROPRIATE FEEDBACK. IT WOULD HELP WITH ALL AELLERS. THERE SHOULD'T BE ANY AREA TO ENTER FEEDBACK IF IT IS NOT MANDATORY. THOES WHO CHOOSE NOT TO LEAVE ANY FEEDBACK, SHOULD'T BE ALLOWED TO USE EBAY. IT CAN'T BE A DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD AGAINST YOU IF YOUR CUSTOMER DOENS'T SEND ANY...

Message 194 of 333
latest reply

There should be some level of insitance from Ebay over this. They are quick to restrict an account as a Seller based on feedback. As a new seller I have sold 13 items, so far I have 3 feedback. Buyers dislike buying from a low feedback seller, those who do, dont leave feedback. I feel very limited and restricted by those that dont leave feedback. Ebay should be doing more to support new businesses. 

Message 195 of 333
latest reply