cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A message to Jordan Sweetnam

Dear Mr. Sweetnam - I would like to wish you Good Luck and welcome back to eBay. I read in an article that you posted that you wanted to hear feedback from sellers. I have been with eBay for 20 plus years now and I used to have a wildly successful business. Since 2006 my sales have have dramatically decreased and they continue to be lower every year. My suggestion, and I'm sure many others will agree, would to maybe rectify the following issues

Search Engine Change: A word search type search and not the current way of searching on eBay.

Payment: Back to the Paypal and other options. Let people opt out of the Managed Payments and then get rid of it.

IT: Expand the operations to show all of our searches whether adding addition memory or cloud memory

Advertising:  Get rid of the advertising running through our listings.

Promotions:  Get rid of promoted listings

GTC:  Get rid of Good till Cancel and bring back the other options of listing times.

Returns:  Let the sellers decided their return policies.

Duplicates: The listings from the Chinese of duplicate listings are bad. Also the faux pricing of .99 and then the listings show 14.99 and up. (.99 are for the instructions or ? )

Delivery:  Get rid of the guarantee delivery. The post office doesn't guarantee delivery except on the expensive shipping option.

Make nice with Google and work things out with them.

I may be a dreamer, but I think these things would definitely help. I have many other issues that I could list, but this would be a great start.

Sincerely, 

Bob Sellars

bobbyshabgups

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: A message to Jordan Sweetnam

@dirk12955 wrote:

Now we're creaming that we're going to lose it.   

I assume you meant "screaming"

as in, "Screaming Eagles"

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

And it was way too late to edit.

I swear, I can spell. I just can't type.
Message 17 of 25
latest reply

@dirk12955 wrote:
And it was way too late to edit.

I swear, I can spell. I just can't type.

ditto 🙂

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

@bobbyshangups wrote:

Dear Mr. Sweetnam - I would like to wish you Good Luck and welcome back to eBay. I read in an article that you posted that you wanted to hear feedback from sellers. I have been with eBay for 20 plus years now and I used to have a wildly successful business. Since 2006 my sales have have dramatically decreased and they continue to be lower every year. My suggestion, and I'm sure many others will agree, would to maybe rectify the following issues

Search Engine Change: A word search type search and not the current way of searching on eBay.

Payment: Back to the Paypal and other options. Let people opt out of the Managed Payments and then get rid of it.

IT: Expand the operations to show all of our searches whether adding addition memory or cloud memory

Advertising:  Get rid of the advertising running through our listings.

Promotions:  Get rid of promoted listings

GTC:  Get rid of Good till Cancel and bring back the other options of listing times.

Returns:  Let the sellers decided their return policies.

Duplicates: The listings from the Chinese of duplicate listings are bad. Also the faux pricing of .99 and then the listings show 14.99 and up. (.99 are for the instructions or ? )

Delivery:  Get rid of the guarantee delivery. The post office doesn't guarantee delivery except on the expensive shipping option.

Make nice with Google and work things out with them.

I may be a dreamer, but I think these things would definitely help. I have many other issues that I could list, but this would be a great start.

Sincerely, 

Bob Sellars

bobbyshabgups

@bobbyshangups 

As a buyer, I definitely agree with getting rid of the search manipulation that the China sellers do...

"The faux pricing of .99 and then the listings show 14.99 and up. (.99 are for the instructions or ? )"

If this behavior doesn't anger/frustrate/"pixx" off buyers....I don't know what would.  I do my best to avoid those listings but it's hard to have to sift through them.

As for the Advertising:  Get rid of the advertising running through our listings...We all know that isn't going to happen.  It's probably too lucrative of a thing for them to axe it...I don't know how many sellers would be willing to pay extra NOT to have those ads on their listings...maybe that could be an option?

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

Don't want to pay extra for anything. I pay enough money now for a service I don't get anymore. My listings get so few views unless I hashtag the **bleep** out of them every day, but I don't have the time to sit on the computer all day to do that. The Faux pricing has to stop too. It's not right, it's not fair
Message 20 of 25
latest reply

@bobbyshangups wrote:
Don't want to pay extra for anything. I pay enough money now for a service I don't get anymore. My listings get so few views unless I hashtag the **bleep** out of them every day, but I don't have the time to sit on the computer all day to do that. The Faux pricing has to stop too. It's not right, it's not fair

@bobbyshangups 

And it's annoying as all hell too.  It serves no purpose for eBay to allow these types of sellers to get away with doing this.  How does annoying potential buyers help their site or their sellers here? 

I know one person in particular that refuses to buy here because of this one annoying tacit that these types of sellers use...and get away with!  I tried reporting them under "search manipulation" and nothing was ever done to any of the listings that I reported.

Uh, Jordan...hope you're reading this!

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Several things can happen: The board members who are activist investors are pushing for the split up of the company. They then take the money from the sales of the other and reinvest into ebay to make it better. The other thing they could consider is selling off everything. The first requires long term goals, the second involves a quick make cash and run.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

There are soooooo many issues that have been allowed to rum amok in the last few years, and I don't know how long it would take to fix or if they are even going to try. I haven't heard anything from the powers that be since Weinig (and others left) or resigned. It would be nice to hear what some of the short and long term goals are going to be, and the timeline that they are shooting for. There are a lot of disgruntled sellers (and buyers) out there that I'm sure would like to know.

I Sure hope Jordan is reading this too!
Message 23 of 25
latest reply

@bobbyshangups wrote:
There are soooooo many issues that have been allowed to rum amok in the last few years, and I don't know how long it would take to fix or if they are even going to try. I haven't heard anything from the powers that be since Weinig (and others left) or resigned. It would be nice to hear what some of the short and long term goals are going to be, and the timeline that they are shooting for. There are a lot of disgruntled sellers (and buyers) out there that I'm sure would like to know.

I Sure hope Jordan is reading this too!

@bobbyshangups 

laughingSmiley Very HappySmiley LOL

They are sooo busy fixing glitches on this site...I don't think they have the time to fix these other issues around here.

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Yes, that's probably a full time job. I'm so s sick of hearing the words glitch, hiccup, whistleblower, and impeach I just wanna scream. I just hope it all works out in the end
Message 25 of 25
latest reply