cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ientifying Old Model Cars

I see many posts of Model Cars where the Seller does not know what it is . How may I help identifying these Cars and who made them ? RSVP 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Ientifying Old Model Cars

If you know this information, just send the seller a message and give them the information. I suggest that you be 100% sure of the information you are providing first, though. 

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@hupp03 

Agree with @gkn29 

And please be VERY humble if & when you message a seller.

"Just wanted to pass on the info, your choice to include it or not" , "might hep you to price it higher & earn more on the sale", kind of message..

You might not always get a thank you or a kind reply, you may even get a nasty "mind your own business" reply and be blocked so be prepared for that. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I often get a "thank you" but the seller doesn't change anything which I find to be funny.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@gkn29 wrote:

I often get a "thank you" but the seller doesn't change anything which I find to be funny.

@gkn29 

LOL

Why am I'm not surprised.

I got a huge Thank you from a seller once.

She had a bag listed as just "Purple Balenciaga" and I messaged her in detail that she had a 2004 color that was very valuable to collectors and if she included that color name in the title she could get at least double if not triple the price from a collect as this is a sought after item.

I included proofs that I authenticated this brand on another site and a link to the color charts, years etc.. So she would know I wasn't some rando that didn't know what I was talking about.

She was thrilled- she changed the title, description and price.

I checked back a few weeks later as I put the bag on my watchlist; it sold for 2 1/2 times the price that she initially had it listed. 

I was happy for her.. 

That's one way it can go LOL But I have also seen it backfire for some.

With snotty replies and blocked from that seller's listing..

One just must be careful and approach them in a specific way- they way we would want to be informed of our own item I suppose. 

CHEERS

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I just told a seller that his title said 16gb RAM when the listing clearly was for 8gb RAM and said it in the description.

He said "You are right!"...but never changed it.

The only reason I pointed it out to him is because I nearly purchased the item. Most likely this will result in a very upset buyer.

"You can lead a horse to water..."

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

UMMM , I've been building Models since I was about 4 with my Father . I moved on to self built . I switched to strictly CARS in 1958 . I am offering free help . I am unable to search every ad . I can help ! How dots out onto the Community on EBay ? I've done what  you suggested . Somehow this method is lacking . I don't know every scale or Model . "Surprisingly enough" very many I do identify  ..lol.. God Bless

Message 7 of 7
latest reply