cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Way to Sell Diecast - Hot Wheels, Etc.

Hi Community!

Need some help.  

Listing Hot Wheels, Johnny Lightning & other Diecast for a friend whose brother was a collector.

(He was killed and now she has to settle his estate...not fun for anyone)

Most are from 2000, 2001, 2002, some from the 90s.  I have 7 large boxes to list.  

With eBay fees being the way they are, I can't list individual cars for less than $1.  I've put "best offer" on most listings so far, but does that turn away buyers if the starting price is too high?

What is the best way to list?  By series?  By year? Lots - Collector # XXX - XXX?

After doing some research, it would seem long term collectors are looking for "variations", errors or other rare items.  

Any advice /suggestions would be appreciated!!!

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Best Way to Sell Diecast - Hot Wheels, Etc.

Got about 800 hot wheels trying to sale them all even got some from 68-69 all the way up.

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

Original redlines are worth alot of money. Remember, these were ONLY made in the USA or Hong Kong. If they say another country, it's new **bleep**. If you sell them, never list new stuff with old stuff.
Message 17 of 24
latest reply

We also need to sell a Nascar Diecast collection and we had no clue how to go about it. Your post was so helpful. We also would like to see your pics of your groupings if you could forward them. Thanks so much.
Message 18 of 24
latest reply

ebay buyers expect delivery. That wouldn't work.
Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 19 of 24
latest reply

@yearsofcollecting wrote:

Hi Community!

Need some help.  

Listing Hot Wheels, Johnny Lightning & other Diecast for a friend whose brother was a collector.

(He was killed and now she has to settle his estate...not fun for anyone)

Most are from 2000, 2001, 2002, some from the 90s.  I have 7 large boxes to list.  

With eBay fees being the way they are, I can't list individual cars for less than $1.  I've put "best offer" on most listings so far, but does that turn away buyers if the starting price is too high?

What is the best way to list?  By series?  By year? Lots - Collector # XXX - XXX?

After doing some research, it would seem long term collectors are looking for "variations", errors or other rare items.  

Any advice /suggestions would be appreciated!!!

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

How do u know which ones ate treasure/super hunt? 

I am in process of organizing an enormous collection 100,000+  diecast collection and I'm not sure of the best way to do so. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

What's the best way for me to sell over Hotwheels  matchbox and Johnny Lighting 

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

thank you , uummm , same here ! thats sounds great to me . Iv'e been banging my brain on how to do this . AND YOU R right about hot wheels being everywhere 🙂
Message 24 of 24
latest reply