cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

Hahahahahaha!!!  This is the cat we need on the Foray!!!  Isn't he just awesome?

(actually, I think you can hear this cat think......he's really miffed at his master/mistress for dressing him in the 'flying box') Smiley Very Happy

Myah just loves her new bed.  I bet she had one where she came from because she got into this one in no time at all.   Since she was a breeder kitty, maybe she had something similar for her and her babies.  Awwwwww

That's what I said when I saw the time on your post........Rootie's running late!!!

I get to go grocery shopping tomorrow:-)

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1141 of 3,155
latest reply

Can you do my shopping too?  I need cat food, dog food, veggies, tp and laundry soap.  Thanksyouareswell!

Two mornings in a row of running late - just did not want to get out of bed this morning.  Maybe need a few days off, ya think?

Dh got Q's blankie washed - looks ever so much better.  Q is now distributing fur on it again.

Rain.  Need I say more?

productive-cat.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1142 of 3,155
latest reply

Guess we shouldn't have done that mini-foray on a Thursday!

tiredcat.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1143 of 3,155
latest reply

Goof off day became blow my nose day.  Allergies real bad.  Amazing how tired they make you feel.  Or maybe it was Thursday's foray.

Didn't make it in last night.  Got an interesting phone call from back home.  I wonder sometimes what I have stamped on my forehead.  Watched Hansel and Gretel for a distraction.

Have a good week-end Rootie.   

Message 1144 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh it is going to be interesting tomorrow......

Message 1145 of 3,155
latest reply

Can't wait to hear - I'm all ears!

Busy, busy weekend - how come those all happen when what I really want to do is curl up on the couch with a book?  Maybe I need to plan my life better (or everyone else's!).

Didn't help that the smoke alarm decided to give us it's "end of life" warning at 2 a.m. and, of course, it's mounted where I can't reach it without a stool and I couldn't find my stool (it was in the guest rooom, duh) and so the whole household was up way too early and I can really write a run on sentence.

have a great Monday - we love Mondays!  I'll keep telling myself that. 

Remind you of anyone?

4319674543_6e69ec5e5f.jpg

Message 1146 of 3,155
latest reply

Ugh, way too long a day yesterday.

But I get a new windshield today!  Stupid rocks.

9e853de5cded5f40dff248957ce194c6.jpg

Message 1147 of 3,155
latest reply

SPOCK!  Who can forget SpockSmiley Wink

And the paperwork kitty is so cute!!  Maybe she is playing hide n' seek with her friends.

Rootie, sounds like you have a lot of commotion going on.  Don't you just hate it when the smoke detectors keep up with that little beep of theirs?  What gets my blood pumping is when one goes off in the middle of the night.  The alarm downstairs, sets off the upstairs one in our bedroom.  Not sure if heat and humidity affect them or what.   Did you get behind a gravel truck or are people throwing rocks at you now?

Was not an interesting day at all yesterday.  Reported for duty, sat and waited for name to be called; it wasn't.  Instructed to wait, nothing else going on so was sent home.  Sheesh!  Nada today and tomorrow too.  I bet Friday!!!!

Message 1148 of 3,155
latest reply

Bummer on it not being an interesting day - hope you took a book or something.

Yeah, a truck threw a rock on the highway and got my windshield.  Just a chip I wouldn't have worried so much but it started a crack that was growing right up the middle of the glass.  Figured I'd better get it replaced before winter.

Long, long days this week.  Maybe I'll sneak a day off soon.

But the weather was so pretty yesterday!  About 68 and sunny - I just wanted to stay outside all day and play.  I didn't, but I wanted to.

And away I go - let's see who can irritate me today.  Smiley Wink

Went to go to bed last night and Q has all cuddled up between the comforter and sheet right on my side of the bed.  And he seems to weigh about 4x as much when he's sleeping!

3ae96c098223c060ff9c1d11aa54ca40.jpg

Message 1149 of 3,155
latest reply

Looks as though I get to try again tomorrow.  Didn't want to go grocery shopping anyway.   Oh yes, having something to read is a must!

DH was changing the batteries in our smoke alarms today and discovered one that is not working properly.  When testing it, it does set the others off though. 

Myah only weighs about 8 lbs, but that is enough weight to make it a bit of a botheration to get turned over.

Had an ale with a friend today.  Sat out on the deck and had a nice visit while just enjoying the companionship and the fresh air.

So, did you have an irritation-free day?

Message 1150 of 3,155
latest reply

Barb&Midg1.JPG

Barbie?  Don't turn around, but I think there is a pirate dance-hall girl in the tub behind us.

Message 1151 of 3,155
latest reply

Trying to imagine what an irritation free day looks like.

Bummer on the sitting around - that gets old fast.  Do I need to send you groceries?

Sunday night is a super moon and an eclipse - have to remember to go out and look.

The Queen is about Myah's size - feels like a lot more when she decides to be on my lap and stay entrenched.  Q, on the other hand, can't sit on my lap - he ends up half on my lap and half on the couch.  Or he sits in my lap and gets his head up by my ear so he can chew on my hair.  Silly cat.

And why am I up so early?

I thought this was appropriate for Fall.  This guy reminds me of Q.

h1E23FD7B.jpg

Message 1152 of 3,155
latest reply

How did I miss the Barbie pic?  That is sooooooo cute!  Now I want to be a pirate for Halloween!

Message 1153 of 3,155
latest reply

Must have been a fun day!

h1B3DC4A9.jpg

Message 1154 of 3,155
latest reply

Busting a gut here......where is that kitty's ears??Smiley Very Happy   I want that cat!!!!

It has been awhile since I was in here!!

Need to get an email off to you.

Another morning of sitting and waiting.......and then.......go home.   Last week of this nonsense.  I get to stay home tomorrow.

Supposed to be a pretty rainy day and get a cool down to boot!  Just hope I can get my exercise done in the morning.

Catch you later.  Maybe we can plan a foray this weekend?

Message 1155 of 3,155
latest reply