cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

IMG024.JPG

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1081 of 3,155
latest reply

IMG023.JPG

Can't rotate this one, sorry.  Good time to do your neck stretches this morning, ha! 

I love her stockings....I need to find them!

Message 1082 of 3,155
latest reply

Yeah for building your own "cool" Barbie!  I like it!  And eys, stockings would be perfect for her.

Yeah, it was a very early, very long day yesterday.  I think I woke my goose up - he was pretty cranky when he came to say hi.  Then again, I was slightly cranky.

I got to get in and get my eyes checked, thanks for reminding me.

Going to be another long, hot day today.  At least it's nice when I take breaks and go for walks.

Apparently I have a weirded sized sliding door out to the patio.  Been trying to replace the screen and finding one that fits has been a pain.  And the old one is so bent it can't even be rescreened and put back in.  I'll figure it out.

I know what tomorrow is.

Boss said he was had a weird nightmare involving work.  Never happens to me.

nightmares.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1083 of 3,155
latest reply

Oooooo I like that cat!!!  Looks a dickens!!  Evil little kitty.

My neighbor had a very difficult time trying to find a replacement door for their patio.  Some odd size I guess. 

Awww, that is one devoted goose...a little cranky, but devoted.  heart   Would have made the day so early in the morning.

I don't think I have ever had nightmares about my work, but I would have dreams about being behind or forgetting something.   I guess that could be a nightmare.

Tomorrow is busy....that is what tomorrow is.  Should never have scheduled all these appts in one week.  What was I thinking?  I know.  Get them all over with, be done and free next week:-)

I look at the doll in the pic.....she is much cuter now with her new haircut and outfit.

Message 1084 of 3,155
latest reply

Yeah, he did kind of make my day.  Guess he knows the sound of my car.

Got to work yesterday and immediately noticed the loud screeching coming from my server.  Not good.  Things didn't improve.  I finally got us back up and running at abou 6.  Why can't connections be in nice, convienent, not under my desk or up by the ceiling places?

Got home and a hot air balloon was going by (we're on the flight path) really, really, low.  They just barely made it to the nearby ball field to set down.  That's the third one I remember recently that had to do an emergency set down.  My pup hates those things, they scare her with all the noise.

Today will be better.  It's Wednesday!  Half way through all those appointment!

party-cat.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1085 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh ho, I want that cat!!  Balloons and all!  Love his markings.

Your goose reminds me of a goose mom had.  She had 4.  A big white one she named 'Mathilda' could always recognize the car we had.  When dad would still be coming down the highway, that goose would recognize the car and start honking. (We lived on a gravel road on a farm). Mom said she always knew when I was coming home from school because the goose would start in honking.  We really don't know how she knew the car at such a distance unless it was by sight because it was too far away to be heard when she would 'announce' the car.  I had forgotten all about that memory until you mentioned your goose recognizing the sound of your car.  Cool huh?

Was going to mow today, but was just too tired and not in the mood.  Maybe tomorrow, before the high heat and humidity make a return.

Message 1086 of 3,155
latest reply

Isn't he pretty?

Love the goose story.  My sister had a goose-it wsa the protector of the backyard.  Wouldn't even let the meter reader in!

We had rain and thunderstorms yesterday - it ws kind of nice for a change.  And don't worry - the yardwork will wait for you.

Off to work early again - ready for this week to be over.  but I don't wanna go to work!

Animal-memes-sometimes-i-dont-want-to-move-it.jpg

Message 1087 of 3,155
latest reply

Hahaha!  Don't you love the face with black holes for eyes??  God has to have a sense of humor.

Geese can be a pretty wicked watch dog.  I have heard their bite can be pretty painful.

Got the yard mowed today and am I glad to have it done.  No way was I going to do it on my goof-off Friday or alternate goof-off day Saturday.  When the cat is away, I like to have as many goof off days as possible.

I don't blame you!  Hope you can have a good week-end recovery.  One more day to go.  When c.o.b. comes tomorrow(today),  you will be flying out the door.  What is the first thing you're going to do?

Message 1088 of 3,155
latest reply

Yeah on lawn mowing!

yeah for Friday!  Out the door - running late!

cat+with+opposable+thumbs.jpg

Message 1089 of 3,155
latest reply

Did we go on a foray this week-end and if we did, I hope it was a dilly!!  Since I don't seem to remember it, I think perhaps we need another one.  Don't suppose you would be willing to do some fairy dust and smoke attacks on some nasty old grumruck would you?   OK great!  Let's go!

Message 1090 of 3,155
latest reply

Busy weekend - ended up back in the office for awhile to finish server repairs - had to order a new hard drive and I wanted to get it in.

Another foray sounds wonderful!  Can we do the really big red and purple glitter bombs this time?  I've got a really good source for them and we'll get that nasty grimruck.  Maybe we'll mix up the glitter with the stink bombs? 

And FYI we did have a foray this weekend (a short one) and we had a blast!  Don't you remember getting the green fairy dust all over your nails?  DIdn't you wonder where it came from?

0f082851a416fbcd2c96e0534fbea265.jpg

Message 1091 of 3,155
latest reply

I was wondering where that came from!!  Most of it was on my toenails!   Found some on the q-tip after cleaning my ears too.

Glitter with the stink bombs is perfect!!  And red is definitely the right color for this grimruck.  Yep, grimruck will be taken in by the pretty glitter and will receive a good dose of stink bomb.  Oh we will squeel with delight!

Having to go back to the office made for a short week-end, but better to get it done before Monday!

I didn't go for my run this morning.  Just wasn't up to it.  So, got done with all my other 'chores' so could come in here early.  No watering tonight because of good rain Saturday!

Church picnic yesterday and that was a lot of fun.  Hadn't been to one for several years....it is usually an annual event.  Grilled hotdogs and hamburgers and all sorts of other sides.  There was plenty of ice-cream too.  I sent you a bowl through the teleporter, did you get it?Smiley Tongue

Message 1092 of 3,155
latest reply

Thank you for the ice cream!  But you forgot the sprinkles.

Running late today - argh!  One of those nights I just couldn't get to sleep so slept too late. 

Just going to leave this here and jet out the door.

f43108e7d3c6c1fa0c37479ef4fce082.jpg

Message 1093 of 3,155
latest reply

You're a funny girl in a funny world and I'm so happy about that!   That is one cute gif and also a pretty funny one!

They must have kicked Barbie out somewhere along the way.

No sprinkles??  Bet your little bunnies got to them.  In fact, the one riding on the trunk looks guilty.  Bet your sprinkles are hid in the trunk.

Message 1094 of 3,155
latest reply

I KNEW you wouldn't forget the sprinkles!  Bet they are in the trunk!

Knew you'd like the bunnies - they are so cute.  We used to live at the end of a long gravel road and had what I called "suicide bunnies."  They were actually jackrabbits and would race along side the car and then dart in front of you - hard to miss them.

Crazy week - CYE (not yet, haven't done it yet).

Here's where Barbie went!

Come-on-barbie-lets-go-party-meme.jpg

Message 1095 of 3,155
latest reply