cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

was wondering how the winged one is doing...flying yet? Fingers crossed it is.

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 571 of 3,155
latest reply

Yeah, this is pretty awful.  And I can't find a way to adjust the layout.  You know, giving users options on how they want to see things is good.

And I'm up way too early and grumpy.

sleep - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 572 of 3,155
latest reply

Missed Mark's posts in there somehow - think it may have to do with the funky layout?

No need to be scared Mark - I have a 20 lb attack cat who stands guard for me!

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 573 of 3,155
latest reply

I guess will have to get used to it just like all the other changes that happen in life. (but when they are not really needed and have enough to deal with.....)

Mark ~ It's not Rootie you have to watch out so much for; it's those nasty Grimrucks.  You would probably get along with her cat just fine.  If you happen to hear a wooshing sound and crazy laughter, then you do need to stay low.  That is when she is on her broom.

Little Claudia died about 6 weeks later.  Not sure what went wrong as she was doing pretty good.  I think she had some other neurological problems(probably due to her accident) that could not be tended to.  It broke my heart.  For certain reasons I did not discuss it much in here.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 574 of 3,155
latest reply

Ha Shirls!  I put my broom in stealth mode and you'll never hear me coming!

Was much fun at our house last night - baseball game on one TV and the football game on the other.  And we won both! 

And it's Friday and I'm ready for the weekend to be here.  I love three day weekends but hate short weeks.

Running late already - go figure.

And I think this is actually true.

wpid-attack-of-the-funny-animal-pictures-dumpaday-24 - Copy.jpeg

Message 575 of 3,155
latest reply

Remember when you are in stealth mode you need to stop that crazy laughterSmiley LOL

The 2 games running simultaneously must have been a hoot at your house.  Can about imagine the celebration when won both games.

Oh, I believe that is exactly how cats and dogs behave when everyone is at work.  I remember all to well when had 3 roommates.  Among us, we had 2 cats and 2 dogs and they were alone when we were all at work.  Would find some interesting things, but most of all what would happen to the Christmas tree and ornamentsSmiley LOL  Party time!!  When we had Ginger and Sadie, we always left one of them in charge and that seemed to work out pretty well. (right)

Went to Hobby Lobby today in search of fabric to make bedding for this doll bed I am working on.  Bought the bed several years ago.  I think a dad made it eons ago for his little girl.  It is a wooden bed.  I was going to take it to the church yard sale but decided to repaint it.  Going to make a mattress and bedding for it.  If I don't like it when finished, will sell it at consignment.  Gave it a coat of paint yesterday and the final coat today.  Also found some cool stuff to add to the doll creation I worked on a week+ ago.  I want to make a box for her so am thinking on the background for it.

Tomorrow is the yard sale, so think I will go assist with that for a few hours.  Tons of stuff, so they decided to run it later than usual.  Hopefully DH will mow the yard while I am goneSmiley Wink

Message 576 of 3,155
latest reply

You would probably get along with her cat just fine

I hope so, I'm NOT looking for any more cat fights..

...I was beaten recently by 2 of my kitties.

one kitty I was trying to put in a crate to take it to the vet, the 2nd one ran outside, (the little manx) and I kinda like pranced on her..in order to catch her, and boy, did she ever give it to me..Smiley Sad bites and all!

I got lucky, DH has gone to the emergency room twice for 2 different cats, one was a bite on the finger the other time she almost lost an eye..never seen an eye bleed b4.

Bless your heart (((Shirls))) with what you did with Claudia..that had to be heartbreaking for you.

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 577 of 3,155
latest reply

Soooo...dudes don't fly on brooms, what then do I need for flight?  Smiley Frustrated

A magic carpet?

Message 578 of 3,155
latest reply

Hi MarkSmiley Very Happy

Glad I decided to swing by and see what, if anything was going on over here.

That is kinda scarey to get scratched in the eye like that.  OUCH!  So glad the eye itself was not injured.  Cats have some real rakers for claws.  I have been clawed in the lip before.  Cat had my lip pulled way out.....gaah!!  Still have a little scar there.  My other Siamese was a real dickens.  Used to tease her for the fun of it and we would really go at it.  My hands and arms were always scratched up but she was my buddy and defender.

My heart was broke to smithereens over little Claudia.  Have not cried so hard in a long time.

Oh yeah, you could get a magic carpet!!  Good thinking!  That would work perfectly!  Woo hoo!  We may have to invite you along on one of our practice missions.  We don't want the Grimrucks to know we may have another keeper of the skies.  Be prepared when flying over tree tops, lines, and lakes.

Message 579 of 3,155
latest reply

Ouch Mark - that sounds painful! Cats get careless with their claws when they are scared. Let's see, a flying carpet would work just make sure you have the one equipped with the smoke option. It's so much fun doing a little skywriting! Shirls, we'll have to check with the fairies and make sure they know he's a friendly. Oh, and the sheriff - she's been a little sketchy since the last grimruck escapade. The Four swear there was no notice but I suspect a mole. Had a crazy busy weekend and then overslept this morning - bah! And so this is totally appropriate today! (oops - no nifty little toolbar again - back later with the pic!)

Message 580 of 3,155
latest reply

Now I can post it!  And Shirls CYE in about 10 minutes.

12c5_grumpy_kitty - Copy.jpg

Message 581 of 3,155
latest reply

Hated to miss alarm or oversleep for work.  Seems to put the whole day off kilter.

Did some burning this afternoon and then did some poison oak hunting.  Went on a little "deathCat Mad to poison oak spree".  After all that bending/stooping the low back is complaining.

Finished watching Sunshine Cleaning tonight, so late getting in.

I'll check my emailSmiley Happy

I like grumpy kitty, BTW.

Message 582 of 3,155
latest reply

yeah for getting rid of the poison stuff!  I pulled all the viney stuff out of the lilacs this weekend - tough little buggers.

Great morning so far - I was cutting up a pear for breakfast and dropped 1/4 of it on the floor.  Before I could get it, darn Q snagged it and took it away for his morning snack.  Weirdest cat - he loves fruit of any kind

Off early, got lots to do before next week and it ain't going to do itself.

Now doesn't this girl look comfy?

support - Copy.jpg

Message 583 of 3,155
latest reply

A cat that likes fruit!  Have never met one that would eat fruit.  Our Boston, Ginger just loved the stuff.  You had to be pretty quick to get something up from the floor before she would come charging in for it.

Awwww is that a little sweety or what?  Nice fit, so why notSmiley LOL

Lovely cool morning this morn.  Actually stayed out of doors for a while this morning after my morning walk.  Did a little more yardwork.  So nice!!  Fall is trying to get here, but the heat is refusing to give up.  90's tomorrow.  Ugh.  SICK OF IT!!! GAAH!! ENUFF IS ENUFF OK????  (that felt good)

Message 584 of 3,155
latest reply

work,work,work,work,work,work,work,work

We're having lovely weather - low 70s during the day, high 50s at night.  My favorite temperature setting!

Up too early so might as well get into work - bet I'll find something there to do!

And isn't this sweet?

crazy friends1 - Copy.jpg

Message 585 of 3,155
latest reply