cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

Gorgeous pic Shirls!

I like reading history but usually end up with novels on my "reading days."  I'd love to be a professional student, wouldn't much care about grades or more degrees - just being able to study anything that struck my fancy.  My idea of paradise!

Busy week and it's raining some more - so ready for spring!

Out the door early today, boss is back from vacation and I have tons of work for him to do!

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 46 of 3,155
latest reply

I can't believe how beautiful the Amarylis turned out this year!  It is late, but each flower is huge and beautious.  I keep it in a dark place in the basement(don't go in the basement) for a couple of months and then bring it up.  Supposed to bloom around Christmas time, but I got it upstairs a bit late and then it seemed to take a long time to 'sprout' some growth.  It was worth the wait though.

I think about taking a class or two just to keep on my toes.  It is fun being a student and would be more fun when not have to worry about grades(knowing myself tho, I would still probably strive to get a fair grade) or getting another degree.

Our cold stretch begins tomorrow.  Thursday will be an arctic blast again.  Took advantage of a nice today and cut back the honeysuckle.  It needed that done 2 years ago by the looks of all the dead stuff way inside.

Keeping your boss busy is a good way to keep him off your backSmiley Very Happy

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 47 of 3,155
latest reply

Amaryl4.JPG

Once they start, you can easily measure the days' growth.  The stalk itself would grow about 1/2" and towards the end,  about an inch daily.  These would be great plants for kids to watch grow. Sure took care of the winter dulldrums.

Message 48 of 3,155
latest reply

So awesome to have some Spring in your house during the winter!

We're supposed to get up to the mid-50s today - yesterday afternoon was gorgeous.  AND it's lighter earlier and is still light when I get home - Spring is on it's way!  Hooray!

Yeah, keeping the boss on his toes is a full-time occupation, but I rather enjoy it since I'm bossy.  🙂

Off to work early again today - come on vacation!

So reminds me of The Wonder Dog! (and also your earworm for the day)

stalking - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 49 of 3,155
latest reply

Night of all nights, the goblins are having a get together at midnight so gotta run.  It's going to be very cold too, so bundling up!

Baked a strawberry-blueberry pie today.  Oh my.

Message 50 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh shoot Shirls - was I supposed to return your spare broom before the goblin gathering?  Or was it before you met with the flying monkeys?

Was so pretty yesterday - no rain and up to about 60.  I had to go walk around outside several times and soak up the rays!

Got tons of work to do before getting away - how come EVERYTHING has to be done before I go?

Oh, I want a strawberry-blueberry pie!  Can you teleport that over here please?

And remember:

meds - Copy.jpg

Message 51 of 3,155
latest reply

I think you have had my spare broom since the heater went out on your other one.  I don't remember which rendevouz  that was.  I do know on one of the sharp turns I dropped the bottle.

I would be happy to teleport you a slice of pie, but I thought it was broke on your end and DH needed to fix it?  Sure would not want a scrambled piece of pie in there.  Maybe you could send the broom through if it is operational.  Fun to talk in code isn't it?

cat_hanging_on_door.jpg

Took my meds, now what?

Message 52 of 3,155
latest reply

I think the teleporter got fixed - why don't you try the pie first since I'll bet it would still taste good scrambled! Had to go search but, yes, I have the extra broom but I think right now it's busy dancing with the mop. Pretty sure I ended up with it while you were killing the pee-o-nees.  I think that cat took it's morning drugs in the evening. Might be a long night! I'll send you a new bottle when I return the broom - was it butterscotch schnapps or that really good tequila?

Message 53 of 3,155
latest reply

Dancing with the mop!!Smiley LOL  You crack me up!  Is it the kind of mop that has long hair or that spongy square head?  If I know my broom, it will want to sweep a long hair mop right off it's handle.  It was the butterscotch schnapps that slipped.  Was taking a nice long pull on the bottle and then a sharp turn came outta nowhere. Gremlins were out too. You know how it is when you don't have both hands on your broom. I don't think I flew the broom there when you made me sleep on your lawn and then I killed your pe-on-ies.  I rode my bike that time.  I brought the xtra broom for you when your heater went out.  I'm just pretty unanimous on that(shakes head).

If I am going to send you a piece of pie through the teleporter, I may as well put a nice dollop of cool whip on it for ya.   Back to my broom....I'd really like that one back.  It flies pretty smooth and besides, it has all it's bristles.  Makes a big difference in handling on long flights.  If the broom and the mop have become an 'item' at your house, perhaps send the mop through the teleporter first because that pie with cool whip is going to make one big mess. 

I think I will sleep good tonightSmiley Very Happy

Message 54 of 3,155
latest reply

cat_sleeping.jpg

Zonked

Message 55 of 3,155
latest reply

I love the zonked kitty!

And I'll believe you on the broom - I think I had a little too much butterscotch scnapps that night. 🙂

and please, no cool whip - I'm a purist, whipping cream or nothing!

All packed up and ready to go - working half day today and then GONE! 

But when I get back I'll tell you all about

control - Copy_2.jpg

Message 56 of 3,155
latest reply

Smiley LOL

Flipping your buttons in Red Square right?Smiley Wink

Porch light will be on.  Have a high ole time!  Don't do anything I wouldn't do.

Message 57 of 3,155
latest reply

badgirls.JPG

I sent a couple of the girls to watch over your place.

Message 58 of 3,155
latest reply

Thanks for the security squad Shirls!  But what do I do with the body of the teeny tiny burglar?

We had a great time - Red Square was a big hit!  Sprained my ankle the first day (of course) but put on an ace bandage and off we went!

Got to watch opening day of clam season - it was rainy and windy so we watched from the hotel window.  Tons of people out there though.

Continuing my vacation until tomorrow so I'm going back to bed!

lazy - Copy.jpg

Message 59 of 3,155
latest reply

Welcome home!!  So the sprain.......was that when you lost control?Smiley LOL

Opening day of clam season must be a fun one.   Would be fun just to set foot on a beach, ha!

The teeny burglar?  You could make a teeny box for it and a RIP stone from styrofoam and bring out next halloween.

We had one dilly of an ice storm.  Started as rain all day Sunday that eventually became an ice/sleet storm all through the night and then it snowed a good portion of the day today.  No body was moving much today.  State offices were closed.  We have about 2-3" of ice on the ground covered with snow.  Not sure how the roads will be tomorrow.  Have appt for service on the car in the morning.  I tried to call the place today to cancel and they were not open.  Supposed to get down to 9* tonight.  Crazy winter this year.  Was sure fun watching the birds go after the food we put out for them though.

Hope you had a good sleep today and are ready for the world tomorrow:-)

See ya later.

Message 60 of 3,155
latest reply