cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a Place to Post, Laugh........Vent, Unwind...........Share Chocolate

I think this might be a great place to kinda land and connect with a some friends.

@coastaltechsolution 

@silverstatetreasureboxes 

@downunder-61 

Can you please invite some folks to come and post and bring some snacks?  I think I will just keep 2 screens open and coastal picked the name of this place - "dingy falls"........so when ya need a little respite, please let me know to "dingy" and I will dingy over!

Katz

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 1 of 8,698
latest reply
8,697 REPLIES 8,697

Re: Need a Place to Post, Laugh........Vent, Unwind...........Share Chocolate

@evry1nositswindy wrote:

@policequilts It got noticeably cooler.  I checked the temperature and it went down 4 degrees but felt colder with the breeze.  We came inside before it went back to 'normal' and we had to turn on lights.  It wasn't pitch black but it was dark.  Before totality, we heard goats, roosters, and dogs.  When it went dark, it was so quiet.  No roosters crowing, no goats bleating, no birds singing, no chipmunks chipping. 

We only had 80% eclipse and it did get colder.

I swore that I was wearing sunglasses when I went into the house. It was dark but or a rainy day dark.

It's already in the 50's. I am going to start WEEDING my gardens.

This weekend will be in the 70's. Wooo Hooo !

I want to work on the flange of the mower wheel today and get the battery of the mower charged.

Message 8611 of 8,698
latest reply

@policequilts We will have temps in the 70s this weekend.  We have an antique show next weekend, so we will be selecting items and loading the trailer.   April is a hard show to fill my 4 booths.  May is the big 4 day extravaganza, so the better items are saved for that show.  With many customers having season passes, I really try to take different things every single month, usually with a 'theme'.   

If you are close to Ohio (or want to travel for a huge antique show), the extravaganza is amazing!  It happens in May and September.  Come see me!

https://www.facebook.com/SpringfieldAntiqueShow/

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8612 of 8,698
latest reply

Woo Hoo

It's in the mid 60's and I got 4 gardens weeded. First tote of weeds are in the compost pile.

The battery for the lawnmower is charged.

Can't really fixed the bushing/flange for the mower wheel. Trying to find the right measurements and will end up ordering it. I see that there are quite a few of the style I have.

Can't find the package that has the other size in it and the instructions. I know the instructions had both sizes of bushings/flanges.  Will need to see if I can find that darn thing in the garage.

Did I say :  I IS BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE.  ( no coats ).

A different butterfly went through.

Message 8613 of 8,698
latest reply

Got two more gardens weeded and another tote full of weeds in the compost pile.

I decided to work the back corner garden because I saw some thistle like dandelions. There was more than some. So glad that garden is done.

I killed a mosquito.  Ughhh !

I came across a cicada shell. Don't know if it's this year or last year shell.

I also go "yelled at" by a sandhill crane. I was busy on my hands and knees weeding the back corner garden. Then I stood up and I surprised the crane that was walking the corner of the cornfield where I was.  LOL

I saw that wood chuck and found it jumping up an area of the garage to get in.

Need to fix that.

I did find the paper work for that bushing/flange thing but no "comparable" part number. The number lead me to the tires I purchased, but there was one measure that I could use and compare to what I measured it as.  Got that ordered.

Tomorrow, it's suppose to rain and I have a late morning cleaning.

I

Message 8614 of 8,698
latest reply

Yesterday pressure washed the wife's car. Got some rain -x on the glass. Car and truck.

Put my rain gutters up on the garage. Maybe an inch of white coming Saturday, but they can handle that.

Picked up some small sticks, and small rocks in the yard.

As the temps were over 25 degrees above average, this was accomplished in a short sleeve shirt instead of the long sleeve flannel.

Message 8615 of 8,698
latest reply

Cool outside in the mid 40's.

There was rain during the night and some in the morning.

The sun is trying to come out among the dark clouds.

I started to work on another tote of clothing. I figure I will be doing that today.

Then the next few days it will be in the high 50's and 60's. I can do some gardening or go down to the farm and see if I can do any burning or cutting brush.

IT IS TRUE . . .

You wonder if it's natural that women go in groups to the bathroom.

I have noticed for a few weeks, every time I have to go to the bathroom, Dottie follows me in there and keeps me company.

Message 8616 of 8,698
latest reply

Yesterday's outdoor high temp displayed there at the bottom. Did not feel that warm. Maybe I did not reset from the day before. In the afternoon, as we headed for town, the car displayed 51 degrees.

The overnight winds had toppled 3 of 6 saw horses.

Today, after yesterday's rains, the fast-rising little stream is displaying signs of annoyance.

DSCF5123 (1024x764).jpg

Seems that we may hit 40 today with winds 20-30 MPH with gusts to 50. 

Some wet to be included. Looks like it will be an indoor day.

Got grapes yesterday to share with the chips, but grapes and chips may get blown away.

Gale force winds expected along the shores of lake Ontario.

Message 8617 of 8,698
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 

Nice to hear your not being blown away, we've had high winds as well as evidenced by my patio. It was hot yesterday close to 90*, I put all my flannel shirts away as the extreme heat will be here shortly. 

Went grocery shopping Thursday spent well over $300 again, so sick of this. I don't know how the younger ones do it, cuz they don't cook and plan meals like I do.

Busy day at thrift yesterday again, not slowing down, tons of tools and big tool boxes filled, power tools. I cleaned, tested and priced right, most sold.

Did get 5 pieces of Vaseline glass all free of chips and glows fantastic so I was excited to grab those. This stuff is a continuous collection of an estate that keeps coming in. Their shop inventory stickers are still on it and this has been going on for a couple of years. Whoever had this massive collection handled it with care. 

You should have seen me take it out to my shed in the sun, it was glowing all the way, lol.

How's the wife doing Jack?

Seen some chocolate covered raisins at the store and immediately thought of her!

Message 8618 of 8,698
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Yesterday's outdoor high temp displayed there at the bottom. Did not feel that warm. Maybe I did not reset from the day before. In the afternoon, as we headed for town, the car displayed 51 degrees.

Today, after yesterday's rains, the fast-rising little stream is displaying signs of annoyance.

DSCF5123 (1024x764).jpg

Got grapes yesterday to share with the chips, but grapes and chips may get blown away.

666   much annoyance, indeed 

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 8619 of 8,698
latest reply

@silverstatetreasureboxes  You may remember that I couldn't find an item I sold on 1/11--those little red needle threaders.   I found them today!  This morning I was taking inventory of some really large padded envelopes that I don't use often.  When I pulled them out, the threaders fell out!  They had fallen off my desk and into the envelope.

I contacted the buyer and she still wanted them.  I sent her similar threaders on 1/11, but refunded her.  She offered to pay for these, so I will create a listing for her.  I am so happy to have found them!  It was just driving me nuts.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8620 of 8,698
latest reply

@evry1nositswindy 

Yes I do remember that, well good for you! Your supposed to get bad weather this week, be careful.

Message 8621 of 8,698
latest reply

@shirleys809304 wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

DSCF5123 (1024x764).jpg

666   much annoyance, indeed 

@buyselljack2016 

Your home are saying you're a little devil.  😄

Message 8622 of 8,698
latest reply

Yesterday was a beautiful day.

Went over to my elderly couple client's and we ended up talking and planning on gardening plans.

Dottie and Fletcher got to go outside. ( no sign of Milo in the yard)

Worked on weeding the hay field garden.

It's almost 10am and it's 70*.

Getting the truck loaded with equipment to go down to the farm and start working on clearing brush.

Too windy to do some burning.

Message 8623 of 8,698
latest reply

Another beautiful day.  ( it's been a few days and the furnace hasn't had to kick in )

Yesterday, when I was at the farm, I sprayed the wild garlic mustard.

This is early to spray, but I am hoping since yesterday made it to the 80's that the spray should work, especially since today, the temperature in in the 70's. 

Today, was down at the farm and clearing out more of the brush.

I had 4 burn small piles going. They were piles that have been there for 2 years and I just wanted to finally get rid of them. It about 2pm when I had an area cleared out, but too late to do a bigger burn.

I did find a wood chuck front tooth.

There were a few more butterflies today.

Message 8624 of 8,698
latest reply

@silverstatetreasureboxes 

When it gets windy outside I try to stay inside 😊

I stopped at the thrift on the Army post today. My 1st time there. I bought a long sleeve dark flannel shirt for $2.  Not a very impressive place.

The wife !  thanks for asking. She's still kickin' but not real high, or my butt would be sore. Just made a run today to pick up inhalers for her. Now she can be inhaler in one hand, cigarette in the other. On the positive side........  after a long hiatus, .............. I have finally gotten her to use her nebulizer a couple of times a day the past  couple of weeks.

Guess I better get her some more chocolate covered raisins as a reward😂

Last trip out for her was not the best. She did get to go get her nails done, but before that was a CT chest scan. The "nail salon" was the incentive to get up to make the trip. Pulmonologist follow-up visit is next week, all of which will go in one ear, and out the other.  Smoking, lack of oxygen in lungs, thick blood, poor circulation, heart attack, stroke.

The scan went well, but getting there was an effort. The walk down the hallway after check-in required two rest stops. For the trip back to the entrance she gave in for a wheelchair ride. Before the trip down the hallway for the scan a wheelchair ride offer was met with .......  you're not funny😠  Did not get that with the ride back to the pickup/drop-off area.

Message 8625 of 8,698
latest reply