cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ELIMINATE CLUTTER from your life forever!

dr.declutter
Enthusiast
Hi everyone. I figured there had to be others out there in the millions of eBayers who want to eliminate clutter. So I decided to create a discussion thread and a "ME" page all about clutter and how to get rid of it and how to keep it out of our lives forever.

Personally I know my clutter problem took years to accumulate, and will take some time and effort to make things "normal" again. But I'm ready to dedicate myself to the effort. I'd like to discuss the tips and strategies necessary not just to eliminate clutter but to become the kind of person who does not ACCUMULATE CLUTTER in the first place! If you are interesting in creating a clutter-free life then let's talk!
Message 1 of 331
latest reply
330 REPLIES 330

nana*of*seven,
How did you determine which of your kids' art/creations stayed? I have quite a stack to go through, and I'm having a hard time deciding what I should let go of.
love, Rebekah
Message 211 of 331
latest reply

nana*of*seven
Enthusiast
fresh,
What I did because my kids are all grown is to have them come and get what they wanted.

I only kept a few pieces that were really special.

To me the real key was the question,what does it mean to them?
After I pass will they still cherish it as I did?

A good way to cherish their little art pictures was to frame them.
I also made little books for each of them .
We still have one that my husbands mom made for him.

Try to keep in mind the kids when they grow up won't want the clutter either.
Photobucket
Message 212 of 331
latest reply

Fresh~ The desks sound great! I like to make our school area new every year, so he will be excited too. Just like when my older girls were in public school, we didn;t buy new school clothes right away, because it was still summer hot. So, on the first day of school they always had a new outfit to wear! ````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible."
Author: Ten, Boom, Corrie

Photobucket

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.".

"I cannot imagine how the clockwork of the universe can exist without a clockmaker". Voltaire
Message 213 of 331
latest reply

BTW~ I got DS room done!
In my whole career as a mom, that was the worst mess I ever had to clean up!:^O ````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible."

Photobucket

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.".

"I cannot imagine how the clockwork of the universe can exist without a clockmaker". Voltaire
Message 214 of 331
latest reply

nana*of*seven
Enthusiast
Royal
way to go! I need to get busy but just haven't felt all that great.
Photobucket
Message 215 of 331
latest reply

Nana~ Just relax until you feel up to it! I would love to have a perfect hhouse, but my family gets uncomfortable with clean, and just has to mess it up! I'm learning not to worry so much about it!:-) ````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Photobucket

Message 216 of 331
latest reply

Health issues slowed me down again this week.
But still gathered up some stuff that was
just sitting around and put it in the
Trash.
Trying to keep up with the "trash at least
15 items each day" as I go thru the house.
They might be small little things, but
if I keep up, then eventually I'll get
to the bigger stuff that I want to get
to the Thrift Store or my next Yard Sale Pile.

Best wishes to the DeClutter Group!
Message 217 of 331
latest reply

**good_rockin_faith**
Trailblazer
We've decluttered some, this week. Everything is looking better.:)
Message 218 of 331
latest reply

Cheering everyone on!!!! Thanks for the encouraging updates. I need it today. I seriously want to throw in the towel. I'm tired of being the "bad guy" and telling the kids it's time to tidy up. I tired of all the laundry and sweaty, smelly clothes from this time of year. I'm just tired of it ALL and fried. Tomorrow will be a fresh new day...

Thanks for being there, friends!
Message 219 of 331
latest reply

katrina2000
Enthusiast
ahhhhhhhhhh

*fresh air*

A thread that actually has something to do with home...

I used to check out this thread a lot ~ glad to see it's still here

Need a little bit of de-cluttering help!

How does anyone get rid of kids' "stuff" ~ I've got rubber maids full of momento items that I just can't even think of getting rid of...

Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend ~ Corey Ford

Photobucket
Message 220 of 331
latest reply

Things are better here. The kitchen is clean. The laundry is under control (if that is possible). I've sold 41 items on eBay in the past couple weeks and have more up and soon-to-go up. Woo-hoo!

I worked on the office a little, but it has a way to go. The laundry room is looking better too. A couple small bags of donation stuff sits in the garage.

Making inches, but at least moving in the right direction,
freshnewday
Message 221 of 331
latest reply

katrina2000
Enthusiast
I've sold 41 items on eBay in the past couple weeks and have more up and soon-to-go up. Woo-hoo!

Wow!! That does deserve a WOO HOO!!!!

Got my office pretty much straightened away... finally

Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend ~ Corey Ford

Photobucket
Message 222 of 331
latest reply

Hoping to make some more headway this
holiday weekend.

Altho I had to do alot of walking/running
this morning and my have aggrevated the
heel issues again.

Thanks for the encouragement.
Message 223 of 331
latest reply

katrina, My daughter and I keep the most precious of the momentos and take pictures of the other treasures and put them in scrapbooks.
Message 224 of 331
latest reply

alliespop,

I need to go through my babies' creations and do that. I'm thinking of scanning them and making a photobook at picaboo.com. It's a daunting project though. I'm intimidated. I should tackle it the flylady way: 15 minutes at a time. I have a lot of the art in a file. I should take out enough to go through in 15 minutes and put the things I'm going to keep in a new folder.

You've inspired me! Thanks!!

(Speaking of our kids' art: While showering this morning, my 3 yr old somehow got into his paints and made a mess. The paints are kept in a "child-proof" closet in a high drawer. Paint was on the carpet, table, drape, wall, chair. He was wearing a bib though; I always put one on him before such projects, so he got one out before painting. LOL Fortunately, the paints are washable, but what a morning!)

Rebekah
Message 225 of 331
latest reply