cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ELIMINATE CLUTTER from your life forever!

dr.declutter
Enthusiast
Hi everyone. I figured there had to be others out there in the millions of eBayers who want to eliminate clutter. So I decided to create a discussion thread and a "ME" page all about clutter and how to get rid of it and how to keep it out of our lives forever.

Personally I know my clutter problem took years to accumulate, and will take some time and effort to make things "normal" again. But I'm ready to dedicate myself to the effort. I'd like to discuss the tips and strategies necessary not just to eliminate clutter but to become the kind of person who does not ACCUMULATE CLUTTER in the first place! If you are interesting in creating a clutter-free life then let's talk!
Message 1 of 331
latest reply
330 REPLIES 330

jlo72601
Scout
Bump... **

~I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me.~

"STOP TELLING GOD HOW BIG YOUR STORM IS
AND START TELLING YOUR STORM HOW BIG YOUR GOD IS"
Message 196 of 331
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am a recovering clutterer

Yep it's me Annie

Message 197 of 331
latest reply

**good_rockin_faith**
Trailblazer
:^O I love the "recovering" part.

I wish I were recovered already.;)
Photobucket
Message 198 of 331
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try moving 100 miles away and see what you can throw away, give away or sell....
:)

Secular Humanism embodies few beliefs and relies upon the human capacity for reason to resolve contradictions. It is based on science, reason, and our knowledge about human nature. Secular Humanism is amenable to change as we learn more about the world. It is an evolving set of moral principles that are revised periodically in a conscious way through discussion and debate.

Message 199 of 331
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ooops..looks like I need to add a below this line line...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Secular Humanism embodies few beliefs and relies upon the human capacity for reason to resolve contradictions. It is based on science, reason, and our knowledge about human nature. Secular Humanism is amenable to change as we learn more about the world. It is an evolving set of moral principles that are revised periodically in a conscious way through discussion and debate.

Message 200 of 331
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't like that...too big and too many words.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Smiles, Annie

Message 201 of 331
latest reply

🙂
Message 202 of 331
latest reply

jlo72601
Scout
What is sad is that I have a house in Arkansas & one in Texas that are both full of junk. Treasures I like to call them. LOL **

~I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me.~

"STOP TELLING GOD HOW BIG YOUR STORM IS
AND START TELLING YOUR STORM HOW BIG YOUR GOD IS"
Message 203 of 331
latest reply

**good_rockin_faith**
Trailblazer
I've moved a 1,000 miles away before. It seems my Mom brought everything with her.:)

I inherited it all.
Photobucket
Message 204 of 331
latest reply

Still trying to declutter.
Got alot of stuff out of the
kitchen and dining room this past week.
Yippee!

No longer holding onto "mom's" stuff --
the old dull knives that gave me comfort to see
in the kitchen drawer.....
the turkey skewers that I only use on
thanksgiving/christmas went from
the daily drawer to the back cabinet.

The old ice cream scooper that the "flipper"
part didnt work.... just had "for emergencies"
What was I thinking on that one????????!!!!!

Keep Posting... Keep me motivated!!!!
Thanks!
Message 205 of 331
latest reply

**good_rockin_faith**
Trailblazer
What can I say?

I have learned that catalogs, old magazines, paper products do not need to remain in our home.

One way to reduce is to not receive magazines by mail nor catalogs. Now tell this to my Sons.....please.

It will be better when we get our wood stove. We'll use it for kindling.lol

I threw away, actually burned a 1960's set of Encyclopedias this summer.:) DH thought I was crazy. I told him they were outdated & boring.lol
Message 206 of 331
latest reply

You all are inspiring me!
I recently took a few bags of toys and such to the Goodwill truck. I'm currently listing my nice things on eBay and need to list more.
Good luck, everyone!
Message 207 of 331
latest reply

Okay, this weeks declutter story. We have our homeschool classroom in our dinning room. I had a long shelving unit and platic contasiners full of school stuff in there. I stayed up until 2 am the other night cleaning it out. I put the shelving unit in DS room. We now have everything in 2 padded bench seats, and it looks so neat!

Unfortunately, DS room looks like the city dump, and I'm trying to get myself up and clean it and rearrange it! I just discovered ants in there, and my back still hurts from moving furniture and moving junk the other night!:-( ````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible."
Author: Ten, Boom, Corrie

Photobucket

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.".

"I cannot imagine how the clockwork of the universe can exist without a clockmaker". Voltaire
Message 208 of 331
latest reply

nana*of*seven
Enthusiast
I started decluttering when we moved back home after it was remodeled.
We had already taken a lot of stuff to the dump after we moved out.
Wow,I had so much stuff after living in it for eighteen year's.

The letting go off stuff is sometimes a hard thing to do.
All my kids are grown and so there was a lot of things from their past.School stuff they had made ,ext.

I have a storage building full of stuff I have to sell when I get to feeling better.

I also have more stuff under my carport that has to go.
The problem here is both hubby and I are not in real good health
Photobucket
Message 209 of 331
latest reply

Bless you, Royal*mom!

What a wonderful gift you gave your kids! Sounds like that was a big job!

I just fixed up our homeschooling area too. I wanted it to be nice for the new year, especially since we school through the summer. I bought two new little kids' desks at IKEA and retired the coffee table we were using. I got two painted tin pails from Target's one dollar area for their supplies and put their names on them with the label maker. I also went ahead and bought new crayons and pencils so that they could have a fresh start. They were so excited!

The biggest change was removing a large cardboard box from behind their desks. It has had a table in it for about a year. We haven't gotten around to fixing and selling our current kitchen table, so there it has sat unassembled in its box, and my poor kiddos have had to face that ugly box for a year!

Now, I need to clean the REST of the office: My desk!
Message 210 of 331
latest reply