cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Block Buyers/Bidders With Zero Feedback On Ebay

Found a partial solution. Go to Buyer Requirements when you are creating your listing or change it in your site preferences, checkmark the "Have bid on or bought my items within the last 10 days and met my limit...." change it to "1" and then change the value for "only apply this block...." to "0" and this will make anyone who has a feedback of zero to only make or win/bid 1 at a time. Now, I know its not a total block, but its the closest thing there is on Ebay and at least this will make someone out to harm you with a fake account because you blocked them or they are a competitor to only do this on one of your items, not all of them. Also check mark the "Dont Have A Paypal Account" They can still pay for it by credit card through Paypal but this will give you all the real vitals if the person pays. If they are out to get you then you can cross reference to see if that name appears anywhere else on your Paypal transactions with a different Ebay name and if there is a match then call ebay and they will get off the negative because you cant have 2 Ebay accounts and it will seem that the account was made just to cause harm. This is my setup below and I get very few problems.

1.JPG

Hope this helps

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Re: How To Block Buyers/Bidders With Zero Feedback On Ebay

I am curious as to what exactly is a feedback score or -1 (minus one)??

Message 46 of 65
latest reply

What i would like ebay to do is this:

Allow it so that you can only use that option for rare/expensive items.

I agree that all buyers and sellers start with 0. and i sell to them all the time. But when i have an expensive item, i would prefer to sell it to experienced, trusted buyers. So thats what i wish ebay would do. Dont penalize the newbies, but allow sellers to protect ourselves on the expensive items.  

Message 47 of 65
latest reply

So change your settings to 'Will ship after receiving payment' 
Why penalize people who haven't done anything wrong yet, just because they never made a purchase on EBay? I remember being scared $#itless the first time I BOUGHT anything because I was sure either my identity or my money would get stolen. Now it's the other way around??

Message 48 of 65
latest reply

Zero feedback should be allowed to be blocked. The seller should have control over who bids or buys their items. If they lose business,so be it. It should be their choice. It would save a lot of hassles for sellers like: "oops, I gave you the wrong shipping address" after you sent it.

Message 49 of 65
latest reply

This isn't a solution.

Message 50 of 65
latest reply

Hi, I had a ps5 disc version 3 day auction. It was set for $838 plus shipping for first bid. 2 hours before auction was to end today, jj_martinez17, who was registered 5 years ago with zero feedback, and not one transaction in FIVE YEARS bid on my item after me saying not to bid if you have zero feedback in description (they NEVER pay attention to this). I got scared cuz their were no other bids, blocked and cancelled his bid. You think I did the right thing? Red flags were going off in my mind. Please let me know your opinion. THANKS item did not sell btw. It would have went to him had I not done what I did.

Message 51 of 65
latest reply

Hi, I had a ps5 disc version 3 day auction. It was set for $838 plus shipping for first bid. 2 hours before auction was to end today, jj_martinez17, who was registered 5 years ago with zero feedback, and not one transaction in FIVE YEARS bid on my item after me saying not to bid if you have zero feedback in description. I got scared cuz their were no other bids, blocked and cancelled his bid. You think I did the right thing? Red flags were going off in my mind. Please let me know your opinion. THANKS item did not sell btw. It would have went to him had I not done what I did.

Message 52 of 65
latest reply

Actually, most of them are terrible and never pay. 

Message 53 of 65
latest reply

New accounts start with a 0. If that buyer pulls a scam or otherwise causes problems then sellers used to be able to leave negative feedback which would kick them down to -1. That in turn would be a warning to other ebayers to be cautious. You can effectively block bidders/buyers with negative feedback. 0 feedback can't be blocked because all new accounts start with 0. I think you need 10 feedback (or used to) before you could start selling. I have seen accounts at -5 at times, but that was way back in the early 2000s. People were pulling scams from the very beginning. 

Message 54 of 65
latest reply

@goku888 wrote:

Hi, I had a ps5 disc version 3 day auction. It was set for $838 plus shipping for first bid. 2 hours before auction was to end today, jj_martinez17, who was registered 5 years ago with zero feedback, and not one transaction in FIVE YEARS bid on my item after me saying not to bid if you have zero feedback in description. I got scared cuz their were no other bids, blocked and cancelled his bid. You think I did the right thing? Red flags were going off in my mind. Please let me know your opinion. THANKS item did not sell btw. It would have went to him had I not done what I did.

@goku888  That's what bid Cancellation is for ... you cancel, block, move on.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 55 of 65
latest reply

Just got scammed myself. Buyer did a BIN, had 0 feedback, I should've noticed and cancelled. They dropped and broke the item and then claimed it was not functioning, return automatically approved. ebay will never go to bat with a seller in a situation where the scammer returns the exact item purchased. If you receive a different item you have something of a chance. In my case, the item returned was the same as purchased, shucks out of luck.

ebay have a policy of appeasement in such cases: ie, beg the buyer to accept a partial refund

This appeasement policy is naive and discouraging to sellers. Why would a swindler, who is probably socio-pathic and has convinced themselves that they're in the right, agree to anything but a full refund?

If anyone either bids, or exercises a BIN, when they have less than what's comfortable feedback to you, cancel the sale immediately. You won't regret it!

Message 56 of 65
latest reply

Hi, I just had that happen to me. Once I saw the item returning to me, I refunded. Then the cheater intercepted it and had it sent back to them. I just saw they had zero feedback. They must've closed their account because I can't block them. So much cheating.😡

Message 57 of 65
latest reply

ebay needs buyers far more than they need sellers.  We can buy anywhere, but for most sellers it is ebay or sell out of the trunk of your car on nice days.  Bonanza is a complete joke, etsy apparently works for a few but only a few, Amazon is seller-hostile and expensive.

As that stupid saying goes, "It is what it is" so if the zero FB thing bothers you, decide how badly you need to sell on eBay.

Message 58 of 65
latest reply

New buyers can be great but I don't want to deal with it. Let someone else have their business and we'll do business down the road, or we won't.

Message 59 of 65
latest reply

WOW! Me here trying to sell a PS5 Too! I don't see no more options for buyer requirements! What has happened to ebay???

Message 60 of 65
latest reply