cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tales from the Crypt .

Hello, This message is being sent to inform all members of the group "Collectables" that the group has been permanently closed, and all content that was posted in the group has been deleted. This action was taken automatically by the system since there was no group activity within the past 60 days. Inactive groups are automatically deleted from the system in order to ensure that new members have a positive groups experience. Please be aware that the group name will no longer appear on your "My Groups" page. We're sorry for any inconvenience, and hope that you choose to participate in other eBay groups. Please consider joining the official eBay Announcements news group, and get the eBay News emailed to you. http://groups.ebay.com/forum.jspa?forumID=1071&ssPageName=CMDV:GADMIN Thank you for using eBay Groups.
Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Tales from the Crypt .

Ummmmmm, Guy. I must be a little "thick in the head", Guy. I still don't get it. (Are you up to some mischief, maybe? It is April 1st here in the USA, and all kinds of little mischief makers are finding their ways into the air waves.) Is/was there really a group called "Collectables"? If so, it seems to be a pretty weird name, as is so non-descriptive. (Or was / is it intentionally non-descriptive?) What is/was that group all about anyway. There seems to have been a posting or two (in this chess group right here) in more than one thread about it. John, VT. (with perhaps not enough O2 to the brain today...)
Message 2 of 33
latest reply

Tales from the Crypt .

Yes John I was a very active " Zombie member " of Collectables. The British movie company, Hammer made a film called " Plague of the Zombies " in the mid 1960's if I recall correctly. E bay has killed off approx one Dozen Zombies, but they are still very much alive !!! Some are here in this group, having returned from the " dead " to " Plague us with there presence " , whilst I have discovered "Life " again. ];)
Message 3 of 33
latest reply

Tales from the Crypt .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZznL8_Ld4rw Footage from the " Waking dead " who are very much " aliveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" !! ]:) -- Edited by chesspurr at 04/02/2010 3:32 PM PDT
Message 4 of 33
latest reply

Tales from the Crypt .

Guy On the other hand, this particular youtube clip is so bad, it's nauseating. It almost deserves a knightly lamenting posting, but not quite. Lucky you. Advice to all... don't waste your time. But if you are bored silly, or just plain silly, then go for it! However, "to each his own"... and maybe "funny" is "in the eye of the beholder". Must be a cultural thing... 😮 :_| (Or are you, Guy, still drinking the wrong cherry cola?) ;-) Nameless.
Message 5 of 33
latest reply

Tales from the Crypt .

Can you imagine.......... can you just think of how fearsome a " Hissed off Kitty " can be .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF88IYF2MHY 😉
Message 6 of 33
latest reply

Tales from the Crypt .

Wow, Guy! That's one hissy fit! (Almost seemed like someone was teasing / taunting that cat... but I will take the video recorder's explanation of it as the truth, I guess...) Now, are you sure that that particular kitty was not being pursued by its alter ego, the Monty-munching white wabbit? ;-) John.
Message 7 of 33
latest reply

Tales from the Crypt .

Were any of you able to see why the cat was acting the way it was? I didn't see or hear any explanation for it.
. . .

If you go with the flow you'll either get washed out to sea or be dammed.
Message 8 of 33
latest reply

Tales from the Crypt .

Mnmmm yes there must be a reason . Because Cat's Can. Because Cat could. Because Catz Crazy . Yet there is more ............. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWwA3wv04OM ]:)
Message 9 of 33
latest reply

Tales from the Crypt .

Beware of John's Archives, perhaps we might see "Zombie " Chessmen come to life from the cellar, with cobwebs attached, and fresh opportunities for research are possible. ]:)
Message 10 of 33
latest reply

Tales from the Crypt .

A new " research find " http://coolaggregator.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/zombie_cat.jpg rising from the " Dead " he rose from his " Bed " in search of a " Tiger chess set " !!! ]:)
Message 11 of 33
latest reply

Tales from the Crypt .

Well, at least it can't be said this forum has gone to the dogs. But it has gotten rather catty.
. . .

If you go with the flow you'll either get washed out to sea or be dammed.
Message 12 of 33
latest reply

Tales from the Crypt .

Doggonit, Duncan, don't get me started! Taking sides, again, eh, Baron? Ever play the game of "Red Rover" as a kid? "Red Rover, Red Rover, call Duncan right over..." Come back, Dog Duncan, (oh Man of red, white and yellow) to the side of "Truth, Justice, and the American Way"... Forum getting "catty"? Getting catty, you say? More like chatty in a cryptic sort of way. There are many ways to interpret things. As of the moment (not to be competitive or anything...) ;-) "Tales of the Crypt" (sure to die a semi-quick purrfect death) thread (including this message) 13 posts with 123 viewings. "Chat" thread: 967 posts with 9865 viewings (not including. I believe, the original "Chat" threads.) And take notice that it is not a cat thread, but a chat thread. Enough of this image of Cryptic Hippo Critical Purrfection! John, a dog lover in this dog-eat-dog world... with a nod to the Baron, a "leg up" on a cryptic thread, and a wink to the chesspurr.
Message 13 of 33
latest reply

Tales from the Crypt .

Fresh from the " Grave " watch and howl with laughter as the ......... BBC NEWS | UK | England | West Midlands | Daredevil dog climbs ... 13 Feb 2009 ... A dog which climbs a 30ft tree in a Wolverhampton park is becoming ... A tree-climbing dog has become something of a local celebrity in ... www.bbc.co.uk/news/1/hi/england/west_midlands/7889714.stm - Cached What a stunning achievement " arf arf " ...;)
Message 14 of 33
latest reply

Tales from the Crypt .

So this is what we have to worry about ... be afraid .. very afraid ... http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w168/extra_life/Ugly_dog.jpg One does wonder if a " set of chessmen " made of this living & dead tissue would even exist in a well known " CCI museum " ]:)
Message 15 of 33
latest reply