The Chess Collectors
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Chess sets with Animal themes

(Never enough threads...!) Regardless of material used, this thread is for any chess sets where there is an animal theme (directly or indirectly, and even where one could place some cats!). ;-) Let's start with this one: (Look familiar, Dan of Dwolf?...

Replacement Pieces Available?

Sometimes, as collectors, we are looking to fill out a set that is missing a piece or two. I wonder if trading / selling missing pieces is a service we could provide for each other in this group? I am looking for a Barleycorn knight body (do not need...

Viewing Collections Web Sites or Picasa .

This group has some 700 members give or take, with most being happy to enjoy the group in their quiet way . Similar to the CCI itself,with many of the membership happy to remain private . Now as a more experienced collector I realise that trying to p...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 64 replies
  • 0 helpful

Furstenberg Chess Set

I am about to list a Furstenberg Chess set on Ebay. I cannot find any similar sets having been listed. I think the set is valuable. I am thinking of listing at auction beginning at $499 I'd love any advice!! FURSTENBERG BISCUIT PORCELAIN CHESS SET, 1...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Tales from the Crypt .

Hello, This message is being sent to inform all members of the group "Collectables" that the group has been permanently closed, and all content that was posted in the group has been deleted. This action was taken automatically by the system since the...

• 32 replies
  • 0 helpful

The Camaratta Codex is it valid ?!

Alan this morning i read your replies to Michael's question regarding the Camaratta codex. On your Picasa link. Jaques and British chess co chess sets. This is the first refrence as to why the system was abandoned in your latest book, and since i hav...

• 24 replies
  • 0 helpful

Just what is a CCI meeting all about ?

When Thomas Thomsen opened the Cambridge meeting with his speech, he used this phrase. This meeting is a "" gathering of friends "", well judging by the civility,and joviality, it is rather hard to disagree with this statement. Perhaps the curious gr...

International CCI Convention, Cambridge England, June 2010

Now that the 6th Western Hemisphere meeting of CCI has reached a successufl conclusion, it is time for announcing that the next International CCI Convention, will be in Cambridge England in June 2010. If anybody reading this wants to get advance noti...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 23 replies
  • 0 helpful

STYLE: Modern chess sets

Hi, Ty, Alan, (since the last set of postings on Oct 1st 2007). Regarding 160163907538, looks like the seller still has a zero feedback even though someone supposedly had a winning bid. (Unless I am mistaken, a check of the winning bidder's history o...

MATERIAL: Horn sets

hristjansander i agree the horn set in your blog is charming , i even considered bidding on it quite seriously , a very nice little set . there has been a wide variety of vintage horn sets on the bay ,and some are well worth collecting.

• 39 replies
  • 0 helpful

group posting .

When this group was first formed, some of us including myself probably expected too much for everyone. After a time it became clear that the demands of research pro collectors, and lovers of Antique were so dominant that a few persons took over the g...

• 28 replies
  • 0 helpful

Insurance, claims, & apprasial.

Mick's question regarding what insurance companies do regarding claims is interesting. The reason why it might even be more intriguing, is that it is very likely that these firms will have differing ways of servicing our needs in times of tragedy. In...

• 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

Tell the Experts.!!! politely of course !!

This morning I discovered quite by accident this oddity. There appears to be a little " Glitch " on Picasa . Just a teeny weeny one, but it is annoying . When a visitor wishes to make a comment, it is advisable to offer messages in short sentances li...