cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns

I have a guy who is requesting to return the 3 most expensive cards he bought. He just opened it today and the cards were delivered on May 26. Over 3 weeks ago. What do you do as a seller. I haven't set up a return policy. So it is no returns at this time. Any help is appreciated.  Thank you

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Returns

I thought there was a "3 day" policy on cards.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Using the eBay policy does not mean that a buyer will not take other avenues for a refund/return (legitimate  or illegitimate)

@sbeeman37 

Trading Cards

Covered:

• If the seller doesn't offer returns, the buyer must request a return no later than 3 calendar days after the estimated or actual delivery date
  • If the seller offers returns, the buyer must request a return within the seller's stated return window
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Obviously, I know nothing about cards or their value, but why is the allowed time to request a return so much shorter than for other kinds of items?  

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Was a case open: if so what reason for a case??

If they are saying item not as described you get two choices:

One: let them keep item, and refund,

Two return for refund: Shipping for return cost you.

No such thing as no returns on eBay, It for sure does not mean no refunds...

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Just a guess: 

Volatility? 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

what was the reason he selected for returning cards?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I don't do cards, but seems that I have read that one of the reasons was because of the fluctuation in value of some cards.  Buyer (collector,or reseller)gets a card for $500, and then a week later for whatever reason the value drops drastically.

Buyer (collector, or reseller) no longer wants the item at the price paid,  as it is now less valuable.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Thank you.  Have gained some interesting/valuable knowledge thanks to you.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Because there are thousands of "Ebay Resellers" who were using the 30 day "buyers remorse" return policy to game the system. They buy a card....try to resell it for more on Ebay...if it doesn't they return it on day 29. 
Quite a scam....

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

EBAY lets the buyers walk all over the sellers and always have. It's a shame that they always side with the buyer no matter what their protocol is.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

This was my complaint when they basically forced returns on sellers 11 years ago.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

The management at ebay has created a disgusting culture of new buyers. along with the fees that go up once or twice a year no wondering everyone is selling somewhere else. ebays corporate greed at some point will ruin this company's stock. The executives do not care they get paid millions, have tons of stock, but never bought or sold an item on their own platform...the greedy tech animals ripping of the little guy

Message 13 of 13
latest reply