cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIP Bud and Mr Mint

RIP to both Bud Obermeyer and Al Rosen.....

I realize Lindy mentioned Bud's passing already.....I appreciated all of his posts as well as all of the messages we exchanged on a variety of topics.   Truly a very knowledgble resource....this board has not been the same since he stopped posting last summer..  

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: RIP Bud and Mr Mint

Hi withpitchsports,

I didn't know you ,never saw you on the board.Thank You for the post about Mr Mint.

He became My Dear Friend 17 years ago when it was called the Chat Board,those were the days my friend.

I knew Bud well he was my defender and I his. He had one troll that would not leave him alone,for so many years.He took it well as Bud would.

We became friends in Chat. then Facebook then personal emails.All Good.Bud was a Great Father and His Wife meant so much to him.They lost big.Just like us God picks the best Rose He Can find.

It happened after I received his Sons message about what happen.Something happened to me .I was so sick.

Crazy world I went to the hospital in a coma for 5 days ,hospital for total 5 weeks very sick I fought for my life. They had to teach me how to walk again.As most of you know I was a Dance Instructor thanks to Bud putting it on this board about me .I didn't know he was going to do that.

What got me the most was after I came home,I saw my message from his Son.I told my Husband ,when did this happen ? I had forgotten he was gone .

I'm sure because I had forgotten somethings after the coma.I had to relive it again,told my husband when did this happen.He waited until remembered .

I asked myself why Bud and not me. I think God has something left for me to do ,only he knows, cause I sure don't.

I will miss him as we all will .He was one of the most loved person on this board.

Thanks Again I hope the Board will never forget Bud.

Lindybroken_heart

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

Wow, a shame to hear. One of the first Inernet groups I was a part of was the old Ebay chat room, hi to those I recognize in the thread.

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

WOW! What sad news to find after so much time has passed since I visited this board. I had a hard time just finding it and with a whole new format. Bud was a true gentleman and a font of information on most any topic.

I'm happy to see my old friends Fred and Norm have posted and I hope you're both well along with Daggs [my oldest "bud"] on this board and the other board many of the old regulars used to post on.

Rest in peace Bud...you'll be missed.

To all my old friends...stay well and happy.

John [imnorrfan]

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

John,

Geez been a long time. Hope you and your family are doing Well also.. enjoying life. Good to hear from you.. we had some fun times With Bud. He had a great sense of humor as well..  all the best..

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

To all you guys I know from the old eBay chat room>

I just don't want any of us to forget Bud, or really, to forget each other.

Because those years on the old board were special, for making new friends,

for nurturing old friendships, for being a haven when each of us went through hard times. It was a comforting, safe place. I met so many interesting people from all over the country, and learned a hell of alot about some very strange places, and about alot of strange hobbies some of you guys had. (Hahaha).  Example: The friend of mine who raises all kinds of reptilian two-headed monsters and loves to show his collection of bizarre snakes, gators, bats, ......yikes!

I don't want us to forget how **bleep** funny you all were.  Not me especially. I hung there late in the evening with the gals telling each other raucously (or raunchy ) made up stories about whatever we knew would drive the guys crazy. What fun that was! 

I never laughed as much as I did when reading that chat board some days.  The ribbing, the sarcasm, the self-deprecation some of you inflicted upon yourselves -- and others -- was too **bleep** hysterical. 

And the locker room **bleep**  every week during those Fantasy Football, Fantasy Baseball, Fantasy Anything To Make Some Bucks, days was so absolutely cool and scary  at the same time.

Let's still use this page to recall some stories we all have - and each of you has one!  Because baseball, and football, and those crazy hockey puck teams brought us all into one room. And isn't that what sports is all about?  Bringing a lot of people together sharing opinions and stories about games they saw, legendary players they met, tags that were blown, runners going the wrong direction, wild pitches thrown, and how good the Monday morning quarterbacking really is.

---  Nancy  (njames51)

Message 20 of 28
latest reply

Hi Nancy!!!  This was a great board years ago, we had so many great people on it, we had fun, and imparted a lot of knowledge too.  I miss those days big time.  Hi to everyone from the old board who might see this!!!!!!!  I have posted in this thread already, as I miss Bud, he was such a great guy, but your post just made me want to post here again.  

DaBig

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

I did a Google search to see what was going on here on the ebay sportscard forum and I must say that this was a terrible way to check back in. Bud was a very helpful man and I will forever associate this board, with him. I regret now, not taking him up on his lunch offer several years back, when he was in town for a poker tournament.

You'll be missed, Bud. Rest in peace.

-D "Charlieshustle"

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

Totally stinks the way the old boards were moved and everyone fell out.

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

So sad to hear about Bud, what a gentleman and first class person.

I used to love these boards, but haven't visited for quite some time.  Ebay really knows how to ruin a great thing.  To show my appreciation for destroying this place, I've stopped buying here completely.

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

no plain,DagBig, Nance,

Of coares I have said many times about Buddy,(Bud).Now about the chat board,where we all started. All the fun and the Oh yeahs ,The Guys and of coarse the Girls.Some are still my friends on can't say "face book" ,there I did. It will be bleeped.

Your right it totally stinks.I spent so much time on the board and selling,I am now single.Losing Bud was hard and still is .All though being singles is easy.

I miss the old Chat room,and the people.I only come here when I get a message one of you has posted on this thread.

Miss You All

Lindy Roars

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

Lindy, Dabig, and old pals. Hi!! On Facebook we have a closed private group of the old ebay chat room alumni.

Its called  The Old TCB (trading card board). We have 19 members, including Kathryn, Vinny, JohnD, Carberry, Sandy, Pablo, Schmidt, Trudy, and more. Check it out. Look for The Old TCB, and request to join. It's not as active as we were, but we have a place so we can still talk to the old gang. And discuss whatever.

I have awesome fun memories from the old crazy ass days. I dont want to forget the friends I made there.

Come by and hang out. - njames51

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

Hi Nancy ,isn't that the one we were all on ,that Thomas started (Met).With Bud.?

Think of you often.

As Always

Lindy      Hear Me Roar

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

Fungo the glove guy here checking back in. I am so sorry to hear about Bud. I wasn't a regular on this board but checked in from time to time to see if i could help answer any vintage baseball glove questions. Bud would always shoot me a message if one popped up and i hadn't addressed it in 3 days or so. As has been said seve3ral times here the Boards used to be  such a fun place to be. Unfortunately along with the fun was lots of meanness and I think Ebay just got tired of monitoring it. I sure miss it.

What I loved about Bud was from the first time i posted here he made me feel like i was a regular. I think he saw that hea nd i had the same sense of humor and he always had a funny thing to say. I am truly sorry that he is no longer with us.

Message 28 of 28
latest reply