cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading sports cards

I know I posted the same question yesterday but I believe (being new to the forum) I posted it in the wrong place.

Anyways, I'm looking to send in about 100 sports cards to be graded does anyone have a recommendation between PSA and/or Beckett. The cards are relatively new 10-15 years old.

Also, and less important, but helpful nonetheless, would anyone know the cheapest way of doing it (as opposed to the $10 a card).

Thanks to everyone in advance

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Grading sports cards

It has been mentioned that while both are great companies. PSA for vintage and Beckett for modern.

If you sign up for a yearly subscription, they have discounted prices or so many free.

Look at an online price guide to see if they are even worth being graded. If you believe they are a 10. They aren't. Take whatever grade you feel and they may be 2 points lower. Depending on how well you know cards, that can vary.

Good luck!

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

It has been mentioned that while both are great companies. PSA for vintage and Beckett for modern.

If you sign up for a yearly subscription, they have discounted prices or so many free.

Look at an online price guide to see if they are even worth being graded. If you believe they are a 10. They aren't. Take whatever grade you feel and they may be 2 points lower. Depending on how well you know cards, that can vary.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

It's all a scam. They both grade fakes. Look at the color difference in cards for tom brady rookie ticket. They have a ton of different shades. They also take advantage of people on here who don't know what they got 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

HUH??

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Although I realize this post is more than a year old, I don't remember seeing it before.  I would disagree with the first response.  PSA for modern, BGS for vintage.  Since you said your cards are 10-15 years old, I would definitely go with PSA.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Perhaps something has changed that I’m not aware of. I don’t keep up with the trade much anymore.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Highly disagree with BGS for vintage!.. I would go with PSA/SGC for vintage

Message 8 of 8
latest reply