cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tracking number marked as delivered but they buyer reported their item hasn't arrived

Hello, 
I sent a package to a buyer with a tracking number.

the tracking number shows in USPS that the package was delivered to the mailbox a month ago and I even reached out to him a few days later to see if it arrived and if he was satisfied.  didn't answer me then.

yesterday he reported their item hadn't arrived.

obviously, I don't want to refund and lose money on this order.

anyone can help me with what can I do?

Is there anything I can do with this case since the tracking number that the package was delivered?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

tracking number marked as delivered but they buyer reported their item hasn't arrived

If the buyer has opened an item not received case through eBay, just copy the tracking number and paste it into the case. The case will be found in your favor.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Did they open a not received case? If they did, enter the tracking number. If they did not, wait for them to do it. I recently had someone open an INR and the tracking was already in the dispute (I submitted it again anyway) I looked at my payments page and I see that the funds were held, and then released again before I even saw the dispute. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

As long as you shipped to the address on the order @omnach9 , eBay seller protections will cover you for a non-receipt claim since you have a delivery scan. The buyer should have said something within a couple days, not after a month, because that would have given them a better opportunity to speak with their PO or mail carrier about the package.

Has it been more than 30 days since delivery? Buyer only gets MBG coverage for 30 days after delivery, so if you've surpassed that then any non-receipt claim filed through eBay can't even be escalated. Buyer has no coverage at that point.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

It was marked as delivered on October 6th it's been more than 30 days since then. 

so you're saying that I just need to put the tracking number again in the case and there will be no problem with eBay?

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@omnach9 wrote:

It was marked as delivered on October 6th it's been more than 30 days since then. 

so you're saying that I just need to put the tracking number again in the case and there will be no problem with eBay?

there will be no problem with ebay, but ebay could receive a 'charge back' by the buyers credit card in which you will have to 'answer again' and then, that cc company could still decide in their customers favor and ebay will force you to refund. 

Charge Backs are the way of the world- google it. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Buyer has to open a claim as item not received. Do not refund. Ebay lets buyers open a claim after 30+ days...doesn't mean buyer will get a refund. Input tracking number in open claim. I had buyers open claims after 6 months and 3 months and they got closed with no refunds by me. You might get a hold for a day or two on funds but eBay usually will release the funds back to you.

Stop emailing the buyer. And block the buyer.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

@omnach9 wrote:

there will be no problem with ebay, but ebay could receive a 'charge back' by the buyers credit card in which you will have to 'answer again' and then, that cc company could still decide in their customers favor and ebay will force you to refund. 

If the payment dispute is filed with the reason item not received, the seller should be covered by eBay, regardless of what the bank decides.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/payment-dispute-seller-protections?id=5293#secti...

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Yes.......

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@omnach9 wrote:

I even reached out to him a few days later to see if it arrived and if he was satisfied.

Why?

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Screenshot_1.jpg

I updated the tracking number on the request details. that's the place, right?
what happens from now? do I need to do something or eBay will let me know?

thank you so much for the help so far. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply