cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay not recognizing "Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery" as delivered.

In many places such as apartment buildings with concierge/doorman, townhouse complexes with a management office, freight forwarders, buildings with mailrooms, etc USPS will deliver to the building's mail "agent" and this has always registered a "delivered" status on the eBay orders page.

That is it used to until about 2-1/2 months ago. Now those orders are stuck as "shipped" as the system is not recognizing that packages were delivered. When you click the tracking pop-up it's stuck at "it's on its way to the buyer" and "was scheduled" for delivery on X date.

I've reported the issue multiple times, but I'm wondering if others here are seeing the same problem?

Hey devon@ebay - can you get the shipping and/or seller hub teams working on this? If you need order numbers or screenshots to reference I can send an e-mail.

Message 1 of 268
latest reply
267 REPLIES 267

Re: eBay not recognizing "Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery" as delivered.

I am also currently experiencing this issue

Screenshot_20230210-091342.png

Screenshot_20230210-091555~2.png

Screenshot_20230210-091529.png

Message 166 of 268
latest reply

So, an UPDATE on my cases. The buyer contacted eBay customer support for both of his cases and eBay proceeded normally and did not send a refund, even with this tracking problem showing. So I think that part is okay. This is just confusing for buyers, but it didn't affect the INR cases that were opened.

Message 167 of 268
latest reply

@chevymontecarlo88 wrote:

Has there been any updates or guidance to sellers that have this issue as well. 

Not sure if this question was raised in this long thread but will it effect your shipping time stats?

@chevymontecarlo88 - if no claim is filed then do nothing. If an INR is filed then upload tracking per usual. Claim should close in your favor. If it doesn't you can contact CS (I suggest through facebook or twitter for US-based reps) and ask them to appeal.

No, it will have no effect on the late shipment rating.

Message 168 of 268
latest reply

Thank you for the reply and clarification! 

Message 169 of 268
latest reply

The only way to prevent a loss from a delivery to an agent is to add "Restricted Delivery" at an extra cost of $6.55. Otherwise, you will assume the risk of a wrong delivery or fraudulent claim of nondelivery. 

Message 170 of 268
latest reply

Currently also dealing with this issue, on a high ticket macbook of course. Tracking number 9405508205496463839901 and address shows its a Freight Forwarding Company called SSMC Xpress International. CS cant seem to wrap their head around that its a Freight Forwarding Company which is why im concerned it will be reshipped internationally. They just keep saying "It cant be shipped internationally because it was sent to a Florida Address". Tracking shows delivered to agent but eBay still shows in transit.

Message 171 of 268
latest reply

If no claim is filed and we do nothing, wont the funds just be on hold indefinitely? Since tracking will never update?

Message 172 of 268
latest reply

@heffe_camer wrote:

If no claim is filed and we do nothing, wont the funds just be on hold indefinitely? Since tracking will never update?

Shouldn't be @heffe_camer, but if funds aren't released within 30 days I suggest contacting US-based customer service through a DM on one of their social channels - eBay for Business on Facebook or AskeBay on Twitter. Those reps should be aware of this issue and if for some reason you get a confused rep you can send them a link to this post. Use this direct link to Devon's post about policy:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/eBay-not-recognizing-quot-Delivered-to-Agent-for-Final-Delive...

Message 173 of 268
latest reply

And when "the individual that purchased the item" is not able to sign for the "restricted delivery" I do believe that would result  in the item being returned. I also believe that would result in the loss of the postage paid.

Message 174 of 268
latest reply

Still not fixed. My package was sent to a freight forwarder - and today Feb. 14, 2023 it still says:

The item is ready for pick up.

Tracking summary

We'll update you as soon as more info is available.

We'll update you as soon as more info is available.

Last Location: Portland, OR

Last Location: Portland, OR

Accepted   Sat, Feb 4

In transit
Out for delivery
Estimated delivery
Mon, Feb 6

USPS: 9400108205496440032735
Hide tracking details
  1. Feb 6, 2023
    11:28am
    DELIVERED TO AGENT FOR FINAL DELIVERY
    PORTLAND, OR 97230
Message 175 of 268
latest reply

I am having this issue as well on a high value item.  Item shows delivered to agent, tracking on eBay shows ready for pickup.  It’s a freight forwarding company.  Without contacting me, purchaser opened an item not received case.

Message 176 of 268
latest reply

Same Problem!! Item ID: 225358811743

Delivered to a Miami Freight Forwarder. It is now Feb 15th and no change in the status, Still shows "Shipped"

_Image1.PNG
USPS # 9400108205496448071705
  1. Feb 8, 2023
    3:47pm
    MIAMI, FL 33172
  2. Feb 8, 2023
    10:31am
    ARRIVAL AT UNIT
    MIAMI, FL 33172
  3. Feb 8, 2023
    3:05am
    ARRIVED AT USPS REGIONAL FACILITY
    MIAMI, FL 33172
  4. Feb 8, 2023
    2:44am
    DEPARTED USPS REGIONAL FACILITY
    MIAMI FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, 33152
Message 177 of 268
latest reply

I opened a case with post office and they were incredibly helpful.  Said that the address was a very high volume reshipper.  The agent changed my package to show as delivered instead of delivered to agent so that eBay would recognize.  Forwarding company also directly confirmed receipt.  This is an issue eBay needs to resolve.   The buyer in my case actually provided me the forwarding company info upon request so I do not think they were trying to scam me, but as long as eBay doesn’t recognize this as delivered the door will be open for sellers to be scammed.    Before I was able to get the assistance of the reshipper and post office I reached out to the Facebook eBay help team, they were not helpful, essentially just said the item shows as not delivered.

Message 178 of 268
latest reply

@garthbrooks63 wrote:

Same Problem!! Item ID: 225358811743

Delivered to a Miami Freight Forwarder. It is now Feb 15th and no change in the status, Still shows "Shipped"

_Image1.PNG
USPS # 9400108205496448071705
  1. Feb 8, 2023
    3:47pm
    MIAMI, FL 33172

Hey devon@ebay - the shipping team has not provided any response on updating the orders page in seller hub (at least not one that you've been able to share with us) since I started this discussion two months ago. Can you ask them again for a status update? At least confirm if they are working on it even if there's no ETA for the fix yet?

It's painful to be left hanging with nothing, not even knowing if the delivery status issue on the eBay tracking pop-ups is being addressed. In the meantime sellers are running into roadblocks, CS reps that think these packages aren't delivered despite the official inclusion in policy, and lots of seller and CS time and resources are being wasted.

Appreciate anything you can do to get some sort of acknowledgement or update for us. Thanks, Devon.

Message 179 of 268
latest reply

Add me to the list of  "Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery" sellers.  It is the Portland Oregon freight forwarder that many are referencing.  I added signature confirmation.  When I saw that it was signed for by Parkrose Firms and the address of signature was the address of the Post Office there (not the address of the freight forwarder)  I opened a request with the post office asking why it showed delivery to the post office address not the freight forwarder.  The post office replied and closed case but the tracking still does reflect  the package as delivered.   There response is attached below.

While I have not had a case opened by buyer, I am aware that I have to be proactive in cases like this.  This loophole will embolden buyers to use Portland and the vague "Delivered to Agent" tracking to their advantage.

Who is responsible to amending the tracking in these cases?  Is it Ebay or the Post Office?Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 09-48-44 Manage paid and shipped orders — eBay Seller Hub.jpg

Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 09-42-37 judithanab@yahoo.com - Yahoo Mail.jpgScreenshot 2023-02-15 at 09-48-44 Manage paid and shipped orders — eBay Seller Hub.jpg

Message 180 of 268
latest reply