cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay not recognizing "Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery" as delivered.

In many places such as apartment buildings with concierge/doorman, townhouse complexes with a management office, freight forwarders, buildings with mailrooms, etc USPS will deliver to the building's mail "agent" and this has always registered a "delivered" status on the eBay orders page.

That is it used to until about 2-1/2 months ago. Now those orders are stuck as "shipped" as the system is not recognizing that packages were delivered. When you click the tracking pop-up it's stuck at "it's on its way to the buyer" and "was scheduled" for delivery on X date.

I've reported the issue multiple times, but I'm wondering if others here are seeing the same problem?

Hey devon@ebay - can you get the shipping and/or seller hub teams working on this? If you need order numbers or screenshots to reference I can send an e-mail.

Message 1 of 268
latest reply
267 REPLIES 267

Re: eBay not recognizing "Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery" as delivered.

Whew, glad to find this thread. I haven't had any claims opened, but just noticed I've had 3 of these since Christmas (all 3 show delivered on USPS). Thanks all.

Message 106 of 268
latest reply

@jjgeocore wrote:

devon@ebay 

Hi, I'm having the same problem. Ebay is not recognizing delivered to agent for final delivery. Tracking is 9449008205496372089779. I'm a new seller, and my funds are on hold. I'm concerned my account may be flagged as a new seller. Can you please resolve this? Or do I need to call customer service? Thanks

Hey @jjgeocore! In this case you will want to reach out to customer support and they will be able to help you out!

Devon,
eBay
Message 107 of 268
latest reply

Same issue here.

Item shows delivered to agent for final delivery on 1/12 via USPS. Scan on eBay shows it got that far but tracking also shows sent 1/3 when item wasn't purchased until 1/7 and now 8-10 random scans after the 1/12 update via eBay link. Does NOT show delivered via eBay. Buyer waited until 9 days later to open a case without any messages to us. USPS confirms delivery. 

Do we issue refund and lose money + item or risk a defect if we lose our case? Any help would be appreciated.

Tracking #9405508205497527422596

Message 108 of 268
latest reply

@y2littlek wrote:

Same issue here.

Item shows delivered to agent for final delivery on 1/12 via USPS. Scan on eBay shows it got that far but tracking also shows sent 1/3 when item wasn't purchased until 1/7 and now 8-10 random scans after the 1/12 update via eBay link. Does NOT show delivered via eBay. Buyer waited until 9 days later to open a case without any messages to us. USPS confirms delivery. 

Do we issue refund and lose money + item or risk a defect if we lose our case? Any help would be appreciated.

Tracking #9405508205497527422596

The tracking on USPS is all normal @y2littlek. The part where you're seeing other tracking info for a package shipped on 1/3 sounds like a glitch in eBay's system where it's bringing in tracking from a different package. As long as the 22596 number is the only tracking number attached to that order, then upload the tracking to the claim. You can contact CS and ask them for help closing the case in your favor because of that other weird issue and also because eBay hasn't fixed the delivered to agent delivery status yet.

Message 109 of 268
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@wastingtime101 wrote:

devon@ebay wrote:

Hi all! I wanted to share the latest update that I have heard back from our Policy team on this. They had the following to share:

“eBay policy has been updated to consider “Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery,” as delivered.”

This is really great news, thanks so much devon@ebay! I appreciate that you stuck with us on this.

Can you also confirm if tracking status on eBay is going to be fixed? I'm still seeing these items stuck on "in transit" - back in October I was seeing "delivered". You can reference my above screenshots if needed. Was the shipping team able to confirm this glitch is being worked on?

Hey @wastingtime101! I can reach and see what the status of that is and let you know once I hear back! 

Thanks devon@ebay and could you also find out if (once implemented) this will be a "go forward" fix where past orders will be stuck without a correct delivery status on eBay, or if it will be an all-inclusive fix where we should expect to see the delivery status updated on eBay for Nov-Dec-Jan orders?

Message 110 of 268
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

devon@ebay wrote:

@wastingtime101 wrote:

devon@ebay wrote:

Hi all! I wanted to share the latest update that I have heard back from our Policy team on this. They had the following to share:

“eBay policy has been updated to consider “Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery,” as delivered.”

This is really great news, thanks so much devon@ebay! I appreciate that you stuck with us on this.

Can you also confirm if tracking status on eBay is going to be fixed? I'm still seeing these items stuck on "in transit" - back in October I was seeing "delivered". You can reference my above screenshots if needed. Was the shipping team able to confirm this glitch is being worked on?

Hey @wastingtime101! I can reach and see what the status of that is and let you know once I hear back! 

Thanks devon@ebay and could you also find out if (once implemented) this will be a "go forward" fix where past orders will be stuck without a correct delivery status on eBay, or if it will be an all-inclusive fix where we should expect to see the delivery status updated on eBay for Nov-Dec-Jan orders?

Hey @wastingtime101! I can check on this and let you know once I hear back! 

Devon,
eBay
Message 111 of 268
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

devon@ebay wrote:

@wastingtime101 wrote:

devon@ebay wrote:

@wastingtime101 I heard back on this and this is what the Policy Team said:

"The new policy implementation will be a ‘go forward adjudication’ so any claim adjudicated after the policy change would be subject to the change, regardless of transaction date or claim open date."

Devon,
eBay
Message 112 of 268
latest reply

That's great info, thanks devon@ebay! I'm sure many sellers here will be relieved to hear they can appeal if they lost any claims during the last few months.

My question also applies to the delivered status in seller hub, not just the policy. In other words: when they finally roll out a fix so these orders are recognized as delivered on the seller hub orders page, will it just be "go forward" or will we see the delivery status updated on past orders.

Message 113 of 268
latest reply

A Quick fix for sellers having this problem, Message eBay for business on facebook. I explained the issue and even sent them a link to this thread, and they released my funds almost immediately. But of course, this is only if you are a seller.  

Message 114 of 268
latest reply

Does this apply to international shipments also?

I am getting killed with INR claims on international shipments.

Message 115 of 268
latest reply

Hi Devon,

I discovered this conversation today after losing a dispute with a buyer due to this shipping issue (Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery). Upon further investigation I discovered that the address supplied by the buyer belongs to a freight forwarding business in Portland, OR. The local postmaster confirmed that the package was delivered to the provided address.

After cooperating with the dispute process and providing the tracking number (9405508205497509047380) I received an email from eBay Customer Support on 1/24/23 at 6:30pm PST  stating "The case was decided in the buyer's favor" and "We didn't receive valid proof of delivery from you". 

My question is if you think it's best that I "send an appeal" using the link provided in the case details or go a different route?

Paul

Message 116 of 268
latest reply

I think anyone affected by this problem should be refunded retroactively or an announcement should be made so sellers know they can appeal this.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 117 of 268
latest reply

@roy222 wrote:

Does this apply to international shipments also?

I am getting killed with INR claims on international shipments.

If your international shipments don't have door to door tracking that's an entirely different issue and you should start a new thread about it @roy222 so we can help. There could be many factors at play in your situation.

Message 118 of 268
latest reply

I am also having this issue. I had a buyer order a package in early December, and it was "delivered to agent" on December 14. Now, at the end of January, the buyer opens an INR claim saying he apparently never got the package. The USPS website shows it with the green checkmark as having been delivered well over a month ago, but eBay's automated system doesn't recognize this and won't close the case like it should.

The buyer has also refused to respond to me for two days, the only thing he claimed is that it never arrived when he opened the INR. I suspect he used a freight forwarder to get around my block on international shipping, which is why it's showing as "delivered to agent".

Hopefully when I call customer service they can close the case for me, since it would be recognized as delivered to the address provided and automatically closed in my favor if not for this glitch.

The tracking number is

Message 119 of 268
latest reply

9405508205496357580285  Same here shipped the item on time and arrived in Portland, OR at the destination in 4 days USPS says delivered to Agent for Final Delivery.  Buyer opened a missing mail search with USPS and then an Item not received case with eBay so last tracking details don't say delivered to Agent for Final Delivery but say missing mail search was opened.  Opened a service request (missing mail searches never work and go on for years) with USPS and heard from the supervisor of the buyers post office.  Supervisor showed the scanned image of the package when it arrived at their facility to the carrier and the carrier recognized the packaged and said they delivered it.  Buyer lives in an apartment complex and says they have a secured mail room and claims to have never received the package.  Supervisor of their post office says there have been a lot of recent thefts in the area and recommended notifying the police which we recommended to the buyer however the buyer is giving all the excuses not to (i.e. saying personal theft is excluded from all reports and that it will take several weeks).  We asked the USPS supervisor to have the carrier who delivered it mark the package as Delivered to document it and they just didn't respond to our request.  Buyer opened claim 5 days ago so we'll find out if eBay backs us up since we have an email from the USPS supervisor to support the Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery from USPS.  When will this issue be resolved with eBay.

Message 120 of 268
latest reply