cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Missing the Small Flat Rate Box Option

Anyone else have this random but annoying issue come up? I've already contacted someone from customer service more than once this week about it but I'd like to know if any other sellers are having the same problem. When I go to sell anything the option to pick a Small Flat Rate Box in the shipping doesn't show up. It just shows Medium and Large Flat Rate Box. Maybe if more people report it this issue will get resolved faster.

missingshippingoption.png

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: eBay Missing the Small Flat Rate Box Option

I get the Small Flat Rate Box.  Maybe check your package size and make sure it is a size that will fit in the Small Flat Rate Box.  You can edit the size after a sale if you need to.

Maybe if you select the first option it will show you the other options available.

Where did you get your screen shot from?

stephenmorgan_0-1655956031516.pngstephenmorgan_1-1655956094450.png

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Same issue.  The USPS Priority Small box is no longer an option for shipping. 

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

I'm seeing it . 

Untitled.png

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

There has been a seller who says that items that already had this option also now those listing should show no shipping available so buyers can't purchase them 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Hey @sanchezsheri and @roblog. eBay's shipping system uses whole numbers exclusively and when you enter a fraction/decimal, the system round up to the nearest whole number.

The USPS Small Priority Flat Rate Box measures 8 11⁄16" x 5 7⁄16" x 1 3/4" outer (8 5/8″ x 5 3/8″ x 1 5/8″ inner), so in order for that package option to appear, you need to enter package dimensions of 8 x 5 x 1 or smaller.

When package dimensions entered exceed the size of a flat rate package, eBay will not show you that flat rate option when purchasing shipping labels.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

You can ship through PirateShip at same or lower price .

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

I took the screenshot from my seller page in the shipping section.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I tried that and the customer service agent recommended I do this as well but it didn't work. It looks like there are a few other sellers with the same issue. I've never had this problem before, and it since it is impacting other sellers it needs to be resolved by eBay.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

After changing the dimensions, did you type in the word small in the box at the top of your screenshot @sanchezsheri to see if it would pull up the small flat rate option?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

I did. It doesn't show the small box as an option.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

We have noticed this for over 2 months ! We ship many antique jewelry and coin items and our customers want the small flat rate box! This is ridiculous ! They are gouging on shipping costs soooo much ! eBay needs to find an answer fast!!! 

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Of course we get the boxes ! The darn post office supplies them and no it is NOT an issue of the item is too large for the box and as far as weight goes all flat rate boxes are good for up to 70 lbs! So that is no issue ! It IS NOT SHOWING AS A SHIPPING OPTION AS IT HAS FOR YEARS !!! 

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@musljckstud wrote:

Of course we get the boxes ! The darn post office supplies them and no it is NOT an issue of the item is too large for the box and as far as weight goes all flat rate boxes are good for up to 70 lbs! So that is no issue ! It IS NOT SHOWING AS A SHIPPING OPTION AS IT HAS FOR YEARS !!! 

@musljckstud I think that you misunderstood the post that you were replying to.  The poster was saying that they see the small flat rate box on the list of shipping options available.  They suggested that now you have to make sure dimensions on the listing are entered and they have to correct.  Try entering  6" x 4 x 1" in the dimensions to see if that makes the small flat rate box show up.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Yes it’s now 12/10/22 and I’m shipping a listing with a lot of antique keys which fit into a priority small flat rate box, but it’s not showing as an option in my draft.  Driving me nuts!  I need to send the keys which weigh four pounds this way, and EBay is suggesting (in the draft listing) that I send it First Class, but we all know it’s too heavy for that.  Of boy oh boy, frustrating.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply